PCD PC&TC 2010-01-06 Webex

From IHE Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Patient Care Device Domain

Meeting Purpose

Joint PC, TC Meeting in Place of Regularly Scheduled Committee Meeting


WebEx Information

Topic: PCD Joint Meeting

Preparation for Connectathon next week
Discussion of Detailed Profile Proposals
Recruiting Vendors to Develop Supplements

Date: Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Time: 11:00 am, Eastern Time (New York)

Duration: 60 Minutes

Proposed Agenda

Please add your suggestions

  1. Agenda Approval
  2. Review Discussion Summaries: December 9 TC PCD TC 2009-12-09 Webex and December 16 PC Meeting PCD PC 2009-12-16 Webex
  3. Kudos: Steve Merritt for Users Guide!!!
  4. Wiki Updates
  5. Preparation for Connectathon next week
  6. HL7 / IEEE 11073 / ... Meeting in Phoenix (1/18 - 1/22)
  7. Inputs to HL7 V2, V3, CDA strategy work
  8. FDA Workshop on Device Connectivity (1/25 - 1/27)
    1. Is anyone planning to attend?
    2. Is anyone planning to present? We are trying to coordinate IHE related presentations.
  9. UDI: GHTF Document for Review (http://www.ghtf.org/ahwg/ahwg-proposed.html)
  10. Discussion of Detailed Profile Proposals and Recruiting Vendors to Develop Supplements
  11. Profile editor training 2010.01.28
  12. Updates to IHE PCD Profiles wiki pages Profiles by Rinda, Schluter, Pattillo, Steblay/Schultz
  13. Showcase Preparation
    1. Wall 4 discussions (meeting today)
    2. PCD Docent Recruiting for Showcase
  14. Meaningful Use and HIMSS Webinar today
  15. HITSP Update: TN905 and Coordination on Continua-PCD "WAN" Scheduling
  16. ITI Consistent Time CP - Response to ITI Needed
  17. Action Item Review
  18. Additional Business
  19. Next Meetings

Action Items from Previous Meetings

See PCD Planning Committee Action Items and PCD Technical Committee Action Items pages.

Significant changes, other than dates, will be in bold.

Participants

Chair: Ken Fuchs (Draeger)
Terry Bettis, Jon Blasingame, Maria Cherkaoui, Todd Cooper, Bikram Day, Al Engelbert, Robert Flanders, Ken Fuchs, Colin FX Gartska, John Garguilo, Rich Hillman, Steve Merritt, Monroe Pattillo, John Rhoads, Maureen Richard, Jeff Rinda, Paul Schluter,

Erin Sparnon, Serafina Versaggi, Scott Zaffrin, Khalid Zubaidi, Manny Furst

Discussion

Discussion Summaries do not require formal approval, while minutes of meetings where votes are taken do. Participants are encouraged to review and bring up significant issues with discussion summaries of previous meetings. Votes will be taken to approve meetings where votes took place; these may be email ballots.

Item Topic Discussion
1 Introductions & Agenda Review
- Chair
Status/Discussion:

Decisions/Issues:

  • Agenda approved

Action(s):

2 Issues with Discussion Summary or Approval of Minutes
- Chair
Status/Discussion:
  • Discussion Summary of previous meeting yielded no changes

Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):

3 Agenda Items
- Chair
Status/Discussion:

4: A Wiki page has been developed with a comprehensive listing of IHE profiles. The PCD section has links to the various profiles. Ken noted that a system of colored dots will be used to indicate the profile status (see Lab for example). WG leaders

5: John Garguilo described a possible use of NIST tools during the Connectathon. Vendors are asked to copy and paste the ER7 message to the chat window in Kudu.

6: IEEE/TC 215 meeting will take place the week after the Connectathon in Phoenix. Jan, Paul, Todd, Ken, John Garguilo, Sandra, Ioana, Serafina, Gary are planning to attend.

7: HL7: v2, v3, CDA are available, but there is a lack of strategy to recommend which to use and when. This lack of direction presents numerous issues, and an HL7 task force has issued a report. The draft is available from Todd, who encouraged review and feedback.

8: FDA/Continua/CIMIT workshop on device connectivity. Ken described the CIMIT consortium whose members are Boston area hospitals, MIT, MD PnP. Ken, Todd, Paul, John Rhoads are planning to attend and present. Ken asked if any others are planning to attend or presenting. Barb, John Garguilo, and others from NIST are planning to attend. Proposals are due the 11th. Paul suggested that John Garguilo present on the NIST testing of RTM while Paul talked about RTM.

9: UDI GHTF document is available for review.

10, 11, 12: Ken indicated that the detailed profile proposals will be addressed now that the Connectathon is upon us. A Webex is scheduled for authors.

13: Showcase script preparation will take place during the Connectathon. A meeting is scheduled for Wednesday evening. A Wall 4 discussion is scheduled for 1 pm EST today. Todd noted that the ONC release requires rethinking content.

14: HIMSS has a presentation later today.

15: TN 905 will be finalized Friday. PCD/Continua WAN document has received approximately 60 comments, none that require rethinking the document. Comments should be reviewed in time to present needed changes to HL7 at the Phoenix meeting.

16: CP to CT – Todd submitted this in 2007 and ITI has requested review of their response. SMTP was prohibited for high resolution applications. PCD has requested changes, either to make it optional, with a note regarding limitations, or to propose a new profile for Accurate Time. Todd will continue to lead the effort. Paul suggested that the requirement is simple: the roundtrip time must be acceptable and support NTP.


Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):

4 Detailed Profile Proposals
- Chair
Status/Discussion:
  • Device Integration Profiles Guidance
  • Device Integration – General Content Profile
  • Device to Patient Association
  • Event Communication - Content Profile

Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):

5 Action Items
- Chairs
Status/Discussion:
  • Deferred

Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):

6 Announcements
- All
Status/Discussion:

Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):

7 PCD Spring F2F Meeting
- Todd
Status/Discussion:

Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):


Next Meeting

The next meeting will be a Joint PC, TC meeting on January 20, 2010 PCD PC&TC 2010-01-20 Webex


PCD Home