PCD RTM 2008-05-15 WebEx
IHE PCD RTM Ventilator Task Group review of minutes and action items from Cambridge face-to-face meeting 2008-04-21 to 23. Discuss group's purpose and work plan.
Topic: IHE PCD RTM Vent TG
Date: Thursday, May 15, 2008>
Time: 12:00 am, Eastern Daylight Time (GMT -04:00, New York)
Duration: 60 Minutes
Meeting Number: 922 677 544
Meeting Password: Rosetta
Please click the link below to see more information, or to join the meeting.
To join the online meeting
1. Go to Go to meeting page.'''
If possible, please log onto this page and get your participant number to enter into the phone call before dialing.
2. Enter your name and email address.
3. Enter the meeting password.
4. Click "Join Now".
To join the teleconference only
Call-in toll-free number (US/Canada): 866-469-3239
Call-in toll number (US/Canada): 1-650-429-3300
Toll-free dialing restrictions: http://www.webex.com/pdf/tollfree_restrictions.pdf
Attachments / Materials
- Chair/Host: Todd Cooper (IHE PCD TC Co-Chair)
- Participants: Steve Dain (ISO/TC121/SC3, Robert Flanders (GE), Chip Furniss (Philips/Respironics), Manny Furst (IHE PCD), Joel Halle (Cardinal/VIASYS), Ken Marks (GE), Andrew Norton (IOTA), Paul Schluter (GE)
- <Adjust table rows per meeting needs>
Item Topic Discussion 1 Introductions & Agenda Review
Status/Discussion: Reviewed & approved agenda.
2 Approval of Minutes
Status/Discussion: Reviewed minutes from 2008-04-16 WebEx and 2008-04-24 Cambridge F2F
Decisions/Issues: Minutes approved
3 Action Items Review
Status/Discussion: All action items from the F2F were completed except for #2 where various members were going to apply the modality semantics to various sample modes.
Action(s): Complete the test operational mode analysis for presentation & evaluation at the next WebEx session.
4 Mode Semantics
- The F2F summaries by Marks and Schluter were reviewed. In general, though no additional presentations were made during this meetings, company-internal reviews of the mode semantics had been conducted and the feedback was generally positive - though it was clear that additinal semantics would have to be defined.
- An additional attribute was agreed: Assist/Support Breath Augmentation (though the final title was TBD)
- The need for coordinating these semantics with the definitions coming from the ISO TC121/SC3 working group was discussed and agreed. Steve Dain indicated that he would provide some background information for that group's activities + will report on the results of the upcoming London meetings and discuss at the TG's 7/10 WebEx session.
- Label vs. component semantics or mode attributes - there was another discussion regarding whether specific labels should be used (e.g., mandatory vs. spontaneous or vendor-specific mode labels); it was emphasized that this Vent TG activity is focused on identifying the component semantics that could be combined to express the meaning behind a given ventilator operational model label, but that those labels are not part of this standardization activity.
- (Group) Complete analysis of their assigned vent modes per the proposed component semantics.
- (Dain) Provide background info to group re. ISO TC121/SC3's mode terminology work
- (Dain) Provide an update of SC3's deliberations after the London meetings and then discuss during the PCD Vent TG's 7/10 WebEx session.
- (Cooper) Update wiki pages for this group's activities.
- (Cooper) Provide vent anotations analysis per previous standardization work
5 Next Meeting
Status/Discussion: A general topics list was discussed.
- 2008-05-29 (Lead: Schluter)
- Review mode semantics exercise results
- Review ISO TC121/SC3 information
- Discuss waveforms
- Discuss Breath-to-Breath Annotations
- Settings groupings per vent mode
- Information model review (ISO 11073-10201)
- Review results of discussion from ISO TC121/SC3
2008-05-29 (Lead: Schluter)
(Reviewed & approved by PCD RTM Vent TG 2008-06-12)