PCD Cochairs 2010-11-30 Webex
Patient Care Device Cochairs Weekly Meeting
Date: Tuesday, November 30, 2010
Time: 3:00 pm, Eastern Time
Duration: 60 Minutes
- 1. Review & Approve Agenda
- 2. Review Previous Meeting Summary previous Discussion Summary from 2010.11.23.
- 3. Profile and WP Updates
- - Status: MEM public comment resolution; User Handbook Public Comment Period and potential for publicizing IHE, PCD
- 4. Technical Framework Update
- Please check proposed changes to V2: PCD_Technical_Framework_Volume_2_Issue_List
- 5. Standards Coordination
- 6. IHE International
- - Patent Process follow-up
- 7. Recruiting
- - EHR/EMR, ADT, WCM, other
- - Help GG
- 8. Technical Framework Template Discussions in DCC
- 9. Webex Changes
- 10. Connectathon and Showcase
- - Showcase Vendor Display Policy (Action Item 55)
- 11. Action Items from F2F: how to address
- - Items for cochairs, TC, PC, WGs
- 12. Additional Business
- 13. Action Items
- 14. Next Meeting
Attachments / Materials
See PCD Cochair Action Items page.
Significant changes, other than dates, will be in bold.
- Cochairs: Ken Fuchs, John Garguilo, Steve Merritt, John Rhoads
- Guest: Paul Schluter
- Chair: Ken
- Technical Project Manager: Manny Furst
Item Topic Discussion 1 Introductions & Agenda Review
2 Review Meeting Summaries
- Notes lost with failure of harddrive
3 Agenda Items
4. TF TI:
- Ken posted the revised FT of volume 1 of the TF and associated CP for ballot. John will prepare volume 2 and these will be balloted simultaneously. John posted a Wiki page with the remaining issues and will address the process tomorrow in the PCD PC meeting.
- Paul discussed an issue raised in Continua. The number of digits after the decimal point imply the precision of the data. There is a question of requiring this or another mechanism to assure that the decision is communicated. Paul is researching HL7 v.3 to learn how it addressed there.
- John will include this in the CP and FT of volume 2.
- Paul suggested that the next iteration of the FT include more examples. John responded that these should be in Volume 3.
- No change.
6. IHE International:
- Manny to ask Todd to join the meeting occasionally to provide an update on this and other relevant items.
- Ken noted there will be a transition to IHE USA.
- Patent Process: Nothing new.
- We received an indication of interest from someone connected with DOD regarding location.
- Working on Author’s Manual, templates and instructions.
9. Webex Changes:
- No new information.
10. Connectathon and Showcase:
4 Action Items
- . CIMIT MOU: close
- 55. Showcase Vendor Display Policy: A policy would not address the variety of situations that may arise. PCD should have a sentence that the Cochairs will resolve issues that arise.
- 82. Nothing new.
- 83. Nothing new.
- 88. Close. Paul suggested there remains a need to determine how the WCM transaction is initiated, will it be embedded. Ken will address this.
- 90. Close.
- 91. High Level Architecture: Nothing new. Change date to Open.
- 92. TF Revisions: Remove Volume 4.
- 93. V&V and IHE: It is addressed in the TF volume 1. Close.
- 94. Managing Public Comments: Add John Rhoads as the owner.
- 95. Clarification of HL7 Copyright Issues: Close.
- - New Item: Manny suggested that the Showcase include a segment devoted to standards used (HL7, IEEE, RTM, Continua) and one devoted to explaining why standards-based solutions to interoperability are advantageous. Paul and John Garguilo will take leadership.
- 96. Close.
- 97. Close.
- 98. Promoting PCD to ONC: Manny to follow up. Someone at NIST told John Garguilo that Continua is addressing CDA communications.
- 99. International Connectathon: Manny to follow up.
- 100. PCD/FDA Communications: Sandy Weininger has participated in the ICE-PAC meetings.
- All other items deferred.
- Latest version WCM out for ballot.
- Manny suggested that the Showcase include a segment devoted to standards used (HL7, IEEE, RTM, Continua) and one devoted to explaining why standards-based solutions to interoperability are advantageous. Paul and John Garguilo will take leadership.
The next meeting will be December 7, 2010 PCD Cochairs 2010-12-07 Webex
<For Decision Meetings, add review line here when minutes are approved; e.g., "(Reviewed & approved by PCD RTM Vent TG 2008-04-16)">