PCD TC 2013-08-07 Webex

From IHE Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Patient Care Device Domain

Meeting Purpose

TC Regularly Scheduled Meeting

WebEx Information

Topic: PCD Technical Committee

Regularly Scheduled Meeting Time

Time: 11:00 am, Eastern Time (New York)

Duration: 60 Minutes

Proposed Agenda

1. Agenda Approval
2. Review Discussion Summary July 24, 2013 PCD TC 2013-07-24 Webex
3. Announcements
- Elections
- Survey - Pulse Ox Data
- HIMSS14 Planning
Survey - Participation in the Connectathon, Showcase
Use Case Suggestions - Highly Desirable
4. Status: TF, Supplement, Other Documents
- TF Vol II update
- OMS WP Working Group established and underway (Weds @ 4 PM Eastern)
- MSH-5 (Receiving Application)/ MSH-3 (Sending Application) issue, potential CP?.
- Usage of containment of 20601 within multiple OBR/OBXs.
-- Attempting to synchronize implementation practice with Continua Health Alliance
5. Action Item Review (last reviewed July 10 continue with #149)
- Ambitious Workitem List: Call for Updates Via Email or Attendance
6. Additional Business
- IHE-PCD Webinar tomorrow (August 8th at 2 PM Eastern)
7. Next Meetings:
TC August 21; PC August 14
F2F the Week of October 7: Agenda, Hotel, Participation Poll

Action Items from Previous Meetings

See PCD Technical Committee Action Items.

Significant changes, other than dates, will be in bold.

References

  • Published and Draft Versions of the TF, Supplements, Other Documents:
- The PCD ftp site has draft versions.
- Published (and possibly in the process of being replaced with new versions):
o http://ihe.net/Technical_Framework/index.cfm#pcd
- and there is a list of CPs, which may, at any given time, affect a published document. The list is at

http://wiki.ihe.net/index.php?title=PCD_CP_grid

  • Not Yet Published:
o ftp://ftp.ihe.net/Patient_Care_Devices/Profiles/

Participants

Chair: John Garguilo
Al Engelbert, Robert Flanders, Ken Fuchs, John Garguilo, Bob Gold, Jon Lachman, Jeff McGeath, Steve Merritt, Monroe Pattillo, Brian Reinhold (Lamprey, Continua LAN/WAN Task Force), John Rhoads, Paul Schluter, Paul Sherman, Ioana Singureanu, Manny Furst

Discussion

Discussion Summaries do not require formal approval, while minutes of meetings where votes are taken do. Participants are encouraged to review and bring up significant issues with discussion summaries of previous meetings. Votes will be taken to approve meetings where votes took place; these may be email ballots.

Item Topic Discussion
1 Introductions & Agenda Review
- Chair
Status/Discussion:

Decisions/Issues:

Agenda approved

Action(s):

2 Discussion Summary or Approval of Minutes
- Chair
Status/Discussion:
Discussion Summary of previous meeting(s):
Accepted

Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):

3 Agenda Items
- As Noted
Status/Discussion:

3. Announcements:

- Elections:
Formally closed and announced.
- Survey for POI:
The survey so far indicates that vendors implementing pulse ox data without the POI option do not plan to implement the option this cycle.
- HIMSS Showcase Planning:
Manny indicated that survey planning is underway and the data in the Doodle survey is important to assure that the PCD portion is appropriately developed. He noted that GuardRFID will be in the Intelligent Hospital Pavilion and, if New Directions is available, in the Showcase. They offered to implement RFID with a moving “patient” on the Showcase floor.

4. Status of TF, Other Documents:

- MSH-5: Monroe proposed that this become required (R); it is currently RE. This presents issues in the ACK where the missing identification of the receiving system may be missing in the sending and therefore in the receiving systems. Ioana added that the receiving system should include its identification when responding in the ACK. Ioana recommended that the requirement should become IHE-wide. Ken suggested that it isn’t necessary to change, that it depends upon the use case. John Garguilo pointed out the MSH-3 in the TF is RE (PCD-09) and should be R. John Garguilo and Monroe offered to develop the CP and consult with ITI regarding wider applicability.
- OMS: Will meet today.
- TF: John Rhoads will distribute the revised version for comment.
- Usage: Paul Schluter described the need for a pointer at the facet level by Continua. This has not been an issue/need for PCD in general, but is desired by Continua. Using OBX-4 would not apply across the entire message, but rather unique only within the OBX.

5. Action Items:

- Manny and John Rhoads requested updates via emails because there are so many in this active committee.

Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):


Next Meetings

The next meetings are:

TC August 21, 2013 PCD TC 2013-08-21 Webex

PC August 14, 2013 PCD PC 2013-08-14 Webex

PC & TC Face-to-Face Meeting Oct. 8-11

PCD Home