PCD PC&TC 2010-02-03 Webex
Patient Care Device Domain
Joint PC, TC Meeting in Place of Regularly Scheduled Individual Committee Meeting
Topic: PCD Joint Meeting
- Preparation for Connectathon next week
- Discussion of Detailed Profile Proposals
- Recruiting Vendors to Develop Supplements
Date: Wednesday, February 3, 2010
Time: 11:00 am, Eastern Time (New York)
Duration: 60 Minutes
- Agenda Approval
- Review Discussion Summary: January 6 PCD PC&TC 2010-01-06 Webex
- Connectathon Follow-Up Discussion
- Review Showcase Preparations
- Spring F2F Update
- Connectivity vs. Interoperability - Definitions & Usage Discussion
- January Standards Meeting (Phoenix) Report
- FDA Interoperability Workshop Report
- Review Survey Data
- HITSP Update: Final TN905 Published + HITSP Successor
- Coordination on Continua-PCD "WAN" Scheduling + CP Review
- Discussion of Detailed Profile Proposals and Recruiting Vendors to Develop Supplements
- Action Item Review
- Additional Business
- Next Meetings
Action Items from Previous Meetings
Significant changes, other than dates, will be in bold.
- Chair: Todd Cooper (Breakthrough Solutions), Ken Fuchs (Draeger)
- Terry Bettis, Todd Cooper, Bikram Day, Al Engelbert, Robert Flanders, Ken Fuchs, John Garguilo, Rich Hillman, Sarah Hopkins, Roy Kerns, John Leung, Brad Lunde, Gary Meyer, Monroe Pattillo, John Rhoads, Jeff Rinda, Paul Schluter, Erin Sparnon, Greg Staudenmaier, Serafina Versaggi, Scott Zaffrin, Khalid Zubaidi, Manny Furst
Discussion Summaries do not require formal approval, while minutes of meetings where votes are taken do. Participants are encouraged to review and bring up significant issues with discussion summaries of previous meetings. Votes will be taken to approve meetings where votes took place; these may be email ballots.
Item Topic Discussion 1 Introductions & Agenda Review
- Agenda approved
2 Issues with Discussion Summary or Approval of Minutes
- Discussion Summary of previous meeting was accepted
- The Connectathon went well, with a few exceptions. GE Enterprise EHR was not successful. Ruth is testing with partners over the Internet this week. Anyone who will be sending data to her is requested to contact her.
- Deferred discussion of the post-Connectathon survey until the WG can review.
- On track, with documents for 3 walls posted to ftp site. Deadline for posters is Friday; anything after that will have to be produced elsewhere.
5 Detailed Profile Proposals
- Device Integration Profiles Guidance
- Device Integration – General Content Profile
- Device to Patient Association
- Event Communication - Content Profile
5 Action Items
- PC Action Item review: Manny to contact Ray re stakeholder survey
- HL7 Meeting in Phoenix: Todd summarized, noting that it was a positive meeting, with increasing visibility of version 3 and cross walk between Snomed and11073.
- Workshop at FDA: Regulators were well represented. The FDA will develop a trial implementation as a learning experience. Ken recommended active engagement with the FDA to be sure PCD/IHE is not overlooked as regulations are addressed. Paul noted that Continua has offered to lead a portion of the effort. Ken noted that the presentations and video will be posted someplace. Todd noted there are no models for “ad hoc” integrated systems. Paul suggested PCD submit an 510K for this purpose, but the FDA does not want to address a hypothetical system.
- HITSP was given a no cost extension for a few months while the government develops and sends an RFP for the successor function. Todd noted that the certification requirements have not been issued by ONC and that has priority for their attention.
- Paul will provide CPs to assure compatibility with Continua and RMON. They will on the TC agenda next week.
- Interoperability vs Connectivity vs Integration; Ken lead a discussion of these various terms and usage. GET LINK He described the various “levels” of connectedness and observed that the hierarchy leads from “connectivity” to “interoperability” and to certification. Todd raised questions about “interoperability” vs “integration”, noting the discussion at the FDA meeting.
8 PCD Spring F2F Meeting
- Would like it to be on West Coast and have that venue in the mix. Fall back position is Chicago.
The next meeting will be a TC meeting on February 10, 2010 PCD TC 2010-02-10 Webex