PCD PC&TC 2009-11-11 Webex

From IHE Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Patient Care Device Domain

Meeting Purpose

Joint PC and TC Meeeting

WebEx Information

Topic: PCD Committee Tcons

Date: Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Time: 11:00 am, Eastern Time (New York )

Duration: 60 Minutes

  1. Brief WorkItem Proposals ballot
  2. PCD User's Handbook Webex
  3. MEM Whitepaper public comment closed
  4. HITSP Meeting Summary
  5. Connectathon/Showcase Update
  6. Continua collaboration
  7. Action Items
  8. Next Meetings - 11/11 Joint, 11/18 - TC, and will the PC meet 11/25?

Action Items from Previous Meetings

See PCD Technical Committee Action Items and PCD Planning Committee Action Items pages.

Significant changes, other than dates, will be in bold.

Participants

Chair: Ken Fuchs, Steve Merritt
Alex Beechie, Jon Blasingame, Anupriyo Chakravarti, Todd Cooper, Walter Dobbins, Al Engelbert, Ken Fuchs, Christof Gessner, Rich Hillman, John Hotchkiss, Roy Kerns, Brad Lunde, Steve Merritt, John Rhoads, Paul Schluter, Rabin Shrestha, Erin Sparnon, Bob Steurer, Khalid Zubaidi, Manny Furst

Discussion

Discussion Summaries do not require formal approval, while minutes of meetings where votes are taken do. Participants are encouraged to review and bring up significant issues with discussion summaries of previous meetings. Votes will be taken to approve meetings where votes took place; these may be email ballots.


<Adjust table rows per meeting needs>
Item Topic Discussion
1 Introductions & Agenda Review
- Chair
Status/Discussion:

Decisions/Issues:

  • Agenda approved.

Action(s):

2 Approval of Discussion Summary
- Chair
Status/Discussion:
  • Postponed

Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):

3 Action Items Review
- Chair
Status/Discussion:
  • The PC Action Items were reviewed; the TC Action Items were left for the November 18 TC meeting.

PC Action Items:

78: Ray is attempting to gain HIMSS Analytics support.
92: Ask PCD members to contact others who may be interested, based upon Brief Profile Proposals and Manny to draft a message.
93: Todd has had conversations with Elliot about certification. Among the issues that are out there: What will the role be for CCHIT, how will other national actions affect certification? Elliot is looking at this. Ken mentioned a company that plans to enter into the certification arena. There’s a question about CCHIT’s scope. Todd noted that this is very important from a user’s perspective, and their ability to specify certification in the purchase, and therefore this is very important to vendors. Erin noted that their evaluation of pumps will address components of this issue.
96: Add to cochairs
97: Not this year.
98: AAMI at HIMSS10 will be 80001 and the HIMSS at AAMI relate to
101: Close


Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):

4 Work Item Priorities - Ballot Results
- Ken
Status/Discussion:
  • Ken described the Ballot, having developed a PPT summary ranking proposals and listing volunteer leaders and participants. In rank order, these are
1. Device Integration Profiles Guidance
2. Device to Patient Association
3. Device Integration – General Content Profile
4. Event Communication - Content Profile
5. Location Tracking
6. Medical Equipment Management (MEM)
7. Asynchronous Data Query (CDSS Use Case)
8. Query for Bulk Data (QBD)
The top four were selected, in large part based upon resources (people, companies) available.
For those that didn’t “make the cut” (e.g., RTLS) we will continue to recruit. MEM will be supported in part by the accepted work items. Ken noted that the last two have much in common, based upon a query for the same type of data.
John Hotchkiss voiced some concern, believing that users have a need for the Query for Bulk Data. Todd noted that HITSP Common Device Use Case requires the QBD application. It may be a simple issue, an extension of PCD-02. Ken suggested that EMR vendors would push the WBD and ADQ, but we don’t have a sufficient number of volunteers. John Rhoads suggested recruiting vendors. Todd noted that these two may appropriately be addressed as white papers or low intensity exploration rather than drop them for a year. The HITSP Technical Note may bring these to a higher priority. Ken suggested developing a profile that combines the ADQ, QBD and PCD-02. Paul noted that there are some important issues that need to be addressed first, such as getting data with PnP. He also noted that it is not currently possible to provide the data required for ADQ and that perhaps this would be addressed retrospectively, but that requires large EMR data storage.
Ken described the next steps: Develop the Detailed Profile Proposals before the end of the year. This addresses feasibility and will be balloted. Supplements will then be developed after the Connectathon.
Paul suggested developing a WP that describes the use of PCD-01 for retrospective solution for QBD. This would address other issues such as retrieving embedded information retrospectively.
Ken will talk with those who volunteered to lead these items to select the leadership for the second proposal.


Decisions/Issues:

  • Chairs/Cochairs will be named for each of the four Detailed Profile Proposals.

Action(s):

5 Announcements
- All
Status/Discussion:
  • The Users' Handbook WG will meet tomorrow. The MEM WP WG will be scheduled.
  • Showcase: Manny provided an update. John Donnelly and Lisa are asking for a high level description of the PCD’s four tours. There will be a meeting with them and Elli Riley, the HIMSS exhibit manager to discuss space. A Monday weekly PCD meeting has been added.
  • Todd provided a summary of the recent HITSP meeting. It was a very important meeting for PCD. Meetings addressed semantic requirements and meetings with HITSP / ONC staff. There was good support for the PCD’s efforts and directions and for the development of the Technical Note. It is due this Friday. The essential elements are PCD-01, ACM, and ICE-PAC. The TN will go out for public comment this month. They also want an RDSS (Requirements, Design, Standards Selection) ready for public comment.
  • Ken’s Trip to the Netherlands: Ken made a presentation about PCD to their yearly IHE Netherlands congress. The audience included IT and clinical physicists. Two physicists want to start a PCD work group early in 2010. They will start by reviewing the work accomplished by PCD before actively engaging. Ken encouraged their participation in WGs and reviewing the User Handbook, and offered PCD’s support in helping them get established.
  • Paul asked if anyone has a state diagram for breaths on ventilation.
  • Todd will present to ACCE next week.

Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):

6 xyz
- <lead>
Status/Discussion:
  • ...

Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):

7 xyz
- <lead>
Status/Discussion:
  • ...

Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):

8 xyz
- <lead>
Status/Discussion:
  • ...

Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):

9 xyz
- <lead>
Status/Discussion:
  • ...

Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):

n Next Meeting
- Chair
Status/Discussion:

Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):


Next Meeting

TC meeting November 18, 2009 PCD TC 2009-11-18 Webex

PC meeting December 2, 2009 PCD PC 2009-12-02 Webex



<Add review line here when minutes are approved; e.g., "(Reviewed & approved by PCD RTM Vent TG 2008-04-16)">


PCD Home