PCD TC 2009-12-09 Webex

From IHE Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Patient Care Device Domain

Meeting Purpose

Regularly Scheduled Technical Committee Meeting


WebEx Information

Topic: PCD Weekly Tcons

Date: Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Time: 11:00 am, Eastern Time (New York)

Duration: 60 Minutes

Proposed Agenda

Please add your suggestions to this older agenda

  1. Agenda Approval
  2. Review Discussion Summary: November 18 TC Meeting PCD TC 2009-11-18 Webex
  3. HITSP Update
- Technical Note Authored by Todd, John Rhoads
- Coordination on Continua-PCD "WAN" Scheduling
4. Action Item Review
5. Additional Business
6. Next Meeting

Action Items from Previous Meetings

See PCD Technical Committee Action Items page.

Significant changes, other than dates, will be in bold.

Participants

Chair: Todd Cooper (Breakthrough Solutions)
Alex Beechie, Anupriyo Chakravarti, Todd Cooper, Al Engelbert, Robert Flanders, Ken Fuchs, John Garguilo, Gary Meyer, Monroe Pattillo, Maureen Richard, Paul Schluter, Erin Sparnon, Bob Steurer, Serafina Versaggi, Scott Zaffrin, Khalid Zubaidi, Manny Furst

Discussion

Discussion Summaries do not require formal approval, while minutes of meetings where votes are taken do. Participants are encouraged to review and bring up significant issues with discussion summaries of previous meetings. Votes will be taken to approve meetings where votes took place; these may be email ballots.

Item Topic Discussion
1 Introductions & Agenda Review
- Chair
Status/Discussion:

Decisions/Issues:

  • Agenda approved; Todd indicated additional items will be discussed.

Action(s):

2 Issues with Discussion Summary or Approval of Minutes
- Chair
Status/Discussion:
  • Discussion Summary of previous meeting yielded no changes

Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):

3 PCD Profiles and White Paper Development
- Chair
Status/Discussion:
  • The ballot on release of the Users Handbook for public comment has likely passed; we await Celina's validation.

Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):

4 Action Items
- Chairs
Status/Discussion:
  • 60: Update TF - Change the date to 12/18.
  • 66: Prepare profiles for registration - Change date to Feb. 1. Profiles will be maintained on ftp site. NIST can maintain these under the profile directories. Gary volunteered to develop and maintain MWB profiles for three profiles, including tables (data type and others) are available for future use. John Garguilo noted Bikram’s observation about OBR field lengths. He recommended discussion and decision, perhaps using RE for those not used. Paul noted that there will be CPs coming out of coordination with Continua.
  • 77: Ask HL7 to address gaps in v3 that affect PCD's ability to develop extensions to PIV - Change date to Feb. 29.
  • 79: Change Proposals - John Garguilo noted Bikram’s observation about OBR field lengths. He recommended discussion and decision, perhaps using RE for those not used. Paul noted that there will be CPs coming out of coordination with Continua. Volunteers were requested for the other profiles (ACM PCD-04 through 08). Monroe indicated that only PCD-04 would be stable now. Gary will pick up PCD-04 as well. Manny will talk with Nick regarding IDCO.
  • 80: Monitor HITSP’s Work (also on PC list) - (1) Todd reminded participants to review the HITSP TN. The deadline for comments is Dec. 18. The final version is due Dec. 25. (2) Todd noted that the TN has a lot of synergy with the PCD roadmap. It will be sent to the ONC to inform their decision making. He noted that the ONC will be reorganized (Fed. Register notice Dec. 1, pages 62785-6). It is unclear what will happen to continue HITSP’s work. No active work will be done until the RFP is issued and continuation is defined. (3) Todd described the changes in ONC described in the Federal Register and identified potential parts that would address PCD’s type of work. The primary area would likely be the office of the Deputy National Coordinator for Operations. The URL at the start for the ONC announcement page: http://edocket.access.gpo.gov/2009/E9-28755.htm
  • 82: OID for PCD - Robert reported no news; change to Feb. 4. Todd referred to http://wiki.ihe.net/index.php?title=PCD_TC_Message_Profile_Registration Note This is the page that should include all references to registered PCD transaction profiles. http://wiki.ihe.net/index.php?title=PCD_Technical_Framework Todd suggested that on the above wiki page, we might include a table such as the one here. It would only have the registered profile OID + link to file on the FTP site + owner w/ contact info (e.g., mailto: )
  • 83: MOUs - Change date to Feb. 4. Julian plans to have a conference Jan. 25-27; the date is tentative. Ken will contact Sandy Weininger.
  • 84: Patient Identity and PCD Messages - Close; folded into detailed profile proposal.
  • 86: Tools for RTM - Close; NIST will add stable profiles to their registry. Combine with #66.
  • 87: IDCO - What should title read? Is this solely about device or programmer identification? Manny to ask Nick if this is still an issue and what the title should be.
  • 88: Cycle 4 Supplements - Close.
  • 89: “public comment” period - Change to John Rhoads, Ioana. Change date to Jan. 4.
  • 90: Brief Profile Proposals - Close
  • 91: Making the LOA optional - Close; in the hands of the Board.
  • 92: Grouped Actors - Pending discussion at DCC. Change date to end of Jan.
  • 93: Managing Document Versions -
  • 94: TF Gaps to Fill - Manny to ask Ruth.
  • 95: ADT Binding for Pumps - Close; will be in detailed profile proposal.
  • 96: Add ITI-31 (PAM PCD) to the TF - Robert working on CP; change date to end of Jan.

Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):

5 Announcements
- All
Status/Discussion:
  • Manny reviewed Steve Moore’s emails regarding Connectathon table location and the need to assign IP addresses. Connectathon participants were encouraged to respond immediately to Steve Moore.
  • Todd reminded participants to review the HITSP TN. The deadline for comments is Dec. 18. The final version is due Dec. 25.
  • Todd noted that the TN has a lot of synergy with the PCD roadmap. It will be sent to the ONC to inform their decision making. He noted that the ONC will be reorganized (Fed. Register notice Dec. 1, pages 62785-6). It is unclear what will happen to continue HITSP’s work. No active work will be done until the RFP is issued and continuation is defined.
  • Todd described the changes in ONC described in the Federal Register and identified potential parts that would address PCD’s type of work. The primary area would likely be the office of the Deputy National Coordinator for Operations. the URL at the start for the ONC announcement page: http://edocket.access.gpo.gov/2009/E9-28755.htm
  • Detailed Profile Proposals: No updates offered.

Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):

7 PCD F2F Meeting
- Todd
Status/Discussion:

Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):


Next Meeting

The next meeting will be a Joint PC & TC Meeting, January 6, 2010 PCD PC&TC 2010-01-06 Webex, followed by another joint meeting PCD PC&TC 2010-01-20 Webex

PCD Home