PCD TC 2009-01-21 Webex
Patient Care Device Domain
Regularly scheduled meeting of the PCD Technical Committee
Topic: PCD Weekly Tcons
Date: Wednesday, January 21, 2009
Time: 11:00 am, Eastern Time (New York )
Duration: 60 Minutes
- 1. Agenda Approval
- 2. Review Discussion Summaries
- 3. News / Announcements
- Ballot Status Update
- Orlando Reprise
- Connectathon / Showcase Update
- IHE-IEEE MoU Update
- HITSP CDC Use Case Call for Participation
- Spring F2F Discussion
- 4. Action Item Review
- 5. Profile Proposal Review
- 6. Rosetta Table Tag Harmonization (esp. w/ aECG)
- 7. Additional Business
Discussion Summary or Minutes and Action Items from Previous Meetings
Discussion Summaries do not require formal approval, while minutes of meetings where votes are taken do. Participants are encouraged to review and bring up significant issues with discussion summaries of previous meetings. Votes will be taken to approve meetings where votes took place; these may be email ballots.
Action Items from Jan. 7
Number Action Owner Participants Due Date Status Comments 60 Update TF Todd, Ken John Rhoads 2009.02.04 OPEN Meetings have begun. The update will include PIB, SPD. Then it will be released for public comment (September). Todd asked for comments, suggestions. Ken has cleaned up Volume 1 in preparation for updating it.
Todd will ask the IHE Cochairs if the format must be changed to the new format or can be left as is. A Google Group has been established. Distribute the updated TF for use in this cycle’s implementation for the Connectathon. John Rhoads will prepare the CP for the TF.
62 Incorporate Bar Coding into ADT implementations; which domain is responsible? Todd Co-chairs 2009.01.21 OPEN Can consistency be achieved for bar coding across vendors, domains? Todd has been in contact with HIBCC. Todd will add to Future Topics Agenda of Domain Cochairs. 66 Prepare profiles for registration. John Garguilo Al Engelbert, Todd Cooper, Robert Flanders. 2009.01.21 OPEN PCD likely won’t finalize the application until the TF has been updated and following the public comment period. Todd set up Google Group and Wiki Page to establish a baseline. The PCD will work with NIST for validation. Goal is to get PCD-01 working in MWB + NIST v2 tools, then vendor testing. It is anticipated that the other PCD transactions shall be registered after PCD-01 is complete. John Garguilo sent an email with this update: "Basically, the update is: we still need valid HL7 profiles (likely derived in Message Workbench [MWB]) for each of the ACM, PIV, and DEC (including the PIB and SPD supplements). I was/am hoping the companies (or leads on the profiles) have been working on getting correct HL7 (MWB) profiles. Companies were requested to post their profiles at: PCD Year 3 Pre-Connectathon Testing FTP Site." 73 Take the MSH-7 issue to HL7 for review and appropriate action on PAM Todd 2009.01.21 OPEN 75 Review IHE.net TF page for accuracy re PCD entries. Todd 2009.01.21 OPEN 76 RTM tests for the upcoming Connectathon, add the test to Kudu. John Garguilo, Manny 2009.01.21 OPEN A potential approach to validate messages and record them (in Kudu) for this current cycle (i.e., 2008-09)was discussed. This approach could be used for the Pre-Connectathon, Virtual-Connectathon, and Connectathon. This test will likely be limited to the Virtual Connectathon. To accommodate the RTM profile, which has no transactions, the PCD-01 transaction and a selected (set of?) test case(s) defined in the last cycle (2007 – 08) with a decided upon updated set of specific parameters. 77 Ask HL7 to address gaps in v3 that affect PCD's ability to develop extensions to PIV. Ken Fuchs Jeff Rinda, Gary Meyer 2009.01.21 OPEN Jeff noted this is not a critical issue, but the pharmacy group needs to address the issue. Todd will check with Gary Meyer. 78 OPEN OPEN
- Chair: Todd Cooper (Breakthrough Solutions), John Rhoads (Philips)
- Anupriyo Chakravarti, Bikram Day, Robert Flanders, Ken Fuchs, John Garguilo, Christof Gessner, Steve Merritt, Jeff Rinda, Paul Schluter, Jan Wittenber, Khalid Zubaidi, Manny Furst
Item Topic Discussion 1 Introductions & Agenda Review
- Agenda approved
2 Issues with Discussion Summary or Approval of Minutes
- Discussion Summary of previous TC meeting 2009.01.07 WebEx yielded no changes
3 PCD Profiles
- John Rhoads, Steve Merritt are looking forward to having their detailed profile proposals ready Feb. 1.
