PCD PC 2012-12-19 Webex
Patient Care Device Domain
PC At the Regularly Scheduled Meeting Time
Topic: PCD Planning Committee
- Regularly Scheduled Meeting Time
Time: 11:00 am, Eastern Time (New York)
Duration: 60 Minutes
- 1. Agenda Approval
- 2. Review Discussion Summary: Planning Committee November 14, PCD PC 2012-11-14 Webex
- - Note additions to Reference section
- 3. Ballots:
- - Detailed Workitem Proposals - Ballot
- o Event Communication Naming and scope
- - ACM CP Ballot
- 4. Calendar http://wiki.ihe.net/index.php?title=PCD
- 5. DCC
- 6. Standards Coordination
- 7. IHE USA Certification proposal
- 8. Integration Statements
- 9. Showcase Planning updates
- 10. Marketing PCD, IHE
- 11. PC Action Item Review (last updated Aug. 15; continue with no. 116)
- 12. Other Business
- 13. Next and Recent Meetings
- - F2F - Week of April 15 (possibly starting Monday) in AFC
- - PC, TC
Action Items from Previous Meetings
Significant changes, other than dates, will be in bold.
- Published and Draft Versions of the TF, Supplements, Other Documents:
- - The PCD ftp site has draft versions.
- - Published (and possibly in the process of being replaced with new versions):
- Not Yet Published:
- IHE Webinars - http://ihe.net/Events/webinars2012.cfm
- Request for Brief Proposals: Email from Celina Roth Aug. 2 - Submit Brief Proposals by October 5, 2012
- Oct. F2F: http://wiki.ihe.net/index.php?title=PCD_PC%26TC_2012_Oct._16-19_F2F
- Chair: Steve Merritt, Monroe Pattillo
- Todd Cooper, Ken Fuchs, John Garguilo, Bob Gold, Steve Merritt, Monroe Pattillo, Scott Powell, John Rhoads, Jeff Rinda, Paul Schluter, Rob Wilder, Manny Furst
Discussion Summaries do not require formal approval, while minutes of meetings where votes are taken do. Participants are encouraged to review and bring up significant issues with discussion summaries of previous meetings. Votes will be taken to approve meetings where votes took place; these may be email ballots.
Item Topic Discussion 1 Introductions & Agenda Review
- Agenda approved
2 Discussion Summary or Approval of Minutes
- - Accepted: Planning Committee November 14
3 Agenda Items
- Standards Coordination
- - Members were encouraged to address the ballots sent last night. The ACM CP closes Jan. 3 and the workitem proposals Jan. 4. The workitem proposal ballot includes a survey to determine participating company’s and representative’s participation in each.
- o Todd asked if the TF volume 1 has the description of distinguishing the ACM and EC profiles. Ken and Monroe indicated that this is in the profile, not in the TF. Todd will propose a CP to include the wording in the TF. Monroe indicated that the primary transmission will not be WCTP, but that it is not excluded.
- - The name for the Event Communication profile was discussed. Todd reviewed the reason this supplement will be limited to PCD relates to the standards that form the basis for the document. Provision for extending it beyond PCD was included where possible.
- - Nothing to report.
- - Steve noted that the new TF template doesn’t include PCD comments. He will follow up.
6. Standards Coordination:
- - HL7 Meeting Phoenix in January: Todd requested suggestions for addition to the agenda. The agenda will be finalized this week and will include REFIDs that concern PCD.
- - IEEE: There will be a conference call that will include finalization of REFIDs. Together
- - IEEE: the NIST/IEEE MOU should be signed this week.
7. IHE USA and ICSA Certification:
- - John Garguilo referred to a Webex December 20 to discuss this. There will be three tiers.
- - Steve Moore sent an email this morning with some information.
- - Todd summarized the discussion at the IHE Testing and Tools Committee meeting. Concerns were expressed about the international implications. The IHE USA effort will be considered a pilot effort to learn more. It will be run this year as a separate, co-located effort during the Connectathon. Another concern is the late announcement. Ken indicated that DEC will be included in this initial effort. John Garguilo noted that NIST testing is part of the process, but there have been no communications between ICSA and NIST. Paul noted that ICSA may not be an accredited lab. Todd indicated that ICSA intends to leverage existing tooling.
- - Rob indicated that he is interested but concerned if there would be time to conduct this additional effort.
- - Steve indicated that a successful certification program will facilitate purchase of IHE conforming systems.
8. Integration Statements:
- - Steve recently looked at these to identify companies the hospital should consider in purchasing information. He found numerous shortcomings in the statements, from out of date, or missing information to misleading statements. He referred to the requirements posted on the IS page for content of the statements. He noted that there is a version 2 IS process in the works that hopefully will help. He strongly recommended that vendors not post an IS for products that are not commercially available. Listing a product that is not available reduces the value of the IS and frustrates purchasers. Todd added that the new version will bring more rigor to the posting, helping assure that the information is complete. He noted that certification will help.
9. Showcase Planning:
- - Manny indicated that Use Case Assignments and
10. Marketing PCD, IHE:
- - Manny asked members to consider what more PCD can do to market at the Connectathon and Showcase.
- - Showcase: PCD handout.
11. Other Business:
- - Ken described the need to identify versions of the PCD transactions and a local version to indicate product versions that would indicate which PCD version it conforms to as well as tracking products. He wanted to bring this for later consideration. Monroe added that MSH-21 could be used to identify the entire message. Private versioning has implications for NIST testing. John added some additional considerations.
- - John Garguilo noted that NIST testing next week will not be supported by the usual
12. Next and Recent Meetings:
- - F2F: The week of April 15, possibly starting Monday, in San Diego.
- - TC Jan. 9 and 23, PC Jan. 16.
The next meetings are:
TC January 9, 2013 PCD TC 2013-01-09 Webex
TC January 23, 2013 PCD TC 2013-01-23 Webex
PC January 16, 2013 PCD PC 2013-01-16 Webex