PCD PC 2010-11-10 Webex
Patient Care Device Domain
PC Regularly Scheduled Meeting
Topic: PCD Planning and Technical Committees Joint Meeting
- Regularly Scheduled Meeting Time
Date: Wednesday, November 10, 2010
Time: 11:00 am, Eastern Time (New York)
Duration: 60 Minutes
- 1. Agenda Approval
- 2. Review Discussion Summaries: Planning Committee September 29 PCD PC 2010-09-29 Webex, Joint Planning and Technical Committee Meetings PCD PC&TC 2010-10-13 Webex, PCD PC&TC 2010-10-27 Webex, PCD F2F PCD PC&TC 2010-10-18 to 22 F2F and PCD_PC&TC_2010-10-06_Webex.
- 3. Roadmap Update
- 4. Brief Profile Proposals
- - Ballots: Work Item Prioritization
- 5. Profile Update
- TF update - Ballot Update
- 6. Action Items from the F2F
- 7. Action Item Review
- 8. Additional Business
- 9. Next Meeting - December 2
Action Items from Previous Meetings
Significant changes, other than dates, will be in bold.
- Chair: Ken Fuchs
- Jon Blasingame, Bikram Day, Al Engelbert, Ken Fuchs, John Garguilo, Sarah Hopkins, Steve Merritt, Monroe Pattillo, John Rhoads, Paul Schluter, Erin Sparnon, Greg Staudenmaier, Scott Zaffrin, Khalid Zubaidi, Manny Furst
Discussion Summaries do not require formal approval, while minutes of meetings where votes are taken do. Participants are encouraged to review and bring up significant issues with discussion summaries of previous meetings. Votes will be taken to approve meetings where votes took place; these may be email ballots.
Item Topic Discussion 1 Introductions & Agenda Review
- Agenda approved
2 Discussion Summary or Approval of Minutes
- Discussion Summary of previous meetings were accepted
3 Action Items
- Action Items from F2F; open items will be transferred to the PC's Action Item List
- 1. Roadmap: close; completed
- 2. Integration Statement: change date to after the Showcase.
- 3. Monroe described how RTLS can be delivered over ACM and Event Communications. Move to TC with ACM WG responsible.
- 4. Steve asked that PC members vote on the Cycle 6 work in the Doodle surveys.
- 5. Manny to send IP Policy to TC.
- 6. Glossary: IHE is attempting to develop a single glossary to help assure consistency across domains. Ken noted that PCD has a glossary in volume 1 of the TF.
- 7. Promoting PCD to ONC: For cochairs, Manny to follow up
- 8. PCD Schedule: Put on agenda for next PC.
- 9. Proposals uploaded to ftp site: Closed
- 10. Ballot TF final text: TC item
- 11. CONNECT. Keep on the PC list. John Garguilo indicated that Elliot has told him that several universities are working on health IT issues that relate to device interoperability. John has spoken with a representative of Florida International University where students are working on mapping HL 7 v.2 to CDA. He offered to help by providing PCD sample messages after anonymizing the messages. He asked if anyone has any concerns. Members expressed support. Monroe suggested that if the Spring F2F is in Boca Raton there may be a way to observe their work. John will keep PCD posted.
- 12. NIST Tutorial: Recording is available. Close.
- 13. NIST Extensions: Sandra will work with all profiles to define this. Extend deadline to Dec. 8.
- 17. PCD Vision: Deferred
- 18. Certification is already on the list.
- 19. Recruit Moberg: Retain
- 20. OIDs: Move to TC.
- 21. Recruit for Event Communication
- 23. Recruiting before HIMSS
- 24. RFP Matrix
- 25. Develop MU Wall at HIMSS11
- Paul asked about the status of Volume 3, with a need for more examples. John Rhoads responded that Todd is working on it.
The next meeting will be December 1 PCD PC 2010-12-01 Webex rather than November 24