PCD Cochairs 2009-03-10 Webex

From IHE Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Patient Care Device Cochairs Weekly Meeting

Date: Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Time: 3:00 pm, Eastern Time

Duration: 60 Minutes

Proposed Agenda

Please add your suggestions

Review Discussion Summary last meeting Mar. 3, 2009
Action Items [Note: Where to put this item in the agenda?]
Connectathon / Showcase Status Review
  • Connectathon results (incl. participant feedback)
  • Updated Showcase Participants, Profiles,
  • Showcase Logistics & Planning, etc.
- Handouts, business cards
- Graphics, signage
  • Showcase PCD Presentation?
HIMSS session at AAMI - Participation
HITSP Update
  • CMDC Use Case Work Plan
  • RMON SDE#2 Resolution
Response to Carolyn McGregor concerning Neonatology
2009/2010 Budget
  • Grants Update - Discussion with AHRQ, others
  • "ARRA" & Device HIT Opportunities
  • Funding Work Plan
IHE International
  • IHE International: Incorporation Status
  • IP Management Process
  • Domain Coordination Committee Update
  • PCD PC & TC Roster Pages (& meeting participation)
Organizational Relationships
  • IHE-IEEE MoU - Finalized?
  • IHE-CIMIT MoU - In process...
  • IHE-ASYM MoU - In process...
  • IHE-Continua
Spring F2F Planning
Technical Framework / Supplement Update
  • Updated TF Docuuments
  • Connectathon Testing: Too tight / loose - Adherence to the spec's
  • Cycle 4 Supplement Development
Next joint PC/TC Weekly Meeting - Proposed Agenda
Next meeting - Proposed Agenda

Attachments / Materials

updated with discussion of Mar. 3

Discussion Summary of earlier meetings Mar. 3, 2009, PCD Cochairs 2009-03-03 Webex

Action Items Brought Forward

Number Action Owner Participants Due Date Status Comments
55 Showcase vendor display policy Steve Merritt Ray, Elliot April 14, 2009 OPEN Will add to Domain Process (management) document. Issues may exist with third party devices brought by Cerner and Capsule this year. Will include: Chris Carr, Didi direction on bi-directional distributed demo, display/demonstration of ancillary equipment. Todd’s draft will be the basis for Steve’s efforts. Also see #57.
61 Analyze, publish results of stakeholder survey Ray 2009.02.10 OPEN Ray is talking with WG4 in the HIMSS/AAMI/ACCE CE-IT Community, and possibly in BI&T.
70 IEEE MOU Todd Elliot 2009.02.17 OPEN Approved by IHE Board, will be sent to IEEE to sign; no issues anticipated. It will permit appropriate use of IEEE materials.
74 Clinical Recruitment Steve Cochairs and PC Open OPEN
  • (Zambuto) Review IHE membership to identify recruitment opportunities.
  • (All) Identify invitation opportunities for participation in the October F2F.
  • (Cooper)Update profiles wiki page so as to capture the attention of clinical reviewers.
  • (Zambuto) Ask Mario Castenada re. KP participants (perhaps also Michael Robkin)
  • (Cooper) To contact Rick Schrenker re. profile proposal review.
  • Manny will talk with Cristal Anderson about possibilities. He asked for emails with suggestions.
  • (Cooper, Jan. 27) HL7/IHE are talking about this subject; there may be an opportunity for PCD
77 Monitor HITSP development of RMON and coordinate a demonstration with HITSP. Todd Paul June 16, 2009 OPEN Todd has not heard back from Joyce about how best to proceed. Paul said Continua is working on requirements documents, and anticipates that January will see progress. Bridget made a presentation last Friday. As a consultant for Continua she didn’t get deeply into the substance as of Friday. Rick gave her a lot of fee rein. She appears to place emphasis on deliverable products. There’s an internal effort by the Wide Area Network Group to determine technical requirements. Continua will demonstrate one possible web services possibility in the upcoming Continua Barcelona meeting.
82 PCD to develop MOU with CIMIT Ray Ken February 3, 2009 OPEN Defer interest in year ‘round lab. Ken wrote and discussed a draft MOU intended to enable coordinating profiles, similar to the Continua MOU. Ray There’s a question regarding where in the continuum PCD should have an MOU (ICE, MDPnP, CIMIT).
83 Funding Possibilities Cochairs 2009.02.03 OPEN Discuss potential opportunities, focus of proposal(s). DPI, RTM are the highest priorities and most appropriate for foundation funding. Refer to notes of Dec. 23, 2008, PCD Cochairs 2008-12-23 Webex for more information. Grants Advantage responded to the discussion, saying there may be federal funds in AHRQ’s Comparative Effectiveness Research Program and that $3-5K would be required to write the proposal. If Didi doesn’t have funds, perhaps ACCE would support this. Ken will contact Edna at HIMSS Advantage and Jon White and Michael Fitzmaurice at AHRQ, for more information and will ask Edna about private foundation funds. AHRQ discussion last week. Steve noted that their website has some HIT grants with varying funding levels for demonstration projects. The dollar value appears related to the duration of the project. He noted that there’s a website Grants.gov with all grants. Todd will reach out to Wayne Morse for funding of a grant proposal. Todd noted the American Reinvestment and Recovery Act (ARRA) funds won’t be distributed for a little while and that there is a HIMSS ARRA webinar series. Ray received a response from the ACCE Foundation indicating they would be interested in supporting the grant writing, but Ray is hoping that ACCE would itself fund the grant writing.
John Halamka requested input for an article he is writing about optimal allocation of stimulus funding. Elliot will be, and the cochairs were, invited to contribute ideas. The cochairs need to provide Elliot with some suggestions that show this would be an economic stimulus and an investment in future jobs and healthcare benefits in the future.
84 AAMI meeting - session and booth Cochairs Todd, Ray, Manny February 10, 2009 OPEN Todd confirmed speakers. Ray learned from Didi that HIMSS will have a booth at AAMI focused on HIMSS. PCD will not have a booth. A revised session name may be offered.
85 F2F at NIST the week of May 4 Cochairs OPEN Manny will contact John Garguilo to obtain security and other information and then issue a notice.Manny to send a reminder; only a few have indicated they will attend; John Garguilo will research hotels.
86 HIMSS09 Web Page Cochairs February 10, 2009 OPEN HIMSS09 web page update has made two PCD related links quite visible. These are out of date. Cochairs will review and see if there are other links that might be substituted or if those pages need to be updated. Add to next meeting’s agenda.


