PCD PC 2008-07-30 Webex

From IHE Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Patient Care Device Domain

Meeting Purpose

Routine Meeting of the Planning Committee


WebEx Information

Topic: Patient Care Device Domain

Date: July 30, 2008

Time: 11:00 am, Eastern Daylight Time (GMT -04:00, New York)

Duration: 60 Minutes

Proposed Agenda

1 Introductions and Agenda Review
2 Approval of Minutes of July 16 PCD PC 2008-07-16 Webex
3 Test Tooling Update
  • NIST Tools (esp. RTM support)
  • MWB (Peter Rontey) - Updates needed?
4 Action Items Review
5 HITSP RMON Comment Disposition
6 Update Cycle 3 Profile Status (ACM, PIV, RTM) & Schedule
7 Tech Framework Update Planning
8 New/Restarted Profile Groups: MEM & PnP
9 Unique Device ID Update (incl. GS1/Premiere announcement)
10 Face to Face meeting update
11 New Business

Attachments / Materials

Minutes for Approval: PCD PC 2008-07-16 Webex

Action Items Brought Forward from July 16. Items that were discussed are described below. Others were not discussed.

No. Action Item Owner Participants Due Open/Closed Description/Update
44 Define relationship between IEEE standards and IHE profiles; the role of the PCD in determining this relationship. Todd Cooper October 1, 2008 Open Elliot arranged for Didi to forward the current HL7 draft to IEEE for review as a template. That one is complete and signatures added. This MOU addresses intellectual property exchanges. Change date to Oct. 1.
68 Monitor HITSP and make the case for the PCD Remote Monitoring application. Todd Cooper Steve Staats, Paul Schluter July 25, 2008 Open Meeting July 15 of volunteers to review the HITSP document and prepare public comment. PCD will submit comments, due July 25.
72 Press releases as recruiting tool Manny July 30, 2008 Open Manny requested suggestions for publications (email and print) to send press releases. Ray suggested we develop a feed to the new CE/IT community. Steve Campbell at AAMI, Joyce and Christel Anderson for HIMSS, and Steve Grimes and Ray Zambuto for ACCE. This and item 71 will be coordinated.
73 How to accommodate participation of non-members Cochairs July 16, 2008 Open Questions remain about IP aspect of IHE membership. PCD needs to find a way for public participation in developing profile proposals and to clarify how to go beyond that in developing supplements. Need to schedule a webinar with Didi, Chris, IHE's IP attorney. PCD Cochairs to continue discussion. Ray to call Didi, Chris to follow up.
74 Mapping PCD into v3 CDA with relevance to RTM Todd Peter Hendler August 13, 2008 Open Todd: VA was planning to move forward about use of CDA. He will talk with James McCain. Peter: Kaiser and VA working to trade documents as part of NHIN project.
Goal is to assure the appropriate set of documents is included the appropriate location in CCD and CDA.


Minutes and Action Items

Participants

Chair/Host: Ray Zambuto, Technology in Medicine
Jon Blasingame, Linda Chan, Todd Cooper, Bikram Day, Al Engelbert, Robert Flanders, John Garguilo, Peter Hendler, John Hotchkiss, John Rhoads, Ray Zambuto, Manny Furst


Discussion

<Adjust table rows per meeting needs>
Item Topic Discussion
1 Introductions & Agenda Review
- Chair

Status/Discussion:

  • Add Continua/IHE MOU

Decisions/Issues:
Action(s):

2 Approval of Minutes
- Chair

Status/Discussion:

  • Minutes were missing some names, reference to EUI-64.

Decisions/Issues:

  • Approved with minor changes.

Action(s):

3 Action Items Review
- Chair

Status/Discussion:

Only the following were updated.
  • 68 – HISTP RMON comments – completed, can be closed.
  • 72 – Press Releases – no change – Prepare release for Trial Implementation, change date to Aug. 27.
  • 73 – Todd will take to next cochairs Aug. 5. Change date to Aug. 13.

Decisions/Issues:
The complete and updated Action Items list can be found at http://wiki.ihe.net/index.php?title=PCD_PC_2008-08-13_Webex

Action(s):

4 Announcements
- Ray

Status/Discussion:

  • Continua/IHE - Paul asked for an update on the MOU because information is already being shared about the RTM. He sent information to Igor Gejdos (Roche)and Doug Bogia (Intel). Igor is one of the co-chairs of the Continua XHR effort, Doug is the vice-chair of the IEEE 11073 Personal Health Devices (PHD) group and Continua.
  • Ray indicated that the MOU between IHE and Continua has been approved by both. It calls for a point of contact in each and regular status meetings. Joyce is likely the HIMSS point of contact.
  • The MOU raised questions: who is the IHE contact and what is the process, so that communication can flow appropriately. Ray will pursue.
  • Status of Supplements - ACM should be ready for TC vote Wed. Aug. 6, PIV may be ready for TC vote Wed. Aug. 6. Manny to check with Jeff, set meeting for Monday at 5 EDT, RTM should be ready for TC vote Wed. Aug. 6.
  • Framework Update in Trial Implementation Version - Todd invited members to participate in the revision, join the Google Group, send him emails by sending emails to the group and attend the two meetings. Todd has distributed emails to the PCD PC and TC about the process, meetings.
  • MEM and PnP - Will restart and get head start in advance of the F2F.
  • F2F Oct. 21-23 - Manny asked for indication of interest so a block of rooms can be requested.
  • Unique Device ID Update (incl. GS1/Premiere announcement) - No word from Dr. Mun, Jeff

Decisions/Issues:
Action(s):

  • Continua/IHE: Ray to learn who the point of contact person is, what the process is.
5 Test Tooling Update
  • NIST Tools (esp. RTM support)
  • MWB (Peter Rontey) - Updates needed?


- John Garguilo, Paul, Todd

Status/Discussion:

  • John Garguilo requested an update on what will be needed to test RTM this year.
  • Paul indicated the need is to test that units, enumerations, external lead sites, and the parent OBXs are checked. Vendors would provide the messages, perhaps in email. This would assure that units of measure and nomenclature are correct.
  • NIST is thinking of providing an interface that captures the items in the RTM table, saves the data in XML, identifies discrepancies, and reports missing or incorrect/new terms.
  • Paul suggested that PCD-01 may need to add error codes that would identify the type of error. John responded by saying this would be accomplished through the MWB.
  • John observed that vendors using the Rosetta Table can incorporate the table in its Gateway.
  • Paul would like to see the table available to manufacturers so they can select the correct coding and that those responsible for updating and maintaining the table would issue updates periodically, e.g., monthly.
  • For this year, at the Connectathon, it would be highly desirable if the MWB can test some of this. Also, once the profile is produced, a tool that Rob Snelick (NIST) is developing could test some of this. For this year, the messages would be tested off line. At the Showcase messages will have been tested and the NIST/MWB validation would be publicized. The MWB would add the constraints of the Rosetta table, and can use draft of tables to start. John has had some discussion with Peter Rontey, will provide an update. Manny will set a meeting in mid-August.

Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):

  • Manny will survey participants, set up conference call with Pete for mid-August. Participants: Al Engelbert, Todd Cooper, John Garguilo, Robert Flanders, John Rhoads, Paul Schluter


Next Meeting

August 13, 2008 http://wiki.ihe.net/index.php?title=PCD_PC_2008-08-13_Webex


'Minutes were approved August 13: http://wiki.ihe.net/index.php?title=PCD_PC_2008-08-13_Webex


PCD Home