PCD PC 2008-08-13 Webex

From IHE Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Patient Care Device Domain

Meeting Purpose

Routine Meeting of the Planning Committee


WebEx Information

Topic: Patient Care Device Domain

Date: August 13, 2008

Time: 11:00 am, Eastern Daylight Time (GMT -04:00, New York)

Duration: 60 Minutes

Proposed Agenda

1 Introductions and Agenda Review
2 Approval of Minutes of July 30 PCD PC 2008-07-30 Webex
3 Action Items
4 New Profile Proposals
  • Wiki Page for Y4 Profile Proposal Tracking
  • "DEC.b" Profile Proposal
  • DEC Waveform Data Support Profile Proposal
  • Medical Equipment Management (MEM) Profile Proposal
  • Point-of-Care Integration (PnP) Profile Proposal (continuing)
  • Device Specialization Profiles:
- Ventilator Specialization
- Infusion Device Specialization
- Physiological Monitor Specialization
  • Current Profile Revision Proposals
- DEC
- DEC.pib
- DEC.spd
- ACM
- PIV
- RTM
5 Additional Business

Attachments / Materials

Minutes for Approval: PCD PC 2008-07-16 Webex AND/OR PCD PC 2008-07-30 Webex

Action Items Brought Forward from July 30.

No. Action Item Owner Participants Due Open/Closed Description/Update
41 Monitor FDA actions on Universal Device ID Jeff Secunda October 1, 2008 Open FDA announced that nothing will happen before the election.
44 Define relationship between IEEE standards and IHE profiles; the role of the PCD in determining this relationship. Todd Cooper October 1, 2008 Open Elliot arranged for Didi to forward the current HL7 draft to IEEE for review as a template. That one is complete and signatures added. This MOU addresses intellectual property exchanges. Change date to Oct. 1.
66 Analysis of Survey Results Ray July 30, 2008 Open
69 Recruit Champions for development of Profiles, e.g., document transfer Ken October 1, 2008 Open Extensions to ACM, waveform segments, MEM, PnP likely.
70 Coordinate 12 lead ECG effort with Cardiology domain Ray August 13, 2008 Open Depends upon Cardiology Domain's success in finding sponsors.
71 Recruit clinicians; develop novel ways, attend to their priorities and schedules Ken, Manny None Open A few replies were recieved from Ken's email indicating nurses would not be able to participate in PC. Todd indicated that RTM ventilator WG has successfully recruited physicians. Profile development may be a reasonable initial focus for involvement and perhaps lead to further involvement in PCD. Paul had earlier suggested a booth at at ACC, other meetings. Liase with standards groups such as ASTM, professional societies.
72 Press releases as recruiting tool Manny August 27, 2008 Open Manny requested suggestions for publications (email and print) to send press releases. Ray suggested we develop a feed to the new CE/IT community. Steve Campbell at AAMI, Joyce and Christel Anderson for HIMSS, and Steve Grimes and Ray Zambuto for ACCE. Manny will provide a draft addressing the release of the Trial Implementation versions. This item and item 71 will be coordinated.
73 How to accommodate participation of non-members Cochairs August 13, 2008 Open Questions remain about IP aspect of IHE membership. PCD needs to find a way for public participation in developing profile proposals and to clarify how to go beyond that in developing supplements. Need to schedule a webinar with Didi, Chris, IHE's IP attorney. PCD Cochairs to continue discussion. Ray to call Didi, Chris to follow up. Todd will take to next cochairs Aug. 5.
74 Mapping PCD into v3 CDA with relevance to RTM Todd Peter Hendler August 13, 2008 Open Todd: VA was planning to move forward about use of CDA. He will talk with James McCain. Peter: Kaiser and VA working to trade documents as part of NHIN project.
Goal is to assure the appropriate set of documents is included the appropriate location in CCD and CDA.
75 Continua/IHE Communication: Learn who the point-of-contact is, what the process is. Ray August 13, 2008 Open MOU is in place.
76 Test Tooling, NIST and MWB John Garguilo Al Engelbert, Todd Cooper, Robert Flanders, John Garguilo, John Rhoads, Peter Rontey, Paul Schluter August 13, 2008 Open Manny will survey participants, set up conference call with Pete for mid-August.


