PCD PC 2008-08-27 Webex

From IHE Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Patient Care Device Domain

Meeting Purpose

Regularly scheduled meeting of the PCD Planning Committee

WebEx Information

Topic: PCD Committee Tcons

Date: Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Time: 11:00 am, Eastern Time (New York )

Duration: 60 Minutes

Proposed Agenda

1 Introductions and Agenda Review
2 Approval of Minutes of July 16 & August 13
3 Profiles & Connectathon
4 New Profile Proposal Status Review
  • Wiki page review
  • Example brief profile - RTM Brief Proposal
  • Proposal development activity review - Schedule according to Lisa Spellman:
    • By August 29, 2008: Announcement sent by email and posted on ihe.net website inviting profile submission for consideration using the attached “Brief” template
    • September 1-19, 2008: Invitation for profile submission open
    • September 19, 2008: Deadline by close of business in all time zones.
    • September 22-26, 2008: Review & time to confirm questions, etc.
    • September 29, 2008: Sent to all Domain Workgroup members for review prior to Planning mtg
    • October 15-17, 2008: ITI Planning Meeting, Paris
5 F2F Agenda Review
6 Action Items
7 Additional Business

Minutes and Action Items from Previous Meetings

Minutes from previous meetings for review/approval:

Minutes from 2008.07.16 and 2008.08.13,

Action Items Brought Forward from August 13th:

No. Action Item Owner Participants Due Open/Closed Description/Update
41 Monitor FDA actions on Universal Device ID Jeff Secunda October 1, 2008 Open FDA announced that nothing will happen before the election.
44 Define relationship between IEEE standards and IHE profiles; the role of the PCD in determining this relationship. Todd Cooper October 1, 2008 Open Elliot arranged for Didi to forward the current HL7 draft to IEEE for review as a template. That one is complete and signatures added. This MOU addresses intellectual property exchanges. Change date to Oct. 1.
66 Analysis of Survey Results Ray September 10, 2008 Open
69 Recruit Champions for development of Profiles, e.g., document transfer Ken October 1, 2008 Open Extensions to ACM, waveform segments, MEM, PnP likely.
70 Coordinate 12 lead ECG effort with Cardiology domain Ray August 13, 2008 Open Depends upon Cardiology Domain's success in finding sponsors. Query Ken Fuchs and Paul Schluter re possible actiong given the current "dormant" status of the domain.
71 Recruit clinicians; develop novel ways, attend to their priorities and schedules Ken, Manny None Open A few replies were recieved from Ken's email indicating nurses would not be able to participate in PC. Todd indicated that RTM ventilator WG has successfully recruited physicians. Profile development may be a reasonable initial focus for involvement and perhaps lead to further involvement in PCD. Paul had earlier suggested a booth at at ACC, other meetings. Liase with standards groups such as ASTM, professional societies.
72 Press releases as recruiting tool Manny August 27, 2008 Open Manny requested suggestions for publications (email and print) to send press releases. Ray suggested developing a feed to the new CE/IT community. Steve Campbell (AAMI), Joyce and Chirstel Anderson (HIMSS), Steve Grimes and Ray (ACCE). Manny will draft a release for the Trial Implementation versions. This item and item 71 will be coordinated.
73 How to accommodate participation of non-members Cochairs August 27, 2008 Open Questions remain about IP aspect of IHE membership. PCD needs to find a way for public participation in developing profile proposals and to clarify how to go beyond that in developing supplements. Need to schedule a webinar with Didi, Chris, IHE's IP attorney. PCD Cochairs to continue discussion. Ray to call Didi, Chris to follow up. Ken will address at next cochairs webex, Aug. 19.
74 Mapping PCD into v3 CDA with relevance to RTM Todd Peter Hendler August 13, 2008 Open Todd: VA was planning to move forward about use of CDA. He will talk with James McCain. Peter: Kaiser and VA working to trade documents as part of NHIN project.
Goal is to assure the appropriate set of medical device semantic components is included in the appropriate location in CDA/CCD documents and HL7 v3 nessages.
Todd will Quesry the VA as to whether there is still any interest in this project.
Todd will schedule a webex the end of August/early September to discuss the status of the profile proposal and identify what needs to happen to move it forward in this next cycle.
75 Continua/IHE Communication: Learn who the point-of-contact is, what the process is. Ray September 10, 2008 Open MOU has been agreed upon, but still needs final signatures. Joyce Sensmeier is the IHE point of contact. Ray will ensure that coordination between Continua and the PCD is on the agenda for the first official coordination meeting between the groups.
76 Test Tooling, NIST and MWB John Garguilo Al Engelbert, Todd Cooper, Robert Flanders, John Garguilo, John Rhoads, Peter Rontey, Paul Schluter August 27, 2008 Open Manny will survey participants, set up conference call with Pete for mid-August. Test Team will develop a strategy for testing PCD-01 RTM conformance for the 2009 Connectathon.
77 Develop PCD Cycle 4 Profile Proposals Ray Zambuto, Ken Fuchs IHE PCD October 31, 2008 Open Todd will update PCD_Profiles and related Wiki pages for use in the profile development process.

