PCD TC 2009-06-17 Webex

From IHE Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Patient Care Device Domain

Meeting Purpose

Regularly scheduled meeting of the PCD Technical Committee

WebEx Information

Topic: PCD Weekly Tcons

Date: Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Time: 11:00 am, Eastern Time (New York)

Duration: 60 Minutes

Proposed Agenda

1. Agenda Approval
2. Review Discussion Summary: June 3 meeting PCD TC 2009-06-03 Webex
3. Public Comment & CP Status Updates
- IDCO Update
- CP: Process & Submissions
- Rosetta
4. Continua-IHE PCD "SDE#2" Coordination Report
5. IHE International Update (incorporation + IP Policy)
6. IHE OID Management & Registries
7. HITSP Update:
- "meaningful use" published for public comment
- ARRA/HITECH & life beyond 2009.07.15
8. Update from Brussels meetings:
- 80001-x Update
- "standalone software" as a regulated medical device...
9. Action Item Review
10. Additional Business
11. Next Meeting

Action Items from Previous Meetings

Action items updated with June 3

Discussion Summaries do not require formal approval, while minutes of meetings where votes are taken do. Participants are encouraged to review and bring up significant issues with discussion summaries of previous meetings. Votes will be taken to approve meetings where votes took place; these may be email ballots.

Significant changes, other than dates, will be in bold.

Number Action Owner Participants Due Date Status Comments
60 Update TF Todd, Ken John Rhoads 2009.07.01 OPEN Meetings have begun. The update will include PIB, SPD. Then it will be released for public comment (September). Todd asked for comments, suggestions. Ken has cleaned up Volume 1 in preparation for updating it.

Todd will ask the IHE Cochairs if the format must be changed to the new format or can be left as is. A Google Group has been established. Distribute the updated TF for use in this cycle’s implementation for the Connectathon. John Rhoads will prepare the CP for the TF. TC to set the date for the TF public comment release. John Rhoads suggested members review and comment on the TF. He suggested emailing Todd with copies to Ken and himself. A format change to the TF is anticipated. This would place the boiler plate into volume 0. Change date to July 1.

