PCD TC 2009-05-20 Webex

From IHE Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Patient Care Device Domain

Meeting Purpose

Regularly scheduled meeting of the PCD Technical Committee

WebEx Information

Topic: PCD Weekly Tcons

Date: Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Time: 11:00 am, Eastern Time (New York)

Duration: 60 Minutes

Proposed Agenda

Early list as placeholder; please add your suggestions

1. Agenda Approval
2. Review Discussion Summary: Joint PC and TC face to face meetings May 4-8 and Joint PC and TC meeting May 13 with attention to Action Items from the F2F PCD PC&TC 2009-05-04 to 08 F2F#Action Items Summary
3. Need to determine which version of HL7 2.x (2.6 preferred) will be used going forward.
4. IDCO ballot to release for public comment
5. Action Item Review
6. Additional Business
7. Next Meeting

Discussion Summary or Minutes and Action Items from Previous Meetings

Updated with TC meeting of April 22 and F2F of May 4-8

Discussion Summaries do not require formal approval, while minutes of meetings where votes are taken do. Participants are encouraged to review and bring up significant issues with discussion summaries of previous meetings. Votes will be taken to approve meetings where votes took place; these may be email ballots.

Significant changes, other than dates, will be in bold.

Number Action Owner Participants Due Date Status Comments
60 Update TF Todd, Ken John Rhoads 2009.05.08 OPEN Meetings have begun. The update will include PIB, SPD. Then it will be released for public comment (September). Todd asked for comments, suggestions. Ken has cleaned up Volume 1 in preparation for updating it.

Todd will ask the IHE Cochairs if the format must be changed to the new format or can be left as is. A Google Group has been established. Distribute the updated TF for use in this cycle’s implementation for the Connectathon. John Rhoads will prepare the CP for the TF. TC to set the date for the TF public comment release.

62 Incorporate Bar Coding into ADT implementations; which domain is responsible? Todd Co-chairs 2009.03.25 OPEN Can consistency be achieved for bar coding across vendors, domains? Todd has been in contact with HIBCC. Bar Coding and RFID as point of care identification: Lab and PCC are interested. Ken and Todd will develop a survey for the IHE Cochairs. Steven Dain recommended broadening the scope to include bar coding of drugs as related to medical devices. For example, Canada is looking at medication bar codes that would be used by infusion pumps. Todd, Ken will ask IHE if IHE should get involved. Ken noted that there are many organizations involved in this area; the question is “what would IHE’s role be?” Paul noted that a single set of drug identifiers would be beneficial. Todd noted that the Pharmacy Domain may be the appropriate focus.


66 Prepare profiles for registration. John Garguilo Al Engelbert, Todd Cooper, Robert Flanders. 2009.03.25 OPEN PCD likely won’t finalize the application until the TF has been updated and following the public comment period. Todd set up Google Group and Wiki Page to establish a baseline. The PCD will work with NIST for validation. John Garguilo believes two of the three profiles are now complete and correct in the MWB. It is anticipated that the other PCD transactions shall be registered after PCD-01 is complete. John Garguilo has requested that companies post their profiles at: PCD Year 3 Pre-Connectathon Testing FTP Site. John Garguilo will update the date.
77 Preparing proposal to HL7 for Pharmacy WG (new name) Gary Meyer Jeff Rinda, Al Engelbert 2009.07.01 OPEN Jeff noted this is not a critical issue, but the pharmacy group needs to address the issue. Todd will check with Gary Meyer. Change title to preparing proposal to HL7 for Pharmacy WG. They may not be interested in addressing this in this cycle (Atlanta the week of Sept. 21).

