PCD PC&TC 2012-05-30 Webex
Patient Care Device Domain
PC&TC At the Regularly Scheduled Meeting Time
Topic: PCD Joint Planning and Technical Committee
- Regularly Scheduled Meeting Time
Date: Wednesday, May 30, 2012
Time: 11:00 am, Eastern Time (New York)
Duration: 60 Minutes
- 1. Agenda Approval
- 2. Review Discussion Summary: Joint Planning and Technical Committee May 9 PCD PC&TC 2012-05-09 Webex, Joint Planning and Technical Committee May 23 PCD PC&TC 2012-05-23 Webex, and remainder of April F2F for TC portion of the meeting and Action Items PCD PC&TC 2012 April F2F
- 3. Pulse Oximetry Supplement: ftp:// and Device Specialization, Infusion Pumps Supplement ftp:
- 4. CPs: http://wiki.ihe.net/index.php?title=PCD_CP_grid
- 5. Cochair Elections
- 6. Action Item Review
- 7. Next and Recent Meetings
Action Items from Previous Meetings
Significant changes, other than dates, will be in bold.
PCD CPs are found at PCD_CP_grid
- Chair: John Rhoads
- Jon Blasingame, Todd Cooper, Al Engelbert, Robert Flanders, Ken Fuchs, John Garguilo, Roy Kerns, John Rhoads, Jeff Rinda, Paul Schluter, Ioana Singureanu, Erin Sparnon, Manny Furst
Discussion Summaries do not require formal approval, while minutes of meetings where votes are taken do. Participants are encouraged to review and bring up significant issues with discussion summaries of previous meetings. Votes will be taken to approve meetings where votes took place; these may be email ballots.
Item Topic Discussion 1 Introductions & Agenda Review
- Agenda approved
2 Discussion Summary or Approval of Minutes
- Discussion Summary of these previous meetings were accepted: May 9, May 23 approved with removal of R43 from Vancouver notes.
- Deferred: Completion of review of TC at F2F and the draft Action Items from that meeting.
3 Agenda Items
- As Noted
- - Pulse Oximetry Supplement: Ioana indicated that this builds upon PCD-01. She described use of the OBR for a period that will indicate that data for several measurements can be included in a single message. The WG will continue work on the supplement during the public comment period. Paul noted that there are several discrepancies and include whether the sample message would pass NIST evaluation. Because there is an array of values Paul suggested that the approach be coordinated with the array approach employed in WCM. He referred to ADQ where a numeric array could be employed also. Ken responded that it isn’t yet clear whether a group of OBXs can be used instead of the current approach of sending separate messages with PCD-01. Discussion continued about the ability to retrieve data as an array. Ken asked whether this is the time to address the approach used to send an array of data. John Rhoads will send Ioana the template and she’ll return it to John to forward to Mary Jungers.
- - Todd noted that section numbering in the new template is problematic, e.g., section 5 in volume 3. John Rhoads noted that there was a good deal of discussion in the document WG and that some supplements are published with discrepancies with the template. Todd noted that achieving conformity will be increasingly difficult as references to sections change and advocating as much consistency as possible across IHE documents. John Rhoads asked Todd to call Mary.
- o Todd provided the link to the template: ftp://ftp.ihe.net/Document_templates/Supplement_template
- - Device Specialization Supplement: Will be sent to Mary at the same time it is sent to the committee.
- - PCIM will be sent after the document is cleaned up.
- - The Wiki page has the corrected links to the CPs.
- - Some on the Wiki page do not yet have links to the documents, some documents have yet to be posted at the linked site, or the documents are not yet listed on the table.
- - If the FT TF does not contain all the updates from CPs – due to deadlines – then the CPs along with the then-current FT will be available for developers.
- - John Rhoads indicated that ballots should be held until the remaining CPs are available.
- - These terms are up: John Garguilo and Ken Fuchs – John is willing to serve again. Erin may be available for the PC.
6. Action Items: Deferred.
7. Next Meeting:
- - Next Meeting: Joint Meeting, hopefully to include some PC agenda items.
Action(s): Template is at ftp://ftp.ihe.net/Document_templates/Supplement_template
Minutes approved at Joint TC & PC Meeting 2012-06-06
The next meetings are:
Joint PC and TC June 6, 2012 PCD PC&TC 2012-06-06 Webex