PCD PC&TC 2012-05-23 Webex
Patient Care Device Domain
PC&TC At the Regularly Scheduled Meeting Time
Topic: PCD Joint Planning and Technical Committee
- Regularly Scheduled Meeting Time
Date: Wednesday, May 23, 2012
Time: 11:00 am, Eastern Time (New York)
Duration: 60 Minutes
- 1. Agenda Approval
- 2. Review Discussion Summary: Joint Planning and Technical Committee May 9 PCD PC&TC 2012-05-09 Webex, remainder of the TC portion of the F2F PCD PC&TC 2012 April F2F
- 3. ADQ Supplement: ftp://ftp.ihe.net/Patient_Care_Devices/Profiles/ADQ/IHE_Supplement_ADQ_V10%201_2012-05-21%20CB.doc and PCIM Supplement ftp://ftp.ihe.net/Patient_Care_Devices/Profiles/PCIM/PCIM_%20IHE_Supplement_V10.1_2012-05-22.doc
- 4. CPs: http://wiki.ihe.net/index.php?title=PCD_CP_grid
- 5. Cochair Elections
- 9. Action Item Review
- 10. Next and Recent Meetings
- 11. Additional Business
Action Items from Previous Meetings
Significant changes, other than dates, will be in bold.
PCD CPs are found at PCD_CP_grid
- Chair: John Rhoads
- Terry Bettis, Todd Cooper, Paul Elletson, Al Engelbert, Ken Fuchs, John Garguilo, Sandra Martinez, Jeff McGeath, Rob Rawlins (Covidien), John Rhoads, Paul Schluter, Erin Sparnon, Khalid Zubaidi, Manny Furst
Discussion Summaries do not require formal approval, while minutes of meetings where votes are taken do. Participants are encouraged to review and bring up significant issues with discussion summaries of previous meetings. Votes will be taken to approve meetings where votes took place; these may be email ballots.
Item Topic Discussion 1 Introductions & Agenda Review
- Agenda approved
2 Discussion Summary or Approval of Minutes
- Discussion Summary of previous meetings were deferred.
3 Agenda Items
- As Noted
The meeting focused on approval for the release of profiles for public comment and of CPs:
- - Two profiles (ADQ, PCIM) were discussed and there was a request for return of the ballots. It was noted that while the other two profiles (Pulse Oximetry and Device Specialization - Infusion Pumps) are not yet available for review, members can return a ballot approving their release for public comment when they are available next week.
- o The ballot for these profiles was sent Tuesday and members were encouraged to return it today so that the first two profiles can be delivered to IHE (Mary Jungers) today. Manny reported that there were nearly enough votes cast before the end of the meeting to assure passage for all four and requested that additional ballots be sent today.
- - John Rhoads referred to 7 new CPs, noting there will be others added. These are available through the link provided above.
- o These will be discussed next Wednesday.
- - Members were asked to respond to the ballots as soon as possible. Manny will distribute a ballot. The deadline for the ballot is June 1.
- - Ken discussed the CP for WCM TI version. The CP document is a high level summary, referring to detail in the documents. WCM will be in Volume 3, effectively an option on the other profiles (ACM, DEC) – i.e., the AR, AM and DORs can send waveform data if desired, the receiving systems must not choke on the message.
- o This CP will be one of those provided in the ballot.
- o The receiver (DOC, ACM for example) must not choke on a WCM message if it doesn't implement WCM.
- o There is a question about how to identify WCM implementations for testing, reporting, marketing. Manny will send an email to Steve Moore.
- - Members are asked to respond today to the ballot to release the four profiles for public comment.
- - Members will be asked to respond to the CP ballot no later than June 1.
- Todd Cooper
Todd indicated that two new triggers were approved at the Vancouver meeting: R43 for PCIM.
The next meetings are:
Joint PC and TC May 30, 2012 PCD PC&TC 2012-05-30 Webex
PC June 6, 2012 PCD PC 2012-06-06 Webex
TC June 13, 2012 PCD TC 2012-06-13 Webex