79 Change Proposal Tutorial 2009.05.08 OPEN ACM: clarify coding of multiple aspects of an alarm; PIV: clarify coding. change title to Change Proposal Tutorial – will take place at F2F
80 Monitor HITSP’s Work (also on PC list) Jan Wittenber Maria, Lisa Carnahan 2009.06.03 OPEN Jan is on the relevant tiger team. Jan and several PCD members will participate in developing the response. Maria will generate the materials, Jan will get it to HITSP, Lisa will contact HITSP and USHIK (within AHRQ).
81 Profile Optionality (should optional items be separate profiles?) John Rhoads 2009.06.03 OPEN Is this something we need to address by issuing separate profiles? Manny to ask Steve Moore about this issue. [Steve responded that this is up to the domain.]
82 OID for PCD Todd, John Garguilo 2009.06.03 OPEN Obtain OID.
83 MOUs Sandy 2009.06.03 OPEN Follow up MOU status with CIMIT, ASTM. It is on the ASTM executive meeting agenda next week.
84 Patient Identity and PCD Messages Todd, Khalid, Gary 2009.06.03 OPEN How best to accomplish this tie will be addressed in the white paper for further development as a supplement to PIB (Todd). Coordination with IEEE (-20103 CCOM) and ICE-PAC will be accomplished Jan. Draft a patient association brief profile proposal (Khalid). The A04 registration message is not the commonly used message, while A01 is used by hospitals at admission (Gary). Gary will review this issue and it will be factored into the CPs for publication and testing in the 2010 Connectathon.
85 NIST Tools for RTM Rob Snellick John Garguilo, Paul, Todd 2009.06.03 OPEN Engage and initiate discussions with Open Health Tools (OHT) to explore coordination - NIST, and PCD – John Garguilo and Rob Snellick. RTM Tool Usage Policy Team: Form a team to manage the introduction and release of the tool, including exploring the means to publicize the availability of the test tools and RTM project – Todd, Paul, John Garguilo
86 Test Tools Rob Snellick Manny 2009.06.03 OPEN NIST will explore a registry for MWB files (Rob). Manny to request PCD Connectathon WG to post MWB files.
87 IDCO Nick 2009.06.03 OPEN Is there another transaction for pushing an IDCO report?
88 Cycle 4 Supplement Status Ken, Todd 2009.06.03 OPEN Ken will convene a WCM meeting (Wednesday, May 13) to draft the Supplement. John Rhoad, Monroe, Paul offered to review the document. Todd will set DPI meeting.
89 2009.06.03 OPEN
90 2009.06.03 OPEN
91 2009.06.03 OPEN

Participants

Chair: John Rhoads (Philips)
Participating: Rita Brahmbhatt, Walter Dobbins, Robert Flanders, Ken Fuchs, Chad Hays, Jianguo Jiang, Steve Merritt, Mary Moewe, John Rhoads, Nick Steblay, Scott Zaffrin
Technical Project Manager: Manny Furst

Discussion

Item Topic Discussion
1 Introductions & Agenda Review
- Chair
Status/Discussion:

Decisions/Issues:

  • Agenda approved

Action(s):

2 Issues with Discussion Summary or Approval of Minutes
- Chair
Status/Discussion:
  • Discussion Summary of previous PC and TC Joint meeting yielded no changes

Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):

3 Action Items
- Chairs
Status/Discussion:
  • 60: Update TF - John Rhoads suggested members review and comment on the TF. He suggested emailing Todd with copies to Ken and himself.
  • 62: Incorporate Bar Coding into ADT implementations - The Domain Coordination Committee suggested that PCD address the issue. This doesn’t appear to be a natural issue for the PCD. John suggested that this be in the DPI White Paper and taken to the IEEE. He requested members consider any sources that may bear upon this. Move date to mid-June.
  • 66: Prepare profiles for registration - John requested that this be addressed early in the cycle. Change date to mid-July. Manny to request members post sample messages for past and future work and note any issues that need to be fixed.
  • 77: Ask HL7 to address gaps in v3 that affect PCD's ability to develop extensions to PIV -
  • 79: Change Proposals - Manny to clarify description. Change date to June 3.
  • 80: Monitor HITSP’s Work (also on PC list) - Device data is out of scope for this portion of their work at prioritizing their work consistent with the ARRA. The device effort will likely resume in mid-July.
  • 81: Profile Optionality (should optional items be separate profiles?) - John Rhoads will look at separating PIB and SPD as profiles rather than options, determining what that entails. PCD will then consider making the change.
  • 82: OID for PCD - Manny to check for OID.
  • 83: MOUs - No change.
  • 84: Patient Identity and PCD Messages - No change.
  • 85: NIST Tools for RTM - No change.
  • 86: Test Tools -
  • 87: IDCO - ICDO is looking for alternatives. The PCD TC ballot to release the supplement for public comment is open until Monday, June 1.
  • 88: Cycle 4 Supplement and White Paper Status - Anticipated release dates are:
PIV - June 1
RTM - June 1
WCM - September 1
White Papers: DPI and MEM will be available this summer.

Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):

4 Announcements
- All
Status/Discussion:
  • No announcements were offered.

Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):


Next Meeting

The next TC meeting will be June 3 PCD TC 2009-06-03 Webex

PCD Home