PCD Cochairs 2010-12-07 Webex

From IHE Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Patient Care Device Cochairs Weekly Meeting

Date: Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Time: 3:00 pm, Eastern Time

Duration: 60 Minutes

Proposed Agenda

1. Review & Approve Agenda
2. Review Previous Meeting Summary previous Discussion Summary from 2010.11.30.
3. Profile and WP Updates
- Cybersecurity Whitepaper
- RFP Language Project
- Cycle 6 work items
4. Technical Framework Update
5. Standards Coordination
6. IHE International
- Patent Process follow-up
7. Webex Changes
8. Connectathon and Showcase
9. Action Items from F2F: how to address
- Items for cochairs, TC, PC, WGs
10. Additional Business
11. Action Items
12. Next Meeting

Attachments / Materials

See PCD Cochair Action Items page.

Significant changes, other than dates, will be in bold.

Meeting Summary


Cochairs: John Garguilo, Steve Merritt, John Rhoads
Guest: Paul Schluter
Chair: John Rhoads
Technical Project Manager: Manny Furst


Item Topic Discussion
1 Introductions & Agenda Review
- Chair




2 Review Meeting Summaries
- Chair
Approved with edit of Action Item 98: Continua utilizes CDA and made that known to ONC.



3 Agenda Items
- Chair
  • 3. Profile and WP Updates:
- Security WP is ready for public comment. Manny to ballot the PC for release for public comment. Since this is not a technical document it will be provided to the PC. It will then be sent to Chris Carr for public comment. John Rhoads noted that IHE guidance is vague on requirements. John Garguilo noted that NIST has security documentation and expertise and these are generally devoted to the technical aspects of providing security (e.g., encryption techniques).
- RFP Language Project will soon be ready for ballot in the PC. It will not be released for public comment but will be made available. It will include a link to a Wiki page for comments from readers.
- Cycle 6 Work Items will be discussed in the TC meeting tomorrow. Discussion will include decisions whether the Brief Profile Proposals are sufficiently detailed for TC decision or if Detailed Profile Proposals are required. John Rhoads indicated that a consensus in the TC regarding feasibility is all that is required. The PC will then ballot which ones will be developed.
  • 4. TF Update:
- John Rhoads developed a Wiki page describing the CPs required for the second ballot on the FT TF volume 2. Paul asked about CPs that relate to PCD/Continua requirements. John Rhoads indicated that they will be considered.
- Discussion of implied precision included Paul’s comment that HL7 v3 has specific ability to specify precision. Paul will explore providing this information as a facet in order to address parsers that convert data to floating point or otherwise lose trailing zeros.
  • 5. Standards Coordination: Nothing new.
  • 6. IHE International: Nothing new.
  • 7. Webex Changes: Coming in the next few weeks.
  • 8. Connectathon and Showcase: Oz Systems requests new parameters. Paul will address their requirements, asking that submitters use the template to submit the requests. Manny to add to the TC meeting agenda. Paul suggested the RTM table would include the OBX-3 values for LOINC for this and ASN1 for Continua. MDC, LOINC requirements, the need to prepare for Connectathon testing was discussed. Manny will follow up on John Garguilo’s email to Nitin with a request that he, Khalil and Colin join the TC meeting.
  • 9 - 11. Deferred.



  • Manny to add RTM Oz Systems' requirements to the TC meeting agenda.
4 Action Items
- All
All other items deferred.



Next Meeting

The next meeting will be December 14, 2010 PCD Cochairs 2010-12-14 Webex

<For Decision Meetings, add review line here when minutes are approved; e.g., "(Reviewed & approved by PCD RTM Vent TG 2008-04-16)">

PCD Home