IHE Domain Coordination Committee Teleconference Minutes 2012-01-31

From IHE Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Attendees

  • Sidrah Abdul- RO
  • Juergen Brandstaetter - Pharmacy
  • Chris Carr - RSNA
  • Didi Davis - QRPH-Plan
  • Tom Dolan - Cardiology
  • La Shawn Edwards - RSNA
  • Rob Horn - ITI Tech
  • Mary Jungers - Document Specialist
  • Flora Lum - Eye Care
  • Joan McMillen - RSNA
  • Kevin O'Donnell - Radiology
  • John Rhoads - PCD
  • Teri Sippel-Schmidt - Process Specialist
  • Antje Schroeder - Cardiology
  • Karen Witting - ITI

Minutes

General Committee Business

1. Roll Call see Roster

  • Top Truancy : PCC & Pathology (tie) - absent last 5 meetings

2. Approval of December 20, 2011 Minutes

  • Approved with one abstention.
  • Approved with one abstention.
  • Approved with two abstentions.

3. New Business: from Future Agenda Topics Page

4. Review Action Items List

Domain Announcements

1. Domain Milestone Dates

  • reminder - follow the Domain Announcements link for simple templates for announcements
    • QRPH/ITI/PCC Tech Comm meeting next week in Paris

2. Domain Board Reports (10 min - Karen Witting)

  • Status
    • New Provisional board report template forthcoming from Kevin O'Donnell
  • Provisional template to review on the Feb. 14 agenda
    • Action: Kevin O'Donnell will provide to DCC/Karen Witting
    • Action: Chris Carr will send to Dental and Endoscopy for trial use
    • Action: Would like to have new draft for Feb. 14 meeting; drafts due by Feb. 12
    • Dental Report Board_Report_IHE_Dental Domain-2011_01_03.doc
  • Defer Dental review until March Board meeting
  • Endoscopy Board Report Comments
    • Use template (start-up or original to prepare report)
    • Co-chairs need to attend DCC
    • Secretary needs to be the name of an individual and the organization he/she represents
    • Need same information for Board Rep
    • Mission needs to be broader than current focus on a single profile
    • Adapt timeline to existing models
    • Sequence of events needs to follow the prescribed pattern
    • Publication is centralized and goes through IHE International

Domain Coordination Issues

  • Important Item: Walk through draft Strategic Plan presentation to Board
  • Defer to Feb. 14
  • Action Item: Chris Carr to notify Mike Nusbaum
  • Update on IHE/HL7 CDA Consolidation project: "HL7 Implementation Guide for CDA® Release 2: IHE Health Story Consolidation, Release 1 - US Realm " - anyone???
  • Developing volume 3 supplement template for definition of content modules
    • The model of adopting IHE Cardiology CIRC profile as a general model is called into question by publication of Consolidated CDA (C-CDA) Implementation Guide by HL7 IHE Health Story
      • Action: Teri Sippel to try to set up call between IHE Documentation Work Group and IHE Health Story Consolidation Project (under Structured Document Work Group)
  • Reinvigorating development committee volunteer activity - continue discussion- Karen W
  • General concern is that committees are becoming fragmented where small groups, or individuals, develop profiles and there is little cross-review amongst the different profile development mini-groups. Result is lower quality profiles. Is there anything the DCC or Board can do to help the situation?
  • Please also see the meeting minutes from the January 17th DCC call for proposals and discussions: January 17, 2012 Minutes
    • New/continued discussions:
      • There are both intra- and inter- Tech Committee review issues which will probably have to be solved differently
      • Discussed implementing rules around document review within committee
      • Require that every supplement published have two designated reviewers, who need to submit comments, but don't let the rest of the committee off the hook
      • Reviewers would be listed on title page along with authors
      • Identify reviewers prior to writing supplement
      • Require authors review at least two other supplements
      • Cross-domain review has not proven practical in previous efforts
      • Require named reviewers on Trial Implemenation drafts of documents; build that as a requirement in the supplement template; make submission of reviewer names part of data about the document published elsewhere (not in the document itself, perhaps in Mary Jungers' publication database)
      • Record in minutes when a given profile has been discussed in committee
      • Volume 1 needs to be heavily reviewed in committee; implementers needed to review Volume 2
      • Reenforce the role of the Tech Comm co-chairs. It is their responsibility to ensure that documents are in fact properly and sufficiently reviewed prior to going to Trial Impl., but it is not clear that the co-chairs have the authority to decide not to publish
      • Consider developing a TC co-chair checklist prior to going to Trial Implementation
      • Action Item: Kevin O'Donnell will request that the Rad Tech Committee changes the reviewer policy in Radiology as a trial in the upcoming review cycle.

Documentation, Websites and Public Information

  • Documentation Work Group (15 min - Teri Sippel Schmidt; Mary Jungers)
  • progress made on General Intro, Vol 1, Vol 2, Vol 4 "shells" for new domains and for eventual transition by existing domains
  • progress on Content Module Supplement Template - really looking for input from PCC and QRPH
  • proposal for Volume 3 structure, looking for early feedback since this will affect YOU:
    • 1: Introduction
    • 2: This section intentionally left blank. (or more standard intro material per other volumes)
    • 3: This section intentionally left blank.
    • 4: Data Models (e.g., bindings, meta data model)
    • 5: This section intentionally left blank.
    • 6: Content Module Definitions
  • No objections to the "sections left blank" approach above. Generally agreed that we need to take this approach, especially for PCC and QRPH so that all of the documentation links and test cases/test plan links do not get broken by a documentation structure change (which would induce many, many errors).
  • Volume 3 supplement template will be forthcoming in the next several weeks. Requires resolution of questions about CDA Consolidation Project above.
  • Technical Framework Publication Planning and Schedule - 2012 cycle (10 min Mary Jungers)
  • reminder of/reintroduction to the process
  • Hard dates needed for the testing and tools committee
  • Action: Mary will be making calls to Domain Co-chairs this week to confirm publication schedule

Governance Implementation

Next steps and New Actions Items

  • Next Call Feb 14, 2012, 9am-10:30am CT

Domain Coordination Committee