62 Incorporate Bar Coding into ADT implementations; which domain is responsible? Todd Co-chairs 2009.07.01 OPEN Please see summary of June 3 for history http://wiki.ihe.net/index.php?title=PCD_TC_2009-06-03_Webex#Discussion. John Rhoads reviewed the topic as discussed at the DCC. Ken and Todd took this to the DCC approximately 6 months ago. The DCC suggested PCD take the lead and coordinate the various IHE Domain. John indicated this was the same approach the DCC took again recently. Todd noted that Khalid is developing an approach for DPI and asked that John take this back to the DCC and he agreed to do so. Paul asked if bar codes (which are available in different standards) are the only identifier of interest. Others could include the patient’s photo. Todd suggested the PC draft a brief profile proposal that could be used to recruit ITI, Radiology and possibly PCC to join the effort. John asked Khalid if he would lead this effort and Khalid agreed to give this some thought. Paul noted that PCD-01 permits multiple patient identifiers. Change date to July 1.
66 Prepare profiles for registration. John Garguilo Al Engelbert, Todd Cooper, Robert Flanders. 2009.07.15 OPEN PCD likely won’t finalize the application until the TF has been updated and following the public comment period. Todd set up Google Group and Wiki Page to establish a baseline. The PCD will work with NIST for validation. John Garguilo believes two of the three profiles are now complete and correct in the MWB. It is anticipated that the other PCD transactions shall be registered after PCD-01 is complete. John Garguilo has requested that companies post their profiles at: PCD Year 3 Pre-Connectathon Testing FTP Site. John Rhoads requested that this be addressed early in the cycle. Manny to request members post sample messages for past and future work and note any issues that need to be fixed. NIST is developing test scenarios, requiring the profile and constraints. The PIV WG is the initial profile. John reminded the group that MWB files are needed and should be posted to the ftp site.
77 Preparing a Proposal to HL7 for Pharmacy WG (new name) Gary Meyer Jeff Rinda, Al Engelbert 2009.07.01 OPEN Jeff noted this is not a critical issue, but the pharmacy group needs to address the issue. Todd will check with Gary Meyer. Change title (from "Ask HL7 to address gaps in v3 that affect PCD's ability to develop extensions to PIV") to "Preparing a Proposal to HL7 for Pharmacy WG". They may not be interested in addressing this in this cycle (Atlanta the week of Sept. 21). Manny to clarify description.
79 Change Proposal Tutorial 2009.06.17 OPEN Provide a tutorial on filing Change Proposals. E.g., these have been suggested and need CPs: ACM: clarify coding of multiple aspects of an alarm; PIV: clarify coding. Manny to clarify description.
80 Monitor HITSP’s Work (also on PC list) Jan Wittenber Maria, Lisa Carnahan 2009.06.17 OPEN Jan is on the relevant tiger team. Jan and several PCD members will participate in developing the response. Maria will generate the materials, Jan will get it to HITSP, Lisa will contact HITSP and USHIK (within AHRQ). Device data is out of scope for this portion of their work at prioritizing their work consistent with the ARRA. The device effort will likely resume in mid-July.
82 OID for PCD Todd, John Garguilo 2009.06.03 OPEN Manny to follow up on obtaining and OID.Todd put up a Wiki page to describe managing the OID. John Rhoads will flesh that out. Change date to next meeting.
83 MOUs Sandy 2009.06.03 OPEN Follow up MOU status with CIMIT, ASTM. It is on the ASTM executive meeting agenda next week. Ken reported that Julian presented this to the ASTM. The outcome has not been reported.
84 Patient Identity and PCD Messages Todd, Khalid, Gary 2009.06.03 OPEN How best to accomplish this tie will be addressed in the white paper for further development as a supplement to PIB (Todd). Coordination with IEEE (-20103 CCOM) and ICE-PAC will be accomplished Jan. Draft a patient association brief profile proposal (Khalid). The A04 registration message is not the commonly used message, while A01 is used by hospitals at admission (Gary). Gary will review this issue and it will be factored into the CPs for publication and testing in the 2010 Connectathon. Also see 62.
86 Test Tools Rob Snellick, John Garguilo Manny 2009.06.17 OPEN NIST will explore a registry for MWB files (Rob). Manny to request PCD Connectathon WG to post MWB files. Change date to June 17, add John Garguilo to the effort.
87 IDCO Nick 2009.06.03 OPEN Is there another transaction for pushing an IDCO report? ICDO is looking for alternatives. Supplement is out for public comment until June 30.
88 Cycle 4 Supplement Status Ken, Todd 2009.06.03 OPEN John Rhoads, Monroe, Paul offered to review the WCM document. Cycle 4 Supplement Status - Anticipated release dates are: IDCO - June 1; PIV - June 1; RTM - June 1; WCM - September 1. White Papers: DPI and MEM will be available this summer. PIV: Recent WG F2F: Todd briefly summarized the meeting. Those interested are referred to the Wiki page (see agenda list above). He noted it was a very productive meeting. RTM update: Paul found 40 errors and as a result is looking at automating the process for identifying them. He noted the harmonized table is looking good. Work continues on RTM ventilator terms. The RTM update should be available for TC ballot in about 10 days.

CPs: A number of change proposals are in development. He suggested that the PIV WG review these as soon as possible.

89 Profile Optionality (should optional items be separate profiles?) 2009.07.15 OPEN 81 was closed. This refers to how this is captured and incorporated into the Conformance Document. John Garguilo noted that this has implications for testing and certification. Todd suggested that Connectathon test results of options be published. John Garguilo, John Rhoads and Manny will define a request to the Testing and Tools committee to have 2010 results include options. Todd noted this has implications for the PCD Users’ Guide.

90 2009.06.03 OPEN
91 2009.06.03 OPEN


Chair: Todd Cooper (Breakthrough Solutions), John Rhoads (Philips)
Micha Coleman(Medtronic), Jon Blasingame (Philips), Al Engelbert (ProtoLink/B.Braun), Robert Flanders (GE), Ken Fuchs (Draeger), John Garguilo (NIST), Sarah Hopkins (Cerner), Jianguo Jiang (SpaceLabs), Mary Moewe (Iatric Systems), Monroe Pattillo (Philips/Emergin), Paul Schluter (GE), Tom Schlutz (Medtronic), Yarisa Jaroch (Biotronik), Vaughan Zakian (Nuvon), Khalid Zubaidi (Cardinal)


