PCD TC 2009-06-03 Webex

From IHE Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Patient Care Device Domain

Meeting Purpose

Regularly scheduled meeting of the PCD Technical Committee

WebEx Information

Topic: PCD Weekly Tcons

Date: Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Time: 11:00 am, Eastern Time (New York)

Duration: 60 Minutes

Proposed Agenda

1. Agenda Approval
2. Review Discussion Summary: May 20 meeting PCD TC 2009-05-20 Webex
3. Report from the Infusion Pump F2F (2009.05.19-20) Meetings
4. Ballot to Release the IDCO Supplement for Public Comment (document is at ftp://ftp.ihe.net/Patient_Care_Devices/Profiles/IDCO/)
5. Status Updates on CP & Profile Development Activities
- RTM Status Update
- WCM Status Update
- TF (& DEC) Update
- PIV Status Update
- Roadmap / Schedule Review
6. Additional Business
7. Next Meeting

Discussion Summary or Minutes and Action Items from Previous Meetings

Updated with May 20 meeting

Discussion Summaries do not require formal approval, while minutes of meetings where votes are taken do. Participants are encouraged to review and bring up significant issues with discussion summaries of previous meetings. Votes will be taken to approve meetings where votes took place; these may be email ballots.

Significant changes, other than dates, will be in bold.

Number Action Owner Participants Due Date Status Comments
60 Update TF Todd, Ken John Rhoads 2009.05.08 OPEN Meetings have begun. The update will include PIB, SPD. Then it will be released for public comment (September). Todd asked for comments, suggestions. Ken has cleaned up Volume 1 in preparation for updating it.

Todd will ask the IHE Cochairs if the format must be changed to the new format or can be left as is. A Google Group has been established. Distribute the updated TF for use in this cycle’s implementation for the Connectathon. John Rhoads will prepare the CP for the TF. TC to set the date for the TF public comment release.John Rhoads suggested members review and comment on the TF. He suggested emailing Todd with copies to Ken and himself.

62 Incorporate Bar Coding into ADT implementations; which domain is responsible? Todd Co-chairs 2009.03.25 OPEN Can consistency be achieved for bar coding across vendors, domains? Todd has been in contact with HIBCC. Bar Coding and RFID as point of care identification: Lab and PCC are interested. Ken and Todd will develop a survey for the IHE Cochairs. Steven Dain recommended broadening the scope to include bar coding of drugs as related to medical devices. For example, Canada is looking at medication bar codes that would be used by infusion pumps. Todd, Ken will ask IHE if IHE should get involved. Ken noted that there are many organizations involved in this area; the question is “what would IHE’s role be?” Paul noted that a single set of drug identifiers would be beneficial. Todd noted that the Pharmacy Domain may be the appropriate focus. The Domain Coordination Committee suggested that PCD address the issue. This doesn’t appear to be a natural issue for the PCD. John suggested that this be in the DPI White Paper and taken to the IEEE. He requested members consider any sources that may bear upon this. Move date to mid-June.
66 Prepare profiles for registration. John Garguilo Al Engelbert, Todd Cooper, Robert Flanders. 2009.07.15 OPEN PCD likely won’t finalize the application until the TF has been updated and following the public comment period. Todd set up Google Group and Wiki Page to establish a baseline. The PCD will work with NIST for validation. John Garguilo believes two of the three profiles are now complete and correct in the MWB. It is anticipated that the other PCD transactions shall be registered after PCD-01 is complete. John Garguilo has requested that companies post their profiles at: PCD Year 3 Pre-Connectathon Testing FTP Site. John Rhoadsrequested that this be addressed early in the cycle. Manny to request members post sample messages for past and future work and note any issues that need to be fixed.
77 Preparing a Proposal to HL7 for Pharmacy WG (new name) Gary Meyer Jeff Rinda, Al Engelbert 2009.07.01 OPEN Jeff noted this is not a critical issue, but the pharmacy group needs to address the issue. Todd will check with Gary Meyer. Change title (from "Ask HL7 to address gaps in v3 that affect PCD's ability to develop extensions to PIV") to "Preparing a Proposal to HL7 for Pharmacy WG". They may not be interested in addressing this in this cycle (Atlanta the week of Sept. 21). Manny to clarify description.
79 Change Proposal Tutorial 2009.06.03 OPEN Provide a tutorial on filing Change Proposals. E.g., these have been suggested and need CPs: ACM: clarify coding of multiple aspects of an alarm; PIV: clarify coding. Manny to clarify description
80 Monitor HITSP’s Work (also on PC list) Jan Wittenber Maria, Lisa Carnahan 2009.06.03 OPEN Jan is on the relevant tiger team. Jan and several PCD members will participate in developing the response. Maria will generate the materials, Jan will get it to HITSP, Lisa will contact HITSP and USHIK (within AHRQ). Device data is out of scope for this portion of their work at prioritizing their work consistent with the ARRA. The device effort will likely resume in mid-July.
81 Profile Optionality (should optional items be separate profiles?) John Rhoads 2009.06.03 OPEN Is this something we need to address by issuing separate profiles? Manny to ask Steve about this issue. Steve responded that this is up to the domain. John Rhoads will look at separating PIB and SPD as profiles rather than options, determining what that entails. PCD will then consider making the change.


