PCD TC 2009-02-04 Webex

From IHE Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Patient Care Device Domain

Meeting Purpose

Regularly scheduled meeting of the PCD Technical Committee

WebEx Information

Topic: PCD Weekly Tcons

Date: Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Time: 11:00 am, Eastern Time (New York)

Duration: 60 Minutes

Proposed Agenda

1. Agenda Approval
2. Review Discussion Summaries
3. TC Cycle 4 Detailed Propoals Ballot Kickoff:
- Work Plan Phasing Discussion
- Review QBD & WCM Support Doodle Poll
- Ballot Template Review - RETURN ASAP!!!
- Review Detailed Proposals
- Review ITI Editor's Guidelines wiki page & graphic
4. News / Announcements / Status Updates
- Spring F2F Discussion
- Connectathon / Showcase Update
- IHE & Bar code / RFID Profiling
- IHE-IEEE MoU Update
- HITSP RMON & CDC Use Case Update
5. Action Item Review
6. Additional Business
7. Next Meeting

Discussion Summary or Minutes and Action Items from Previous Meetings

Discussion Summaries do not require formal approval, while minutes of meetings where votes are taken do. Participants are encouraged to review and bring up significant issues with discussion summaries of previous meetings. Votes will be taken to approve meetings where votes took place; these may be email ballots.

Action Items from Jan. 21 Significant changes, other than dates, will be in bold.

Number Action Owner Participants Due Date Status Comments
60 Update TF Todd, Ken John Rhoads 2009.02.04 OPEN Meetings have begun. The update will include PIB, SPD. Then it will be released for public comment (September). Todd asked for comments, suggestions. Ken has cleaned up Volume 1 in preparation for updating it.

Todd will ask the IHE Cochairs if the format must be changed to the new format or can be left as is. A Google Group has been established. Distribute the updated TF for use in this cycle’s implementation for the Connectathon. John Rhoads will prepare the CP for the TF.

62 Incorporate Bar Coding into ADT implementations; which domain is responsible? Todd Co-chairs 2009.02.04 OPEN Can consistency be achieved for bar coding across vendors, domains? Todd has been in contact with HIBCC. Todd will add to Future Topics Agenda of Domain Cochairs.
66 Prepare profiles for registration. John Garguilo Al Engelbert, Todd Cooper, Robert Flanders. 2009.01.21 OPEN PCD likely won’t finalize the application until the TF has been updated and following the public comment period. Todd set up Google Group and Wiki Page to establish a baseline. The PCD will work with NIST for validation. Goal is to get PCD-01 working in MWB + NIST v2 tools, then vendor testing. It is anticipated that the other PCD transactions shall be registered after PCD-01 is complete. John Garguilo sent an email with this update: "Basically, the update is: we still need valid HL7 profiles (likely derived in Message Workbench [MWB]) for each of the ACM, PIV, and DEC (including the PIB and SPD supplements). I was/am hoping the companies (or leads on the profiles) have been working on getting correct HL7 (MWB) profiles. Companies were requested to post their profiles at: PCD Year 3 Pre-Connectathon Testing FTP Site."
73 Take the MSH-7 issue to HL7 for review and appropriate action on PAM Todd 2009.01.21 OPEN
76 RTM tests for the upcoming Connectathon. John Garguilo, Manny 2009.01.21 OPEN This test will likely be limited to the Virtual Connectathon. To accommodate the RTM profile, which has no transactions, the PCD-01 transaction and a selected (set of?) test case(s) defined in the last cycle (2007 – 08) with a decided upon updated set of specific parameters.
77 Ask HL7 to address gaps in v3 that affect PCD's ability to develop extensions to PIV. Ken Fuchs Jeff Rinda, Gary Meyer 2009.02.04 OPEN Jeff noted this is not a critical issue, but the pharmacy group needs to address the issue. Todd will check with Gary Meyer.
78 OPEN
OPEN

