PCD Cochairs 2010-11-30 Webex

From IHE Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Patient Care Device Cochairs Weekly Meeting

Date: Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Time: 3:00 pm, Eastern Time

Duration: 60 Minutes

Proposed Agenda

placeholder

1. Review & Approve Agenda
2. Review Previous Meeting Summary previous Discussion Summary from 2010.11.23.
3. Profile and WP Updates
- Status: MEM public comment resolution; User Handbook Public Comment Period and potential for publicizing IHE, PCD
4. Technical Framework Update
5. Standards Coordination
6. IHE International
- Patent Process follow-up
7. Recruiting
- EHR/EMR, ADT, WCM, other
- Help GG
8. Technical Framework Template Discussions in DCC
9. Webex Changes
10. Connectathon and Showcase
- Showcase Vendor Display Policy (Action Item 55)
11. Action Items from F2F: how to address
- Items for cochairs, TC, PC, WGs
12. Additional Business
13. Action Items
14. Next Meeting

Attachments / Materials

See PCD Cochair Action Items page.

Significant changes, other than dates, will be in bold.

Meeting Summary

Participants

Cochairs: Ken Fuchs, John Garguilo, Steve Merritt, John Rhoads
Guest: Paul Schluter
Chair: Ken
Technical Project Manager: Manny Furst

Discussion

Item Topic Discussion
1 Introductions & Agenda Review
- Chair
Status/Discussion:

Decisions/Issues:

Accepted

Action(s):

2 Review Meeting Summaries
- Chair
Status/Discussion:
Notes lost with failure of harddrive

Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):

3 Agenda Items
- Chair
Status/Discussion:

4. TF TI:

  • Ken posted the revised FT of volume 1 of the TF and associated CP for ballot. John will prepare volume 2 and these will be balloted simultaneously. John posted a Wiki page with the remaining issues and will address the process tomorrow in the PCD PC meeting.
Paul discussed an issue raised in Continua. The number of digits after the decimal point imply the precision of the data. There is a question of requiring this or another mechanism to assure that the decision is communicated. Paul is researching HL7 v.3 to learn how it addressed there.
John will include this in the CP and FT of volume 2.
Paul suggested that the next iteration of the FT include more examples. John responded that these should be in Volume 3.

5. Standards:

  • No change.

6. IHE International:

  • Manny to ask Todd to join the meeting occasionally to provide an update on this and other relevant items.
Ken noted there will be a transition to IHE USA.
  • Patent Process: Nothing new.

7. Recruiting:

  • We received an indication of interest from someone connected with DOD regarding location.

8. DCC:

  • Working on Author’s Manual, templates and instructions.

9. Webex Changes:

  • No new information.

10. Connectathon and Showcase:

  • Proceeding.

Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):

4 Action Items
- All
Status/Discussion:
. CIMIT MOU: close
55. Showcase Vendor Display Policy: A policy would not address the variety of situations that may arise. PCD should have a sentence that the Cochairs will resolve issues that arise.
82. Nothing new.
83. Nothing new.
88. Close. Paul suggested there remains a need to determine how the WCM transaction is initiated, will it be embedded. Ken will address this.
90. Close.
91. High Level Architecture: Nothing new. Change date to Open.
92. TF Revisions: Remove Volume 4.
93. V&V and IHE: It is addressed in the TF volume 1. Close.
94. Managing Public Comments: Add John Rhoads as the owner.
95. Clarification of HL7 Copyright Issues: Close.
- New Item: Manny suggested that the Showcase include a segment devoted to standards used (HL7, IEEE, RTM, Continua) and one devoted to explaining why standards-based solutions to interoperability are advantageous. Paul and John Garguilo will take leadership.
96. Close.
97. Close.
98. Promoting PCD to ONC: Manny to follow up. Someone at NIST told John Garguilo that Continua is addressing CDA communications.
99. International Connectathon: Manny to follow up.
100. PCD/FDA Communications: Sandy Weininger has participated in the ICE-PAC meetings.
All other items deferred.

Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):

5 Announcements
- All
Status/Discussion:
  • Latest version WCM out for ballot.
  • Manny suggested that the Showcase include a segment devoted to standards used (HL7, IEEE, RTM, Continua) and one devoted to explaining why standards-based solutions to interoperability are advantageous. Paul and John Garguilo will take leadership.

Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):


Next Meeting

The next meeting will be December 7, 2010 PCD Cochairs 2010-12-07 Webex

<For Decision Meetings, add review line here when minutes are approved; e.g., "(Reviewed & approved by PCD RTM Vent TG 2008-04-16)">


PCD Home