Todd and Ken will determine whether ITI and possibly PCC have any interest in RTLS profiling.

78 2009 Survey Development Ray Zambuto January 1, 2009 Open Ray will add a question or two regarding the need to support web services and other service oriented architectures.

Participants

Chair/Host: Ken Fuchs, Draeger
Alex Beechie, Jon Blasingame, Todd Cooper, Bikram Day, Al Engelbert, Robert Flanders, Ken Fuchs, John Garguilo, Peter Hendler, Monroe Pattillo, Jeff Rinda, Paul Schluter, Khalid Zubaidl, Manny Furst

Discussion

Item Topic Discussion
1 Introductions & Agenda Review
- Chair
Status/Discussion:

Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):

2 Approval of Minutes
- Chair
Status/Discussion:

Decisions/Issues: Minutes of July 16 and August 13 were approved.

Action(s):

3 Action Items Review
- Chair
Status/Discussion:
  • #70: Defer until Cardiology Domain has updated its workplan and additional action is required.
  • #72: Address in PCD cochairs tomorrow and issue. Possibly ask for distribution to other domains.
  • #73: No change.
  • #74: Will be addressed in Vancouver meeting.
  • #75: Continua memorandum of understanding has been signed and Joyce is the point of contact. Todd suggested that discussion of RMON be coordinated through Joyce.
  • #76: Rob Snellick is working on this, will likely work with Pete Rontey to update the MWB. Change date to Sept. 10.

Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):

4 HITSP RMON
- Paul
Status/Discussion:
  • Paul summarized Friday’s HITSP RMON conference call.
  • Continua representatives on the call indicated they felt that use cases were not adequately represented in earlier RMON discussions.
  • Paul expressed concern that while this draft supports simple devices, such as a scale and thermometer, it won’t support more complex devices used at home or in other use case facilities, such as a ventilator.
  • There will be a call tomorrow (Thursday) with some Continua members and HITSP representatives to discuss this interface.
  • Paul suggested that this issue would best be addressed in a F2F meeting. Todd indicated that a core issue is the interpretation of the scope of the HITSP use case, and that will determine data streams Interface #2 needs to support. Paul noted that Continua has focused on Interface #1 and has not addressed Interface #2.

Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):

5 F2F Meeting Update
- Manny
Status/Discussion:
  • One update to the agenda is discussion with Julian Goldman, MD, Thursday morning.
  • Manny requested that those planning to attend let him know to facilitate lodging and meal arrangements.

Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):


6 Connectathon and Showcase
- Chair
Status/Discussion:
  • Preparation for the Connectathon
  • Ask PCD members to let us know if they plan to register for the Connectathon and / or Showcase and to join the TC and Connectathon WG.
  • For this year all AMs will communicate via SMTP to ACs.

Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):

  • Manny to monitor registration.
  • Also, let PCD know about other vendors that members believe will be participating or who should be contacted about participating.
  • Ask Monroe to address SMTP gateway server – will be needed for ACM.
  • Manny to set meeting with Steve re this year’s AM/AC and SMTP issues.
7 Develop Brief Profile Proposals
- Ken
Status/Discussion:
  • Todd will update the Wiki page for new profile development.
  • Call for proposals will be issued this week.

Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):

8 Next Meeting
- Chair
Status/Discussion:

Decisions/Issues:

  • September 10 at 11 am EDT

Action(s):


Next Meeting

September 10: http://wiki.ihe.net/index.php?title=PCD_PC_2008-09-10_Webex

Minutes were approved September 10: http://wiki.ihe.net/index.php?title=PCD_PC_2008-09-10_Webex


PCD Home