PCD TC 2010-12-22 Webex

From IHE Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Patient Care Device Domain

Meeting Purpose

Regularly Scheduled TC Meeting

WebEx Information

Topic: PCD Technical Committee Meeting

Regularly Scheduled Meeting

Date: Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Time: 11:00 am, Eastern Time (New York)

Duration: 60 Minutes

Proposed Agenda

1. Agenda Approval
2. Review Discussion Summaries: December 8 PCD TC 2010-12-08 Webex
3. Profile and Work Item Update
TF update
Ballot Update
4. Go over detailed proposals for cycle 6: do the proposals contain enough information for the TC to go ahead? For general IHE process, see Profile_Proposal_Process
Point-of-Care Identification Management
(Brief Proposal from 2009)
(Detailed Profile Proposal from 2010.12)
Asynchronous Data Query (Discussed in last meeting)
Asynchronous Data Query Brief Proposal
Asynchronous Data Query Detailed Proposal
Location Tracking Service Detailed Proposal
RTLS Presentation 2010-10-01
RTLS Presentation to ITI
Brief proposal
"Really Consistent Time" (Discussed in last meeting)
Brief proposal
5. PCD Schedule on Wiki Page, added at the request of the PC
6. Tooling Update
RTM: Inclusion of LOINC codes (e.g. from hearing tests)
7. AAMI/FDA Infusion Pump Safety Efforts
8. Action Item Review
9. Additional Business
10. Next Meetings

Action Items from Previous Meetings

See PCD Technical Committee Action Items.

Significant changes, other than dates, will be in bold.


Chair: John Garguilo
Terry Bettis, Todd Cooper, Bikram Day, Al Engelbert, Robert Flanders, John Garguilo, Sarah Hopkins, Monroe Pattillo, John Rhoads, Paul Schluter, Erin Sparnon, Scott Zaffrin, Khalid Zubaidi, Manny Furst


Discussion Summaries do not require formal approval, while minutes of meetings where votes are taken do. Participants are encouraged to review and bring up significant issues with discussion summaries of previous meetings. Votes will be taken to approve meetings where votes took place; these may be email ballots.

Item Topic Discussion
1 Introductions & Agenda Review
- Chair


  • Agenda approved


2 Discussion Summary or Approval of Minutes
- Chair
  • Discussion Summary of previous meeting was accepted



3 Agenda Items
- As Noted

3. Profile and Work Item Update:

WCM ballot has closed, likely passed pending official count.
MEM Cybersecurity WP is passing, will close Friday if quorum has been met.
John Garguilo indicated that the Pre-Connectathon and Connectathon tests are revealing the need for CPs, mostly for minor issues.

4. Detailed Profile Proposals:

  • Point of Care Identity Management [corrected 1/5/11] (name changed by consensus), presented by Todd:
- Scope
o To include bind/unbind as well as association with the patient.
o Will not include the Use Cases developed by Ruth Berge, but will include follow on work by Gary Meyer.
o To address issues raised during the discussion that took place at the Oct. F2F; Todd suggested that unresolved items would be resolved during work on this Work Item. Options will be identified in the Detailed Profile Proposal.
o One issue is whether to use ADT or ORU with new trigger.
o Khalid suggested a conference call with Gary to help move this forward.
o Todd noted there are other documents developed over time that addressed this subject. Todd will use his judgment regarding what to include from those.
- Process:
o Todd will lead the development with a target date of May, 2011.
o Khalid will schedule discussion during the Pump WG Jan. 5.
o Todd will provide the draft this week for the TC’s recommendation to the PC on Jan. 5.
o The PC will ballot Jan. 5 in the joint PC/TC meeting and/or follow on email ballot.
  • Location Tracking Services
- Steve described the three applications: device, patient, staff tracking.
o Paul suggested that the coordinate system be addressed. He suggested that Steve, as a user can best identify the issues, such location identification (e.g., room), and degree of accuracy (what resolution is provided).
o Steve noted that HL7 has done some work in this area. Ken suggested this may be in a v3 release and PCD’s work should include those parameters. Epic may have led the effort.
- Technical Approach
o Details will evolve over time.
o Numerous companies have expressed interest.
o No one has volunteered as editor.
o Steve asked if there is an existing profile that can be used as a model or extended. John Rhoads suggested that an Observation Report [corrected 1/5/11] might be suitable. Ken and Paul suggested this would be a content profile that can be added to messages, e.g., WCM.
o Steve asked that the PC indicate how each of the four proposals would be addressed over Cycle 7 timeline.
o John Garguilo suggested that the proposal include a list of items to be addressed, with sequence identified.

5. Deferred.

6. Todd asked Paul if home health urine analysis (urimeter) LOINC code has been added. Paul indicated it will be addressed later.

7. AAMI Letter:

Ken asked about the list of topics. The first item is Device Integration, placed at the top of the list. Erin indicated that Device Integration is there as a subject to follow and be sure it will be addressed in the report.
- Erin is on the AAMI Safety Council.
Drug Library Management I and II refer to setting up and managing the library and the data developed.
The PCD (Ken) will send a letter to Mary Logan expressing support. MANNY to explore the path to sending the letter (on behalf of PCD
Erin will act as liaison

8. Action Items




Next Meeting

The next meeting, January 5, 2011 PCD PC&TC 2011-01-05 Webex will focus on developing Cycle 6 work item selection:

The TC will notify the PC which of the four work items are feasible. This will be a consensus decision.
The PC will vote on which of the four will be developed in Cycle 6, with perhaps staging during the cycle. If a quorum is present the decision will be final; if not email balloting will follow.

The PC and TC have been notified previously.

TC January 26, 2011 PCD TC 2011-01-26 Webex

PC January 12, 2011 PCD PC 2011-01-12 Webex

PCD Home