Item Topic Discussion
1 Introductions & Agenda Review
- Chair


  • Agenda approved


2 Discussion Summary Review
- Chair



3 Review of Public Comment Items
- Chair

Group reviewed various items either in Public Comment or soon to be submitted:

  • IDCO Profile - Out for comment; closes around July 1st
  • Rosetta Tables - Paul provided an update:
- Paul sent out a harmonized rosetta this morning. New features w/ 30 – 40 rules that correct most of the errors in the orig doc. The output lists all submitted MDC terms w/ official MDC codes from the published 111073-10101 standards (thank you Sandra & Maria!).
- Includes UoM that have been corrected. – corrections done automatically by the rules in the XSLT; includes “dimensionality” + UCUM correlations
- Next week's RTM meeting 2009.06.24 there will be a walk through of this revision
- Will focus on next gaps after this major release.
- RTM work items will be finalized after the 2009.06.24 meeting
- Table does NOT include the numerous MDCX_ terms .. proposed, but covers 90% of the terms that would be used in a complete implementation
- The HTML includes the “external sites”, but only the group names – not expanded – so as to better manage the size of this table.
- Highlighted in red? Voted on/off the island during the 06/24 RTM meeting
- This should strongly support message content validation in the 2010 connectathon.
  • CP Process Review (Rhoads)
- wiki page created for the IHE PCD Change Proposal (CP) process
- Question (Garguilo): How is this CP process tied to the next Cycle's schedule? Rhoads: this is an open issue for decision by a domain's TC; the PCD TC should establish the process & deadlines for addressing current CPs.



ACTION: (Cooper & Rhoads) Verify process for “public comment” period, esp. for CPs; verify it is properly and appropriately applied to the RTM updates; publish to TC (esp. CP editors Jeff Rinda & Rugh Berge)
ACTION: (Cooper) Add to RTM list: Jianguo Jiang, John Garguilo, Mary Moewe
4 Continua Coordination
- Cooper / Schluter
  • Todd & Paul provided a general update re. recent coordination activities with the Continua WAN Technical WG around the HITSP RMON System Data Exchange #2 (SDE#2).
  • Considerable progress has been made (including at the recent F2F in Raleigh) and the proposed direction will be reviewed and hopefully approved at the Continua Summer Summit in Vancouver next week.
  • If approved, a "status report" can be sent to HITSP (John Halamka) by the 2009.06.30 deadline
  • Open issues include:
- Using WS* profile as a transport for PCD-01 messages (esp. needed to address utilization of various WAN technologies + security mechanisms.
- Mapping from 11073-20601 PHD standard to HL7 v2-based PCD-01 messages
- Mapping from PCD-01 to CDA (esp. PHM Reports)
  • Deferred is substantively addressing device control + alarm communication
  • All of the above coordination may also be the subject of future IHE (PCD & ITI) profiles, to ensure the harmonization going into the future.



5 Various Updates
- Cooper
  • IHE-Japan is standing up a PCD national deployment committee
  • Japan & Korea are looking to have a PCD-based connectathon & showcase in 2010
  • IHE International:
- Incorporation has cleared all major hurdles; paperwork should be submitted for approval in the next few weeks.
- The IP Process and Documents have not been completed, but should be approved at the July Board meeting
  • OID Discussion: The IHE Domain Coordination Committee has had a very active discussion re. the management of OIDs within IHE. This is very positive re. having a coordinated mangagement process and method (e.g., repository) in the near future.
  • HITSP has published their "meaningful use" items for public comment (see above URLS)



6 Action Items
- Chairs
  • 80: Complete
  • 82: John Rhoads will update the PCD OID page; Due Date 2009.07.01
  • 83: Ken Fuchs will follow up with Julian Goldman re. status
  • 84: Extend Due Date; review results from Infusion Pump WG discussions after this meeting
  • 86: Garguilo stated: NIST is open to providing incremental releases of "test artifacts" (which include MWB profiles. Need to determine when such information is desired to be available for viewing/browsing. This information would be part of the Testing Infrastructure as part of a public repository.; will convene a group to start working on this in earnest in July.
  • 87: Ask Nick Stebly re. status of this item.



  • ACTION: (Group) Send Garguilo any MWB files that should be considered when developing registered profiles.

Next Meeting

The next TC meeting will be July 01 PCD TC 2009-07-01 Webex

PCD Home