82 OID for PCD Todd, John Garguilo 2009.06.03 OPEN Manny to follow up on obtaining and OID.
83 MOUs Sandy 2009.06.03 OPEN Follow up MOU status with CIMIT, ASTM. It is on the ASTM executive meeting agenda next week.
84 Patient Identity and PCD Messages Todd, Khalid, Gary 2009.06.03 OPEN How best to accomplish this tie will be addressed in the white paper for further development as a supplement to PIB (Todd). Coordination with IEEE (-20103 CCOM) and ICE-PAC will be accomplished Jan. Draft a patient association brief profile proposal (Khalid). The A04 registration message is not the commonly used message, while A01 is used by hospitals at admission (Gary). Gary will review this issue and it will be factored into the CPs for publication and testing in the 2010 Connectathon.
85 NIST Tools for RTM Rob Snellick John Garguilo, Paul, Todd 2009.06.03 OPEN Engage and initiate discussions with Open Health Tools (OHT) to explore coordination - NIST, and PCD – John Garguilo and Rob Snellick. RTM Tool Usage Policy Team: Form a team to manage the introduction and release of the tool, including exploring the means to publicize the availability of the test tools and RTM project – Todd, Paul, John Garguilo
86 Test Tools Rob Snellick Manny 2009.06.03 OPEN NIST will explore a registry for MWB files (Rob). Manny to request PCD Connectathon WG to post MWB files.
87 IDCO Nick 2009.06.03 OPEN Is there another transaction for pushing an IDCO report? ICDO is looking for alternatives. The PCD TC ballot to release the supplement for public comment is open until Monday, June 1.
88 Cycle 4 Supplement Status Ken, Todd 2009.06.03 OPEN John Rhoads, Monroe, Paul offered to review the WCM document. Cycle 4 Supplement Status - Anticipated release dates are: IDCO - June 1; PIV - June 1; RTM - June 1; WCM - September 1. White Papers: DPI and MEM will be available this summer.
89 2009.06.03 OPEN
90 2009.06.03 OPEN
91 2009.06.03 OPEN


Participants

George Bertos, Jon Blasingame, Rita Brahmbhatt, Anupriyo Chakravarti, Todd Cooper, Bikram Day, Al Engelbert, Robert Flanders, John Garguilo, Christof Gessner, Sarah Hopkins, Yarisa Jaroch, Jianuo Jiang, Mary Moewe, Monroe Pattillo, John Rhoads, Jeff Rinda, Paul Schluter, Tom Schultz, Ioana Singureanu, Greg Staudenmaier, Sandy Weininger, Khalid Zubaidi

