IHE Domain Coordination Committee Teleconference Minutes 2012-09-11
- Juergen Brandstaetter
- Chris Carr
- Tom Dolan
- LaShawn Edwards
- Mary Jungers
- Flora Lum
- Joan McMillen
- Kevin O'Donnell
- Jessica Palmer
- Sondra Renly
- Antje Schroeder
- Karen Witting
Absent domains: Anatomic Pathology, Dental, Endoscopy, Patient Care Coordination, Patient Care Device, QRPH, Radiation Oncology
General Committee Business
1. Roll Call
- Quorum attained. See Roster.
2. Approval of Minutes
- Reviewed action items
- Minutes document needs to be cleaned up and completed. Will review on 9/25 tcon.
3. New Business: from Future Agenda Topics Page
- Will review profile tracking issue for next time.
4. Review Action Items List
- Reviewed list
- Secretary will update completed items for 9/25 call
- ITI Call for Proposals Open 7/26-10/5
- Cardiology - Calling for Workitem Proposals
- Deadline: 2012-09-18
- Final Selection: 2012-11-28
- Radiology - Calling for Workitem Proposals
- Deadline: 2012-10-05
- Final Selection: 2012-11-15
2. Domain Board Reports (10 min - Karen Witting)
- REMINDER - please send reports to the DCC list!
- Endoscopy - 6 months late.
- Reviewed draft report and made minor revisions. Domain remains in provisional status and has accepted training plan proposed by Board. Proposal to present to the Board for review on 9/13 or 10/11 tcon, pending availability of Endoscopy domain leadership.
- Anatomic Pathology - 4 months late.
- Patient Care Coordination - due 8/8 : 1 month late.
- Quality, Research and Public Health - due 9/6
- IT Infrastructure - due 10/10
- Endoscopy - 6 months late.
- Board Report Review:
- Motion to approve Endoscopy report for presentation to Board. Carried unanimously.
3. Domain Webinar Update
- Domain Webinar Schedule
- Reviewed schedule, which is up to date and comprehensive for all domains.
Domain Coordination Issues
- Cross-Domain Strategic Planning Work Group (update - Chris Carr)
- Reviewed Strategic plan implementation next steps document.
- Three work items assigned to Domain Coordination Committee are already items that it is engaged in:
- Goal 1: Collect and analyze internal metrics to identify trends and improve results
- Goal 2: IHE will have a unified strategic view and consistent implementation of standards and quality across domains in addressing users’ real needs.
- 2.2 IHE will support and encourage cross domain sharing of best practices and new profile development.
- Members of DCC likely to be invited to join other subgroups to be formed to put strategic plan into action
- Survey of SNOMED CT usage across domains (update - Juergen Brandstaetter)
- Juergen will review the issue and update on status for 9/25 call
- Update to authoring process on assigning Designated Reviewers to strengthen committee participation
- Kevin O'Donnell reviewed document he created to supplement Public Comment Process page
Documentation, Websites and Public Information
- Documentation Work Group (10 min - Chris Carr/Mary Jungers)
- Document status and timeline for Public Comment
- Documents will be published for public comment within a week. DCC members should comment and invite comments from their committee members.
- Named destinations in Technical Framework documents
- New supplement and Technical Framework documents are being published with bookmarks embedded in section titles, figures and tables that allow directly linking to these elements.
- Mary Jungers has created a folder on the ftp site, inside the DocumentPublication/CurrentPublished folder where she has placed the text files that provide the links to be used. Based on comments from the committee she will move these files to be included along with the TF documents and supplement in the CurrentPublished folder. Text files will have same filenames as the documents they support.
- Mary also created an instruction section on using named destinations in the Technical Framework Publication Process page
- Technical Framework Publication Planning and Schedule - 2012 cycle (10 min Mary Jungers)
- Nearing completion of all supplements for current cycle. Still some white papers remaining to be published.
- Update of Profile status on ihe.net and Wiki pages
- ihe.net Profiles page links to wiki page for details: http://wiki.ihe.net/index.php?title=Profiles
- Review TF document inventory to see where there are gaps in publication of brief descriptions
- Action Item: Mary Jungers will update inventory spreadsheet to highlight final text documents that currently do not have brief profile description pages
- Ensuring that editors are using the most recent draft of a document for creating subsequent drafts
- Mary Jungers distributed information on August 7 about where to find most recent working drafts
- Will review this information at start of new publication cycle
Next steps and New Actions Items
- Next Call scheduled for September 25, 2012, 9am-10:30am CT