PCD TC 2012-12-05 Webex

From IHE Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Patient Care Device Domain

Meeting Purpose

TC Regularly Scheduled Meeting

WebEx Information

Topic: PCD Technical Committee

Regularly Scheduled Meeting Time

Date: Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Time: 11:00 am, Eastern Time (New York)

Duration: 60 Minutes

Proposed Agenda

1. Agenda Approval
2. Review Discussion Summary: PCD TC 2012-11-28 Webex
3. Related Meetings
3.1 Notes from Interrum ISO/IEEE 11073 Posted (held at WHI in SD 11/12-16)[1]
3.2 mHealth Report (Rhoads)
4. Detailed Proposals (7 total) (reminder: to be completed with review by 12/18/12)
4.1 Optimized Message Syntax (Ken Fuchs) - To be Discussed next week 12/12/12
4.2 Device Specializations for Physiological Monitor, Ventilator (Todd Cooper) - To be discussed next week 12/12/12
4.3 Others - need updates from lead authors
4.3.1 DPI-WP White Paper
4.3.2 DPI-DnA Discovery and Association
4.3.3 DPI-DR Data Reporting
4.3.4 Event Communication
5. OIDs
5.1 Background (IHE-PCD Wiki vs. what's in TF Vol II + Supplements)
5.1.1 Why do we have two OIDs for "Transactions" on Wiki?
5.1.2 What is actually tested by NIST Pre-Connectathon Test Tool
5.1.3 Discussion on if deprecation of original OID is appropriate, or simply keep both?
5.2 Do we need to revisit OID page and structure [2]
5.3 Concept definition: 'Transaction' vs. 'Interaction' levels...
5.3.1 Should we define to 'Interaction' Level, and if so in what document (e.g., Vol II or otherwise)
6. MSH-21: Defining consistency for MSH-21.1 (Entity Identifier) + MSH-21.2 (Namespace ID)
6.1 Example ACM Supplement (Table 3.A.1-1 MSH-21 Message Profile Identifier[3]
7 Status Updates?: TF, Supplement, Other Documents
7.1 ACM Appendix 'X' Example Messages (invalid - need updating) [edit/CP by Monroe Patillo]
7.2 TF Vol II CPs (Garguilo to document based on issues from testing)
8 Pre-Connectathon/Connectathon/Showcase Report-out (Manny Furst)
8.1 Latest Pre-Connectathon Tool deployment - 12/5/12 (see PCD-Testing Google Group)
9. Action Item Review (last reviewed 11/7/12)
10. Next and Recent Meetings
10.1 Please Note: Next week (12/12/12) will be TC and 12/19/12 will be PC
10.2 No meeting on 12/26/12 - Happy Holidays!
11. Additional Business

Action Items from Previous Meetings

See PCD Technical Committee Action Items.

Significant changes, other than dates, will be in bold.

References

Participants

Chair: John Garguilo
Paul Elletson, Al Engelbert, John Garguilo, Bob Gold, Monroe Pattillo, John Rhoads, Paul Schluter, Khalid Zubaidi, Manny Furst

Discussion

Discussion Summaries do not require formal approval, while minutes of meetings where votes are taken do. Participants are encouraged to review and bring up significant issues with discussion summaries of previous meetings. Votes will be taken to approve meetings where votes took place; these may be email ballots.

Item Topic Discussion
1 Introductions & Agenda Review
- Chair
Status/Discussion:

Decisions/Issues:

Agenda approved

Action(s):

2 Discussion Summary or Approval of Minutes
- Chair
Status/Discussion:
Approved TC meeting Nov. 7. Paul asked if there was information available about the agreement with IEEE about RTMMS (Action Item 126). He expects it to be considered in today’s IEEE board meeting.

Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):

3 Agenda Items
- As Noted
Status/Discussion:

3. Related Meetings:

- 3.1 Notes from Interim ISO/IEEE 11073 Posted (held at WHI in SD 11/12-16)[1]
- 3.2 mHealth Summit:
o John Rhoads summarized Tuesday’s meeting.
- John noted that IHE-USA has made an agreement with a Verizon subsidiary to provide certification services. All details are not yet available. The press release is available at https://www.icsalabs.com/ihe. The press release refers to three tiers.