- Paul is working to harmonize the tags in the Rosetta table to reconcile them with IEEE IDC tables. This will be a topic for the RTM meeting on Jan. 28.
- Next weeks RTM call will address the bed terminology, RTM tags, and Christof’s update.
- Review of the votes to progress to Detailed Profile Proposals led to a recommendation to focus on WCM and postpone QBD.
- Official validation of the votes to progress the Brief Profile Proposals to Detailed Profile Proposals awaits update of the committee voting roster. The outcome of the vote on all but two are not in doubt.
- There is a 2 pm EST meeting today with Peter Rontey to resolve issues with the PCD HL7 2.5 MWB profile. This is an essential step toward NIST's development of the validation tool for the various PCD profiles.
4 Orlando IEEE/HL7 Meeting
- Todd noted that PCD was successful in getting 11073 terms (Rosetta), and terms developed by other organizations will be addressed by International Health Standards Organization, CDISC, SNOMED, and others in April.
- Christof presented UCUM to the HL7 vocabulary group. He will now take the issue to ISO.
- ICE PAC efforts were discussed in Orlando and on Monday of this week. Discussion confirmed that the effort was going in the right direction.
- Meetings with HL7 about regulated drugs and devices addressed device id, regulation of clinical trials, … . The result was agnostic, not adequate for devices.
- There may be an FDA call for a meeting about UDI on Feb. 12, http://www.fda.gov/OHRMS/DOCKETS/98fr/E9-784.htm (TODD”S BD).
- IDC pacemaker effort is going forward. If the Cardiology Domain doesn’t support this, PCD may be asked to do so.
- NIST efforts were reviewed and addressed. John Garguilo demonstrated an early version of the RTM validation system. The ICS Generator will now permit addition of private profiles. A new version should be available Friday.
- Action Item: John, Todd to contact Advamed to learn more.
5 Action Items
- 60: Update TF - Change date to Feb. 4
- 62: Incorporate Bar Coding into ADT implementations - Change date to Feb. 4
- 66: Prepare profiles for registration -
- 73: Take the MSH-7 PAM issue to HL7 -
- 75: Review IHE.net TF page for accuracy re PCD entries - Move to Planning Committee
- 76: RTM tests for the upcoming Connectathon, add the test to Kudu - Update to reflect that tests, if any, will be conducted as part of Virtual Connectathon testing.
- 77: Ask HL7 to address gaps in v3 that affect PCD's ability to develop extensions to PIV - Change date to Feb. 4.
- Ken updated the IHE/IEEE MOU. The ability to reference and include portions of IEEE standards was added and the IEEE has accepted the added wording. The IHE Board will vote on this Feb. 12 and it will then be sent for formal approval to the IEEE. Kathleen Kush, the PCD IEEE liaison was at the Orlando meeting and the relationship appears solid.
- HITSP Common Device Connectivity (CDC) Use Case Call for Participation: Todd recommended subscribing to this working group. To join send a note to Todd or John.
7 PCD F2F Meeting
- PCD F2F will take place either the week of April 20 or May 4. It will be a full week, extending it a couple of days to include the IEEE HL7 health WG on Thursday and Friday. This will precede or follow other international standards meetings.
The next TC meeting will be Febuary 4, 2009: PCD_TC_2009-02-04_Webex