PCD PC 2012-06-27 Webex
Patient Care Device Domain
PC At the Regularly Scheduled Meeting Time
Topic: PCD Joint Planning and Technical Committee
- Regularly Scheduled Meeting Time
Date: Wednesday, June 27, 2012
Time: 11:00 am, Eastern Time (New York)
Duration: 60 Minutes
- 1. Agenda Approval
- 2. Review Discussion Summary: Planning Committee June 27 PCD PC&TC 2012-06-13 Webex
- 3. Connectathon Update
- 4. Standards Coordination
- 5. Marketing PCD, IHE
- 6. Co-chair Elections
- 7. PC Action Item Review
- 8. Next and Recent Meetings
- - F2F location - Boca Raton
Action Items from Previous Meetings
Significant changes, other than dates, will be in bold.
PCD CPs are found at PCD_CP_grid
- Chair: Ken Fuchs
- Paul Elletson, Al Engelbert, Robert Flanders, Ken Fuchs, John Garguilo, Jonathan Lachman, Steve Merritt, Monroe Pattillo, John Rhoads, Jeff Rinda, Paul Schluter, Ioana Singureanu, Erin Sparnon, Greg Staudenmaier, Khalid Zubaidi, Manny Furst
Discussion Summaries do not require formal approval, while minutes of meetings where votes are taken do. Participants are encouraged to review and bring up significant issues with discussion summaries of previous meetings. Votes will be taken to approve meetings where votes took place; these may be email ballots.
Item Topic Discussion 1 Introductions & Agenda Review
- Agenda approved
2 Discussion Summary or Approval of Minutes
- - Accepted
3 Agenda Items
- Review of CPs
3. Connectathon Update:
- - Review of existing profile tests and identification of WCM requirements underway. Ken noted that receiving systems will be required to accept WCM even if they don’t make use of the data.
4. Standards Coordination:
- - MDICC met last week and reviewed work to date. Most of this is gathering information about existing standards work leading up to the October AAMI meeting. A portion of the meeting addressed the potential for organizing continuing work as a public-private partnership if it is to proceed to a goal.
- - IEEE 11073 and 802 (responsible for communications lower level) is addressing mobile health.
- - IEEE will formally approve including x73 terminology in the RTMMS.
- - RTMMS will include the annotated ECG standard’s terms. The aECG has been accepted by the FDA, DICOM.
- - IHE International will hold strategic face to face summit in July.
- - DCC accepted the PCD Board of Directors report and it will be forwarded to the BOD. It is on the IHE ftp site.
- - Public comment period has been shared with AAMI, ACCE for publicity.
6. Co-chair elections:
- - Monroe has accepted nomination for PC co-chair.
7. Action Item Review:
- - 71. Recruit clinicians: Erin will discuss the items with Christel’s name as a participant.
- - 137. Testing Commercially Available Systems: Ted Cohen expressed an interest. Erin suggested the PC send him a short description that includes information on donation of necessary test equipment. Ken suggested a conference call to discuss what may be possible. Erin will invite Ted and Ken will invite the PC. The objective may be to provide a test environment for commercially available products. Paul suggested a higher level of testing using really consistent time.
- - 140. AAMI Alarm Safety Committee: Erin will follow up at the upcoming meeting.
8. Next and Recent Meetings
- - TC July 11. PC July 18 and moving PC to once a month or every four weeks unless otherwise required.
4 Co-chair elections
- As Noted
The next meetings are:
TC July 11, 2012 PCD TC 2012-07-11 Webex
PC July 18, 2012 PCD PC 2012-07-18 Webex