PCD PC 2011-06-08 Webex
Patient Care Device Domain
PC Regularly Scheduled Meeting
Topic: PCD Planning Committee
- Regularly Scheduled Meeting Time
Date: Wednesday, June 8, 2011
Time: 11:00 am, Eastern Time (New York)
Duration: 60 Minutes
- 1. Agenda Approval
- 2. Review Discussion Summaries: Joint Planning and Technical Committee May 25 PCD PC&TC 2011-05-25 Webex
- 3. F2F Action Items PCD_PC&TC_2011-05-10_to_13_F2F
- 4. PCD User Handbook 2011 Edition
- 5. AAMI Mini-Showcase
- 6. Technical Framework Final Text
- - Ballot Process
- 7. Supplement Status Updates
- Event Comm
- 8. Action Item Review
- 9. Next and Recent Meetings
- 10. Additional Business
Action Items from Previous Meetings
Significant changes, other than dates, will be in bold.
- Chair: Steve Merritt
- Bikram Day, Al Engelbert, Robert Flanders, John Garguilo, Roy Kerns, Khalil Maalouf, Steve Merritt, Monroe Pattillo, John Rhoads, Jeff Rinda, Paul Schluter, Erin Sparnon, Khalid Zubaidi, Manny Furst
Discussion Summaries do not require formal approval, while minutes of meetings where votes are taken do. Participants are encouraged to review and bring up significant issues with discussion summaries of previous meetings. Votes will be taken to approve meetings where votes took place; these may be email ballots.
Item Topic Discussion 1 Introductions & Agenda Review
- Agenda approved
2 Discussion Summary or Approval of Minutes
- Discussion Summary of previous meeting was accepted
3 Agenda Item 3
- Steve Merritt
F2F Action Items:
- - Iona will document the PCD RTM as a "best practice" exemplifying the use of tight structure and rigorous definitions which produce specific coding for each element of the data. PCD with Christel’s assistance will need to find a way to promulgate the message. June 8, 2011: Paul suggested that this include other accomplishments. Paul, John Garguilo will join. Khalil suggested this be directed to IHE domains as well. September.
- - The PC agenda will include review of the Final Text (FT) process and seek consensus on proceeding without a redundant ballot. June 8, 2011: A description of the changes revealed that the largest change was to move RTM to an appendix. Other changes were minor. Those present agreed that the TC ballot is sufficient. The Action Item was therefore completed.
- - ACM will prepare CPs to remove AA actor and the AM to AR transaction until developers/vendors are interested. (Technical Committee, addressed later). June 8, 2011: Ballots close June 20. Completed.
- - Erin will solicit PCD representatives to the forthcoming AAMI Alarm Safety Committee. June 8, 2011: Monroe and Jeff. Paul expressed interest. The meeting is October 4, 5 and more information is available at aami.org/alarm.
- - Recruiting clinician participation in PCD:
- o Christel will schedule PCD for one of her monthly meetings with clinical informatics professionals. Erin and Ioana will conduct the presentation. Ken will add some “to do” items.
- o Christel can help arrange for PCD interaction with nursing informatics professionals through ANI which has 20 some odd member organizations. Deadline: September
- - Recruiting IT and nursing informatics professionals for participation in PCD:
- o Christel encouraged PCD members to submit proposals for presentations at HIMSS12. The HIMSS12 Call for Proposals is open until May 23: http://www.himss.org/ASP/education_annualConf_callProposal.asp June 8, 2011: Ken submitted. Close.
- o Christel suggested PCD take advantage of the many HIMSS publications, from formal peer reviewed JHIMSS to informal. June 8, 2011: Steve will lead, starting with MEM. September.
- o Christel will conduct a PCD-focused survey: she described her recent survey and her focus on integration into the EMR and preparation for the PCD-focused survey to be distributed soon. June 8, 2011: Christel will conduct the survey. Due July.
- - Consider a "new directions" demonstration of MEM at HIMSS12 and use it to recruit CMMS and RTLS vendors. Manny to lead. June 8, 2011: Monroe noted that the message content is less important than the concept and he can display it. September.
- - Bob Porterfield, Monroe and Rob will actively recruit ACs and phone companies. June 8, 2011: Due mid-August, Monroe will lead.
- Manny to notify Christel of the desire to proceed with the HIMSS survey.
- Manny to notify Sandy, John of the desire to demonstrate MEM.
4 Agenda Items
- As Noted
4. User Handbook: Steve is working on the handbook. When ready it will be reviewed by the PC prior to public comment.
5. AAMI Mini-Showcase: All is going well. Monroe requested vendors that have their own booth display a small sign calling attention to the demonstration in Booth 113. Manny noted that the AAMI Board will consider their participation as the third cosponsor of PCD. If all parties agree (IHE, HIMSS, ACCE) we will seek to publicize this.
6. TF: See above.
7. Supplement Updates:
- ADQ: Participation this week was minimal. Discussion followed about the need and process for sending an agenda a couple of days prior to the meeting as a way to remind participants as well as to appeal to others who may become interested in the development.
- Events: Pump WG anticipates completing its effort within the next couple of weeks. This will be balloted by the TC. It will hopefully be completed in time for the upcoming Connectathon process.
- PCIM: Robert reported on their first meeting this week. The next meeting will take place next week and then on alternate weeks on Tuesday at 11 am ET.
- RTM Vent: Todays meeting is the last before the ISO meeting next week.
OTHER: John Garguilo noted that Steve Moore, Chris Carr and others are at NIST and discussions included how best IHE can market IHE products. Steve Moore and those present are discussing how to improve their testing process. Monroe noted that IPv6 deadlines are approaching and asked how NIST and IHE are addressing this. John reported that those in the meeting are concerned about test cases and their availability by the due date.
8. Action Items:
- 93: Certification: June 8, 2011: Paul noted that Continua is satisfied with their process and has placed this on hold for now. John Garguilo reported that the agreement between Continua and NIST will go to the Continua Board shortly.
- 103: Close
- 105: Change date to July 13.
The next meetings are:
PC June 22, 2011 PCD PC 2011-06-22 Webex
TC June 15, 2011 PCD TC 2011-06-15 Webex