4. Detailed Proposals (7 total) (reminder: to be completed with review by 12/19/12)

- 4.1 Optimized Message Syntax (Ken Fuchs) - To be Discussed next week 12/12/12
- 4.2 Device Specializations for Physiological Monitor, Ventilator (Todd Cooper) - To be discussed next week 12/12/12
- 4.3 Others - need updates from lead authors
o 4.3.1 DPI-WP White Paper
o 4.3.2 DPI-DnA Discovery and Association
o 4.3.3 DPI-DR Data Reporting
o 4.3.4 Event Communication: John Rhoads will take the lead. Paul’s work on the containment tree will assist the effort.

5. OIDs

- 5.1 Background (IHE-PCD Wiki vs. what's in TF Vol II + Supplements): John Garguilo raised the question of whether to deprecate an OID when the supplement becomes part of the TF. He noted that there appears to be a need to include actors, and include the transaction level (each direction).
o 5.1.1 Why do we have two OIDs for "Transactions" on Wiki?
o 5.1.2 What is actually tested by NIST Pre-Connectathon Test Tool – for this cycle both OIDs will be accepted.
o 5.1.3 Discussion is deprecation of original OID appropriate, or simply keep both?
- 5.2 Do we need to revisit OID page and structure [2]. John asked members to review the structure and consider if it is appropriate. John Rhoads suggested removing obsolete OIDs and removing them from Volume 2, referencing a dynamic list. John Garguilo will develop a CP to address this. He expressed his satisfaction with the tree structure in the Wiki page. He requested comments from the PCD membership.
- 5.3 Concept definition: 'Transaction' vs. 'Interaction' levels. Add to Action Item list, John Garguilo will lead, John Rhoads as participant.
o 5.3.1 Should we define to 'Interaction' Level, and if so in what document (e.g., Vol II or otherwise)?

6. MSH-21: Defining consistency for MSH-21.1 (Entity Identifier) + MSH-21.2 (Namespace ID)

- 6.1 Example ACM Supplement [3]. John Garguilo referred to Monroe’s table, recommending that each profile provide a similar table, including the valid OID. This will enable NIST to test for the correct OID rather than just determining that something is in the component.
- Al recommended that the table be updated to remove the ACM numbering, using PCD-04, etc. in MSH-21-1. John Rhoads added that there should be only one “source of truth”.

7 Status Updates?: TF, Supplement, Other Documents

- 7.1 ACM Appendix 'X' Example Messages (invalid - need updating) [edit/CP by Monroe Patillo]. John Garguilo indicated that the sample messages are great and PCD should attempt to include these in each profile, but they need to be updated as required. This will be valuable to new participants.
- 7.2 TF Vol II CPs (Garguilo to document based on issues from testing).

8 Pre-Connectathon/Connectathon/Showcase Report-out (Manny Furst): Manny summarized progress to date, noting that participants have not begun virtual/Internet testing and he has not yet updated the Connectathon tests in Gazelle.

- 8.1 Latest Pre-Connectathon Tool deployment - 12/5/12 (see PCD-Testing Google Group)

9. Action Item Review (last reviewed 11/7/12): Deferred.

10. Next and Recent Meetings

- 10.1 Please Note: Next week (12/12/12) will be TC and 12/19/12 will be PC
- 10.2 No meeting on 12/26/12 - Happy Holidays!

11. Additional Business

Decisions/Issues:

As noted above.

Action(s): 5. OIDs:

- 5.2 Do we need to revisit OID page and structure [2]. John asked members to review the structure and consider if it is appropriate. John Rhoads suggested removing obsolete OIDs and removing them from Volume 2, referencing a dynamic list. John Garguilo will develop a CP to address this. He expressed his satisfaction with the tree structure in the Wiki page. He requested comments from the PCD membership.
- 5.3 Concept definition: 'Transaction' vs. 'Interaction' levels. Add to Action Item list, John Garguilo will lead, John Rhoads as participant.

10. Manny to notify members about the change in meeting schedule.

Next Meetings

The next meetings are:

TC December 12, 2012 PCD TC 2012-12-12 Webex

PC December 19, 2012 PCD PC 2012-12-19 Webex

TC January 9, 2013 PCD TC 2013-01-09 Webex

PC January 16, 2013 PCD PC 2013-01-16 Webex

PCD Home