Chair: John Rhoads

Technical Project Manager: Manny Furst

Discussion

Item Topic Discussion
1 Introductions & Agenda Review
- Chair
Status/Discussion:

Decisions/Issues:

  • Agenda approved

Action(s):

2 Issues with Discussion Summary or Approval of Minutes
- Chair
Status/Discussion:
  • Discussion Summary of previous TC meeting yielded no changes

Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):

3 PCD Profiles Considered for Supplement and White Paper Development
- Chair
Status/Discussion:

Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):

4 XXXX
- Todd
Status/Discussion:

Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):

5 Action Items
- Chairs
Status/Discussion:
  • 60: Update TF - A format change to the TF is anticipated. This would place the boiler plate into volume 0. Change date to July 1.
  • 62: Incorporate Bar Coding into ADT implementations - John Rhoads reviewed the topic as discussed at the DCC. Ken and Todd took this to the DCC approximately 6 months ago. The DCC suggested PCD take the lead and coordinate the various IHE Domain. John indicated this was the same approach the DCC took again recently. Todd noted that Khalid is developing an approach for DPI and asked that John take this back to the DCC and he agreed to do so. Paul asked if bar codes (which are available in different standards) are the only identifier of interest. Others could include the patient’s photo. Todd suggested the PC draft a brief profile proposal that could be used to recruit ITI, Radiology and possibly PCC to join the effort. John asked Khalid if he would lead this effort and Khalid agreed to give this some thought. Paul noted that PCD-01 permits multiple patient identifiers. Change date to July 1.
  • 66: Prepare profiles for registration - NIST is developing test scenarios, requiring the profile and constraints. The PIV WG is the initial profile. John reminded the group that MWB files are needed and should be posted to the ftp site.
  • 77: Ask HL7 to address gaps in v3 that affect PCD's ability to develop extensions to PIV -
  • 79: Change Proposals -
  • 80: Monitor HITSP’s Work (also on PC list) -
  • 81: Profile Optionality (should optional items be separate profiles?) - Close; they will continue to be options within DEC. However, open a new Action Item referring to how this is captured and incorporated into the Conformance Document. John Garguilo noted that this has implications for testing and certification. Todd suggested that Connectathon test results of options be published. John Garguilo, John Rhoads and Manny will define a request to the Testing and Tools committee to have 2010 results include options. Todd noted this has implications for the PCD Users’ Guide.
  • 82: OID for PCD - Todd put up a Wiki page to describe managing the OID. John Rhoads will flesh that out. Change date to next meeting.
  • 83: MOUs - Ken reported that Julian presented this to the ASTM. The outcome has not been reported.
  • 84: Patient Identity and PCD Messages - See 62.
  • 85: NIST Tools for RTM - John Garguilo recommended removing OHT from the action item. Ioana suggested that NIST and OHT should collaborate. John responded that this is a larger issue and NIST would like to use any open source tools available and he would consult with Lisa. Paul noted that he is developing a way to identify errors that vendors add to the table. Close.
  • 86: Test Tools - Change date to June 17, add John Garguilo to the effort.
  • 87: IDCO - Is out for public comment.
  • 88: Cycle 4 Supplements - PIV: Recent WG F2F: Todd briefly summarized the meeting. Those interested are referred to the Wiki page (see agenda list above). He noted it was a very productive meeting.

CPs: A number of change proposals are in development. He suggested that the PIV WG review these as soon as possible.

RTM update: Paul found 40 errors and as a result is looking at automating the process for identifying them. He noted the harmonized table is looking good. Work continues on RTM ventilator terms. The RTM update should be available for TC ballot in about 10 days.


Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):

6 Announcements
- All
Status/Discussion:

Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):

7 PCD F2F Meeting
- Todd
Status/Discussion:

Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):


Next Meeting

The next TC meeting will be June 17 PCD TC 2009-06-17 Webex

Discussion notes reviewed and affirmed at the TC WebEx session

PCD Home