Participants

Chair: Todd Cooper (Breakthrough Solutions), John Rhoads (Philips)
Todd Cooper, Steve Dain, Bikram Day, Al Engelbert, Robert Flanders, Ken Fuchs, John Garguilo, Christof Gessner, Rich Hillman, John Hotchkiss, Steve Merritt, Gary Meyer, Monroe Pattillo, John Rhoads, Paul Schluter, Khalid Zubaidi, Manny Furst

Discussion

Item Topic Discussion
1 Introductions & Agenda Review
- Chair
Status/Discussion:

Decisions/Issues:

  • Agenda approved

Action(s):

2 Issues with Discussion Summary or Approval of Minutes
- Chair
Status/Discussion:
  • Discussion Summary of previous TC meeting yielded no changes

Decisions/Issues:


Action(s):

3 PCD Profiles Considered for Supplement and White Paper Development
- Chair
Status/Discussion:
  • Ballot on Detailed Profile Proposals was distributed and members were encouraged to vote ASAP and not wait for the two week cycle. Results will be released early if and when votes are more than sufficient to determine the outcome. The ballot will remain open for two weeks to permit all eligible to retain or obtain voting privileges.
  • Todd showed the Cycle 4 Work Plan Work Plan Phasing with projected phasing of the various projects. All projects are not developed on the same timeline. Completion of a phase appropriate to a profile is scheduled for the F2F the beginning of May.
  • Goals include:
- Release of DPI White Paper for public comment in the middle of May, while the actual Supplement would be released for public comment the end of July. DPI DnA and DPI DR are straight forward. DPI SYM has some risk of needing standards support.
- Semantic Architecture will likely not begin until Summer and continue in Cycle 5.
- RTM will continue. Paul estimated that the table is 80% complete. A revised table, with tabs aligned with ISO, will be available in about a month except for ventilator and respiratory terms. aECG will be added as well.
- John Garguilo indicated that NIST will update their tables to match. This is shown as RTMMS (RTM Management System).
- MEM appears to have sufficient support to proceed.
- MEM, WCM and the ACM extension should be available for review at the F2F.
- It is questionable if QBD can be supported in this cycle. Ken suggested that there may be a PCC profile that is similar. Paul suggested that SPD may be readily extended to QBD. QED (PCC) is a version 3 profile. Christof agreed that QED may be close to the QBD concept. He offered to look into this. Paul asked if PCD wants to have a preconfigured waveform sample for alarm distribution of evidentiary data.
- Paul noted that Continua will be interested in waveform snippets. For PCD profiles in RMON, PCD will need at least waveform snippets in Interface #2.
- Paul asked if WCM using multiple samples in PCD-01 would be an appropriate approach. Todd responded by saying that the decision can be made in the WCM WG.
  • The ballot was described, with two pages – for/against/abstention and on the second page, names of volunteers.

Todd indicated that the ITI editing guideline is becoming a general IHE process. Specifically, it defines the workflow and process.

Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):

4 Action Items
- Chairs
Status/Discussion:
  • Dates will be adjusted
  • 60: Update TF -
  • 62: Incorporate Bar Coding into ADT implementations - Bar Coding and RFID as point of care identification: Lab and PCC are interested. Ken and Todd will develop a survey for the IHE Cochairs.
  • 66: Prepare profiles for registration -
  • 73: Take the MSH-7 PAM issue to HL7 -
  • 75: Review IHE.net TF page for accuracy re PCD entries -
  • 76: RTM tests for the upcoming Connectathon, add the test to Kudu -
  • 77: Ask HL7 to address gaps in v3 that affect PCD's ability to develop extensions to PIV -

Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):

5 Announcements
- All
Status/Discussion:
  • IEEE MOU will be finalized at this month’s IHE Board Meeting.
  • HITSP RMON and CDC Use Case: Continua is developing a high level requirements list. The next HITSP meeting will be held near the end of Feb.

Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):

Next Meeting

The next TC meeting will be February 18: PCD_TC_2009-02-18_Webex

PCD Home