PCD PC 2010-04-21 Webex

From IHE Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Patient Care Device Domain

Meeting Purpose

Regularly Scheduled PC Meeting

WebEx Information

Topic: PCD Planning Committee Meeting

Discussion of Change Proposals and Review of Other Actions


Date: Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Time: 11:00 am, Eastern Time (New York)

Duration: 60 Minutes

Proposed Agenda

  1. Agenda Approval
  2. Review Discussion Summary: April 7PCD PC 2010-04-07 Webex
  3. Spring F2F Update Agenda
  4. Connectathon Follow-Up Discussion
  5. Review HIMSS Showcase 2010 wrap-up and AAMI 2010 Preparations
  6. WAN CP's
  7. WCM
  8. Action Item Review
  9. Additional Business
  10. Next Meetings

Action Items from Previous Meetings

See PCD Planning Committee Action Items and PCD Technical Committee Action Items pages.

Significant changes, other than dates, will be in bold.

Participants

Chair: Steve Merritt
Christel Anderson, Jon Blasingame, Bikram Day, Al Engelbert, Robert Flanders, John Garguilo, Sarah Hopkins, Roy Kerns,Steve Merritt, John Rhoads, Jeff Rinda, Paul Schluter, Erin Sparnon, Greg Staudenmaier, Scott Zaffrin, Khalid Zubaidi, Manny Furst

Discussion

Discussion Summaries do not require formal approval, while minutes of meetings where votes are taken do. Participants are encouraged to review and bring up significant issues with discussion summaries of previous meetings. Votes will be taken to approve meetings where votes took place; these may be email ballots.

Item Topic Discussion
1 Introductions & Agenda Review
- Chair
Status/Discussion:

Decisions/Issues:

  • Agenda approved

Action(s):

2 Discussion Summary or Approval of Minutes
- Chair
Status/Discussion:
  • Discussion Summary of previous meeting was accepted

Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):

3 WAN CPs
- Paul
Status/Discussion:
  • Paul reviewed the CPs which have been passed and noted that there were two comments which have been addressed. One of the issues is vendor identification for those not having an EUI-64 identifier. John Garguilo asked how vendors not within the PCD domain who are sending data approach this. Paul will discuss this with Harry Solomon who is an expert in this area. The changes to the CPs will be reflected in the TF. John Rhoads will distribute the TF draft in advance of the F2F. Paul noted that one more issue has arisen – OBX 18 – PCD has used 1 and 2, while a comment was received yesterday suggesting 3 and 4. The current approach will be used; it leaves 3 and 4 for additional information such as an OID.
  • Manny asked about impact on IDCO and vice-versa. John indicated that OBR-4 will need to accommodate IDCO’s needs. The rules will depend upon the use case. Paul noted that these should be simple and that NIST views this as possible.

Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):

4 AAMI-Mini Showcase
- Manny
Status/Discussion:
  • Manny summarized progress on the AAMI Mini-Showcase, with sufficient participation to demonstrate sending and receiving systems.

Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):


5 WCM
-
Status/Discussion:
  • Members were asked to read the document in advance of the F2F.

Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):

6 Action Items
- Chairs
Status/Discussion:
  • 71: Curtis Dykes is a nurse with a degree in informatics. Peter Hendler will be coming later in the week. Christel suggested circulating the overview within the HIMSS nursing informatics community.
  • 72: There is a Wiki page with vendor press releases that refer to IHE PCD. Steve requested that people send him additional links. Erin …
  • 78: Manny to review the stakeholder survey. Change due date.
  • 86: Steve will address as part of the users handbook. Change date. Christel will share the CE-IT documents.
  • 92: Recruiting: Manny noted that two have joined as a result of the HIMSS10 effort. The AAMI meeting may present an opportunity for recruiting vendors as well as users.
  • 93: Certification: In ECRI Institute’s next pump evaluation they will note which manufacturers are implementing conforming products.
  • 97: RTLS: Close
  • 102: Close

Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):

7 Announcements
- All
Status/Discussion:
  • None

Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):

8 PCD Spring F2F Meeting
- Todd
Status/Discussion:
  • The agenda was discussed and can be found at PCD PC&TC 2010-05-03 to 07 F2F
  • Paul suggested moving the Pump breakout to Monday and scheduling evening agendas given the many topics to be discussed. Neither change was adopted.

Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):


Next Meeting

The next meeting will be a joint PC and TC meeting, on April 28, 2010 PCD PC&TC 2010-04-28 Webex

PCD Home