PCD PC 2013-09-11 Webex
Patient Care Device Domain
PC At the Regularly Scheduled Meeting Time
Topic: PCD Planning Committee
- Regularly Scheduled Meeting Time
Time: 11:00 am, Eastern Time (New York)
Duration: 60 Minutes
- 1. Agenda Approval
- 2. Review Discussion Summary: Planning Meeting August 14, PCD PC 2013-08-14 Webex
- 3. Standards Coordination
- - Adding PCD to the FDA's List of Standards
- 4. DCC -
- 5. Marketing PCD, IHE
- 6. Calendar http://wiki.ihe.net/index.php?title=PCD
- - Status of Adopted Workitem Proposals
- o http://wiki.ihe.net/index.php?title=PCD_Proposals_Cycle_8
- o New Profiles
- o CPs
- 7. F2F Agenda Items
- 8. PC Action Item Review (last reviewed August 14)
- 9. Other Business
- - MSH-5
- 10. Next and Recent Meetings
- - PC November 13; TC September 18
- - Joint PC&TC October 2, October 16
- - F2F the Week of October 7: Tuesday through Friday
Action Items from Previous Meetings
Significant changes, other than dates, will be in bold.
- Published and Draft Versions of the TF, Supplements, Other Documents:
- - The PCD ftp site has draft versions.
- - Published (and possibly in the process of being replaced with new versions):
- Not Yet Published:
- IHE Webinar Schedule 2013 - http://www.iheusa.org/events.aspx
- Request for Brief Proposals Cycle 9: Deadline Sept. 23
- Oct. F2F: PCD PC&TC 2013 Oct. 8-11 F2F
- Anne Burroughs, Al Engelbert, Ken Fuchs, John Garguilo, Jeff McGeath, Monroe Pattillo, Paul Schluter, Greg Staudenmaier, Manny Furst
- Chair: Monroe Patillo
Discussion Summaries do not require formal approval, while minutes of meetings where votes are taken do. Participants are encouraged to review and bring up significant issues with discussion summaries of previous meetings. Votes will be taken to approve meetings where votes took place; these may be email ballots.
Item Topic Discussion 1 Introductions & Agenda Review
- Agenda approved
2 Discussion Summary or Approval of Minutes
- - Accepted with typo corrections.
3 Agenda Items
- Standards Coordination
3. Standards Coordination
- - Alex is leading an effort toward PCD profile inclusion in Meaningful Use 3.
- - FDA acknowledging IHE as an SDO. Paul is doing background work for this effort. Monroe asked if there is a requirement for IHE’s processes to increase rigor.
- - PCA programming: Paul asked about the AAMI/UL effort, but no information was available. He suggested that the Pump WG coordinate with Tracy Rausch on programming.
- - Nothing to report.
- - We’re hopeful, but haven’t seen specifics.
- - Brief proposals are due, the ballot will open no later than Sept. 30.
- - Manny requested device to CMMS messages.
- - Monroe will request sample data from the LS vendors.
- - Device Specialization: not likely to be completed in this cycle in spite of work accomplished in the pump WG. They are addressing the complex issues of containment which varies with use case.
- - Event Communication is unlikely to be accomplished this cycle.
- - OMS will offer a WP.
- - ACM will have a CP following publication of the TF.
- - The Wiki page has information about the meeting.
- - MSH-5 will be discussed.
8. Action Items
- - 71. Recruit clinicians: Manny to request assistance from Joyce and indicate the desire for input on use cases.
- - 78. Stakeholder Survey: Change date to Oct. 2.
- - 133. Follow up to Alarm Summit: Merge into item 140.
- - 140. AAMI Alarm Safety Committee: Change date to Oct. 7 and contact to Rikin.
- - 141. Marketing PCD: Monitor Connectathon registration. Change date to Oct. 2.
- - 151. Certification: ACM will be added to this cycle.
9. Other Business
- - MSH-5: See F2F above.
10. Next and Recent Meetings - PC, TC and Joint meetings - Fall F2F Week of October 6 in Boca Raton
- - Today’s Rosetta will focus on ACM.
The next meetings are:
PC November 13, 2013 PCD PC 2013-11-13 Webex
TC September 18, 2013 PCD TC 2013-09-18 Webex
F2F the Week of October 7: Tuesday through Friday: PCD PC&TC 2013 Oct. 8-11 F2F
TC October 23 PCD TC 2013-10-23 Webex