Minutes and Action Items

Participants

Chair/Host:
Ray Zambuto, Technology in Medicine
Participating:
Jon Blasingame (Philips), Steve Borchers (Spacelabs), Todd Cooper (Breakthrough Solutions Foundry), Bikram Day (Capsule), Robert Flanders (GE), Peter Hendler (KP) Monroe Pattillo (Philips), John Rhoads (Philips), Jeff Rinda (Hospira), Scott Zaffrin (B.Braun)

Discussion

Item Topic Discussion
1 Introductions & Agenda Review
- Chair

Status/Discussion:

Agenda reviewed

Decisions/Issues:
Action(s):

Approved without modification
2 Approval of Minutes
- Chair

Status/Discussion:

Reviewed minutes from 2008.07.30

Decisions/Issues:

Review of the 2008.07.16 minutes was overlooked - didn't make it to the agenda.

Action(s):

2008.07.30 Minutes approved
2008.07.16 Minutes added to the 2008.08.27 agenda.
3 Action Items Review
- Chair

Status/Discussion:

Reviewed & updated action item list.

Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):

Updates made to next PC WebEx action item list.
4 RTM Testing
- Cooper

Status/Discussion:
There has been an ongoing discussion regarding how to test RTM compliance in the upcoming Connectathon. Currently there are a number of conformance "levels" that have been identified:

  • Is the OBX value ID present in the Rosetta tables?
  • Is the associated unit of measurement in the Rosetta?
  • If the value is enumerated, is that in the Rosetta?
  • If the semantic calls out a body site, is that in the Rosetta?
  • Is any containment constraints supported by the OBX sequence?

The NIST group is developing methods for addressing RTM testing this year as well as in subsequent years. This will include existing test tools, and potentially proposed tools in the future.

Question is how we would test this in the 2009 Connectathon. Some proposals for this should be available in the next PC meetings 2008.08.27. One proposal is that companies could indicate RTM support for their PCD-01 transactions, either as DOR/DOF actors that only include Rosetta-based content, or as DOC actors that validate received messages based on the content's conformance to the Rosetta.

Decisions/Issues:

  • DEC support for RTM should be included in the 2009 Connectathon. Tests should be developed for RTM compliance both for all actors involved in the PCD-O1 transactions.

Action(s):

  • (Testing Team) Develop test tooling and Connectathon test profiles that enable RTM validation in the 2009 Connectathon. See Action Item #76.
5 Proposed Profile Review
- Todd

Status/Discussion:
Todd ran through the current list of proposed profiles that should be developed over the next two months leading up to the October F2F meeting. Specific discussion included:

  • Need to update PCD Profiles and other related pages on the PCD wiki
  • "DEC.b" - This is a proposed profile that would extend the current HL7 v2-based DEC architecture to be one that was based on Web Services. The purpose of this profile proposal would be to determine whether there are unique use cases and interest in pursuing this development. Monroe indicated that for future ACM development, there are some companies that would like a WS architecture. It was pointed out that if this was pursued, it would need to be coordinated / harmonized with other IHE WS profiles (esp. in the ITI TF). Ray also mentioned that a general question regarding web services support should be added to the 2009 Survey.
  • HL7 v3 (messaging & CDA/CCD) Profile - There was continued discussion about this. It was noted that this was missing from the agenda above.
  • MEM Proposal - There was a general discussion that though this profile would include a location services (RTLS) component, that this is broader than just tracking medical devices - staff, patients, and other resources are also tracked. Ray pointed out that we should therefore coordinate with the ITI if they are interested in any general RTLS support.

Decisions/Issues:

  • Develop a "DEC.b" (or probably another name) profile proposal.
  • Include a profile to develop a mapping to HL7 v3 RIM of the abstract semantics (e.g., what is in the Rosetta tables).

Action(s):

  • (Todd) Update the wiki page per the proposed profile items (listed in the agenda above) See Action Item #77.
  • (Ray) Ensure that one or more questions regarding the support of web service architectures is included in the 2009 Survey. See Action Item #78.
  • (Todd / Ken) Determine whether ITI has any interest in providing general RTLS profiling. Note the PCC may also be interested in this item. See Action Item #77.
6 Next Meeting
- Chair

Status/Discussion:

Decisions/Issues:

Next meeting is scheduled for 2008.08.27.

Action(s):

Next Meeting

August 27, 2008


Minutes approved August 27, http://wiki.ihe.net/index.php?title=PCD_PC_2008-08-27_Webex


PCD Home