PCD PC&TC 2008-10-15 Webex
This joint meeting is primarily to prepare for Face to Face meetings the following week
Joint Meeting of the PCD Planning and Technical Committees
Topic: PCD Committee Tcons
Date: Wednesday, October 15, 2008
Time: 11 am, Eastern Time (New York )
Duration: 60 Minutes
- 1 Plan the F2F meeting PCD PC&TC 2008-10-21 to 23 F2F
- - Logistics
- - Agenda
- - DPI Follow-On Meeting
- 2 Connectathon and Showcase Update
- 3 PCD Co-Chair Nominations Update
- 4 IHE International
- - General Board Information
- - New member organizations: Baystate Health & Eclipsys (among others)
- - "New" Domain: Anatomical Pathology
- NOTE: Needs to clarify their scope re. coordination with LAB, PCD & Quality & Public Health
- - HL7 & IEEE MoU Updates
- 5 Update on Brief Profile Proposals:
- ACM Open Issues and Extensions
- PIV Open Issues and Extensions
- RTM Open Issues
- MEM Status
- DPI Profile Update
- Review ITI process for white papers - Todd
- WCM Profile Update "Waveform Communication Management"
- wiki pages review
- 6 Would transition to HL7 v2.6 create issues for companies? users?
- 7 NIST Test Tooling Update
- 8 PCD Transaction Registration Update
- 9 New Business
Minutes and Action Items from Previous Meetings
Minutes from previous meetings for review/approval are postponed until the next meeting of the individual committees.
Action Items from the previous meeting are postponed until the next meeting of the individual committees.
- Chair/Host: Ken Fuchs, Draeger and Todd Cooper, Breakthrough Solutions Foundary, Inc.
- Alex Beechie, Steve Borchers, Rita Brahmbhatt, Todd Cooper, Bikram Day, Al Engelbert, Robert Flanders, Ken Fuchs, John Garguilo, John Rhoads, Jeff Rinda, Paul Schluter, Khalid Zubaidi, Manny Furst
Item Topic Discussion 1 Introductions & Agenda Review
2 Approval of Minutes
3 Action Items Review
4 Face to Face
- Logistics reviewed. Agenda discussed.
- Showcase: need DOCs to implement SPD query. Add to F2F agenda.
5 Cochair Elections
- Nominations: John Garguilo, John Rhoads nominated for TC, need a user for the PC
6 IHE International
- Membership: Baystate and Eclipsys have joined.
- Pathology will be renamed Anatomical Pathology, their charter will address relationships with Lab, PCD
- IHE Board made changes in the HL7 MOU draft, sent it back to HL7. When finalized it will be used to update the IEEE MOU and sent to IEEE.
- Todd, Paul
- Brief Profile Proposals and Updates on Profiles:
- Paul asked for comments on his last email.
- ACM, DPI, PIV, RTM and others will be on the F2F agenda.
- White Papers: A specific process is not mandated, but it parallels the development of a profile, requires public comments.
- HL7 version 2.6 vs. 2.5: This won’t be an issue for GE. Others should comment. John indicated that there are two or three issues from 2.5. One is addressed in 2.6.
8 MWB and NIST Test Tooling
- John Garguilo
- Peter Rontey identified several issues with the latest version of PCD DEC. John will address these next week. Peter is willing to work with Rob Snellick (NIST). John will provide an update next week.
- IHIC08 Conference last week (International HL7 meeting). John presented a paper on NIST’s work.
Technical Committee will meet November 12: PCD TC 2008-11-12 Webex
There will be no meetings on October 22 or 29 because of conflicting meetings (F2F and HIMSS Showcase Workshop).
<Add review line here when minutes are approved; e.g., "(Reviewed & approved by PCD RTM Vent TG 2008-04-16)">