Quality, Research and Public Health
IHE Quality, Research and Public Health Domain (QRPH) addresses the infrastructure and content necessary to:
- share information relevant to quality improvement,
- improve the liaison between the primary care system and clinical research and
- provide population base health surveillance.
The three distinct components of the QRPH domain are all reliant on the secondary use of data gathered in clinical care.
The work of QRPH enables the stakeholders to focus on the workflow cycle of queries for data and selection of population cohorts from within the clinical record. In addition, QRPH incorporates the output from the query specification within the clinical system workflow to enable clinical decision support and defines profiles for adverse event reporting, especially with reference to medication-related adverse outcomes.
QRPH is sponsored by Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society (HIMSS) and the Radiological Society of North America (RSNA) and manages the Quality Profiles.
There are two committees. For details regarding activities of each, select the appropriate link below:
- The Quality, Research and Public Health Planning Committee
- The Quality, Research and Public Health Technical Committee
Call for Proposals
- 1. What is the problem and how does it look in practice (use case)?
- 2. How should things look in practice if it were fixed?
- 3. What specific standards could be used to solve the problem, if known?
- 4. If possible, give some indication of the business case for solving the problem (e.g., quantify the cost).
The proposal should include the name of a candidate editor for the profile should it be selected for development.
Timeline: 2019-2020 Planning and Development Cycle (calendar year 2018-2019)
The following table outlines the general activities and steps planned for the 2018-2019 calendar year.
The Timeline shows the main milestones of the development cycle, and the actual date/time/location they have been Scheduled for this year. Specific meetings and their agendas and minutes are generally listed on the Quality, Research and Public Health Planning Committee and Quality, Research and Public Health Technical Committee pages.
Dates and times are U.S. Central Time (Chicago).
|August 1||Call for Profile/White Paper Proposals Opens: Submit to firstname.lastname@example.org|
|September 21||Call for Proposals Closes|
|October 4||Committee participates in Planning Committee's Proposal Review|
|October 10-11||2019-2020 Development Cycle Planning Proposal Evaluation Kickoff - Planning Committee Meeting|
|November 14-15||Technical Proposal Evaluation Meeting - Technical Committee Meeting in Oak Brook, IL|
|January 21-25||Test implementations at IHE North American Connectathon 2019 - HIMSS Innovation Center, Cleveland OH|
|February 11-15||HIMSS Annual Meeting - Orlando, Florida|
|February 25-28, 2019||TC Volume 1 Finalization Meeting - Location TBD|
|April 8-12||IHE European Connectathon - Rennes, France|
|April 29-May 2||TC Public Comment Meeting|
|July 22-26||Preparation for Trial Implementation and Issuance Meeting - Oak Brook, IL|
- QRPH 2018+ Planning and Development Cycle (calendar year 2017+)
- Domain Milestone Dates
- Older Schedules
- Change proposals
- QRPH Documents
The Quality Research and Public Health domain committee follows the general IHE Change Proposal Process. QRPH specific details are listed below:
- CPs should be developed using the standard change proposal template.
- Submit incoming CP's to the Submitted Directory. You may choose to do so in one of two ways:
- E-mail the QRPH Technical Committee co-chair in charge of CPs (check Committees for current co-chair - subject the e-mail as "New QRPH CP")
- Directly update the directory if you have access to the ftp write password and e-mail the QRPH co-chairs to let them know of the new CP.
- The CPs are tracked on a Google Docs spreadsheet Change Proposals.
Agenda and Minutes
Committee Distribution Lists
Subscribe to the QRPH domain committee lists by visiting the Google Group sites linked below: