PCD TC 2009-03-11 Webex

From IHE Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Patient Care Device Domain

Meeting Purpose

Regularly scheduled meeting of the PCD Technical Committee

WebEx Information

Topic: PCD Weekly Tcons

Date: Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Time: 11:00 am, Eastern Time (New York)

Duration: 60 Minutes

Proposed Agenda

1. Agenda Approval
2. Review Discussion Summaries
  • 2009.03.04 WebEx; Summary from last TC meeting was reviewed during the PC & TC meeting last week.
3. TC Cycle 4 Detailed Propoals and Supplements
- Work Plan Phasing Discussion
- Review QBD & WCM Support Doodle Poll
- Review Detailed Proposals
- Review ITI Editor's Guidelines wiki page & graphic
4. Change Proposals
5. News / Announcements / Status Updates
- Spring F2F Discussion
- Connectathon / Showcase Update
- IHE & Bar code / RFID Profiling
- IHE-IEEE MoU Update
- HITSP RMON & CDC Use Case Update
- IDC & Cardiology Domain Coordination
- HITSP Coordination
- CMDC Use Case Report
- RMON SDE#2 Report
- ICE-PAC Update
- HL7 v3 Support - Update
6. Action Item Review
7. Additional Business
8. Next Meeting

Discussion Summary or Minutes and Action Items from Previous Meetings

Discussion Summaries do not require formal approval, while minutes of meetings where votes are taken do. Participants are encouraged to review and bring up significant issues with discussion summaries of previous meetings. Votes will be taken to approve meetings where votes took place; these may be email ballots.

Updated with Feb. 18 and the Mar. 4 PC & TC joint meeting Significant changes, other than dates, will be in bold.

Number Action Owner Participants Due Date Status Comments
60 Update TF Todd, Ken John Rhoads 2009.03.25 OPEN Meetings have begun. The update will include PIB, SPD. Then it will be released for public comment (September). Todd asked for comments, suggestions. Ken has cleaned up Volume 1 in preparation for updating it.

Todd will ask the IHE Cochairs if the format must be changed to the new format or can be left as is. A Google Group has been established. Distribute the updated TF for use in this cycle’s implementation for the Connectathon. John Rhoads will prepare the CP for the TF.

62 Incorporate Bar Coding into ADT implementations; which domain is responsible? Todd Co-chairs 2009.03.25 OPEN Can consistency be achieved for bar coding across vendors, domains? Todd has been in contact with HIBCC. Bar Coding and RFID as point of care identification: Lab and PCC are interested. Ken and Todd will develop a survey for the IHE Cochairs. Steven Dain recommended broadening the scope to include bar coding of drugs as related to medical devices. For example, Canada is looking at medication bar codes that would be used by infusion pumps.
66 Prepare profiles for registration. John Garguilo Al Engelbert, Todd Cooper, Robert Flanders. 2009.03.25 OPEN PCD likely won’t finalize the application until the TF has been updated and following the public comment period. Todd set up Google Group and Wiki Page to establish a baseline. The PCD will work with NIST for validation. John Garguilo believes two of the three profiles are now complete and correct in the MWB. It is anticipated that the other PCD transactions shall be registered after PCD-01 is complete. John Garguilo has requested that companies post their profiles at: PCD Year 3 Pre-Connectathon Testing FTP Site.
73 Take the MSH-7 issue to HL7 for review and appropriate action on PAM Todd 2009.03.11 OPEN
76 RTM tests for the upcoming Connectathon. John Garguilo, Manny 2009.03.25 OPEN This test will likely be limited to the Virtual Connectathon. To accommodate the RTM profile, which has no transactions, the PCD-01 transaction and a selected (set of?) test case(s) defined in the last cycle (2007 – 08) with a decided upon updated set of specific parameters. Also see #66.
77 Ask HL7 to address gaps in v3 that affect PCD's ability to develop extensions to PIV. Ken Fuchs Jeff Rinda, Gary Meyer 2009.03.11 OPEN Jeff noted this is not a critical issue, but the pharmacy group needs to address the issue. Todd will check with Gary Meyer.
79 Change Proposals OPEN ACM: clarify coding of multiple aspects of an alarm; PIV: clarify coding


Chair: Todd Cooper (Breakthrough Solutions), John Rhoads (Philips)
Jon Blasingame, Anupriyo Chakravarti, Todd Cooper, Bikram Day, Walter Dobbins, Al Engelbert, Robert Flanders, Ken Fuchs, John Garguilo, Christof Gessner, John Hotchkiss, Jianguo Jiang, Steve Merritt, Gary Meyer, Monroe Pattillo, John Rhoads, Jeff Rinda, Paul Schluter, Khalid Zubaidi, Manny Furst


Item Topic Discussion
1 Introductions & Agenda Review
- Chair


  • Agenda approved


2 Issues with Discussion Summary or Approval of Minutes
- Chair
  • Discussion Summary of previous TC meeting yielded no changes



3 PCD Profiles Considered for Supplement and White Paper Development
- Chair
  • Supplement Development:
- DPI White Paper - call tomorrow
- MEM White Paper – today
- WCM – deferred until later in the year



4 Showcase
- Todd
  • GE is working to have the EMR with DOC available and Internet testing will start next week.



5 Action Items
- Chairs
  • 60: Update TF - Deferred
  • 62: Incorporate Bar Coding into ADT implementations - Todd, Ken will ask IHE if it should get involved.
  • 66: Prepare profiles for registration - Deferred
  • 73: Take the MSH-7 PAM issue to HL7 - Change date to April 15.
  • 75: Review IHE.net TF page for accuracy re PCD entries - Deferred
  • 76: RTM tests for the upcoming Connectathon, add the test to Kudu - Close; will become an item next year. RTM will add ranges and limits to the table.
  • 77: Ask HL7 to address gaps in v3 that affect PCD's ability to develop extensions to PIV - Change Ken to Gary and change title to preparing proposal to HL7 for Pharmacy WG. They may not be interested in addressing this in this cycle (Atlanta the week of Sept. 21). Set date July 1. Add Al.
  • 79: Change Proposals - PCD will provide a tutorial on the process in two weeks.



6 Announcements
- All
  • ICE PAC – John provided Working with ASTM documents and tying the functionality requirements to regulatory concerns. Analyzing and modeling to meet requirements of use case that are under development.
  • HITSP RMON & CMDC Use Case: Continua continues to work on this, but will be public under a NDA – contact Ken, Todd or Paul for information. Friday HITSP meetings on the RMON subject. There is a question about HITSP’s requirement for existing standards.
  • IDC and Cardiology: A call is scheduled with Chris Carr to learn more. They may work within PCD until able to work within the Cardiology Domain.



7 PCD F2F Meeting
- Todd
  • Hotel close to NIST with $139 including breakfast and transportation. Limited availability.

Decisions/Issues: Action(s):

  • Cochairs will offer draft agenda
  • WGs will prepare CPs

Next Meeting

The next TC meeting will be PCD TC meeting 2009.03.25 WebEx;

PCD Home