Meeting Summary

Participants

placeholder

Cochairs: Todd Cooper, Ken Fuchs,Steve Merritt, John Rhoads
Sponsor:
Guest: Paul Schluter
Technical Project Manager: Manny Furst

Discussion

Item Topic Discussion
1 Introductions & Agenda Review
- Chair
Status/Discussion:

Decisions/Issues: Accepted

Action(s):

2 Review Meeting Summaries
- Chair
Status/Discussion:
  • No comments were received about meeting summary.

Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):

3 Action Items Review
- Chair
Status/Discussion:
  • 55: Showcase Vendor Display Policy - No change
  • 57: PCD governance document - Adopted; close.
  • 61: Stakeholder survey - No change
  • 70: IEEE MOU - IEEE has the MOU, but it has been misplaced.
  • 74: Clinician recruitment - No change
  • 77: HITSP RMON - Consistent Method for Device Communication (CMDC) - HITSP will publish something in May for public comment. Need to start with continuity, topology. Interface #2 should carry acute care with a common interface for Continua, PCD. Continua is currently focused on a web services solution. Paul believes that there is still an opportunity to have a common hierarchy for simple home care and more acute care. Yet, it is more likely to have different transport layers, etc. because they want the simplest communication from the device to the gateway.
- Continua - Proceeding with LAN effort. Their WAN technical group is working on ASN1 over web services. Interface #2 should carry acute care with a common interface for Continua, PCD. Continua will likley go its own way based on web services. Paul believes that there is still an opportunity to have a common hierarchy for simple home care and more acute care. Yet, it is more likely to have different transport layers, etc. because they want the simplest communication from the device to the gateway.
  • 82: CIMIT - MOU draft was sent to Julian Goldman.
  • 83: Funding Possibilities - AHRQ told PCD to wait 90 days. Steve indicated there are some possibilities in existing AHRQ funding. New AHRQ funding possibilities won’t be known before June
  • 84: AAMI Meeting - Session speakers confirmed. Close.
  • 85: F2F May 4-8 - Only a few responses received to date.
  • 86: HIMSS09 Web Page - Todd will update.

Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):

4 Funding Possibilities
- All
Status/Discussion:
  • See above Action Items

Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):

5 Connectathon and Showcase
- Manny
Status/Discussion:
  • Ruth concentrating on providing the EMR system to support DOC. We’ll learn of GE’s interest in also supporting IOP and that will require discussion with John Donnelly. If she doesn’t support IOP it will likely not have a significant impact since Cerner will support this in the ICU and it is unlikely we will have time or that it will be appropriate to describe it twice.
  • Showcase theater presentation – will PCD have a full session or only a part of the time? Manny will follow up with Lisa.
  • Business cards draft to be reviewed by cochairs.
  • Handouts under development - 4 pages likely.
  • Block diagram to be updated and used in handouts.
  • We need to help the companies understand the process At the Connectathon, Hospira found that they had to make some changes to coding in order to work with Cardinal. A CP will be required, and discussed at the F2F.
  • Manny to add a note that the lessons learned indicating that discrepancies identified leading up to and in the Connectathon be documented and offered as CPs.


Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):

  • Manny to follow up with Lisa re theater session.
6 Profile Update
- Todd
Status/Discussion:
  • No change

Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):

7 Announcements
- All
Status/Discussion:
  • Carolyn McGregor at the University of Ontario would like to discuss neonatal ICU data with PCD. Elliot and Todd spoke with her last August. Canada Infoway is interested in this. Ken will respond to her email.
  • The IP issue will go to the IHE Board, but it may not happen this week.

Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):

  • Ken to follow up.
8 Next Meeting
- Chair
Status/Discussion:

Decisions/Issues:

  • Next week

Action(s):

Next Meeting

The next meeting will be March 17, 2009 PCD Cochairs 2009-03-17 Webex

<For Decision Meetings, add review line here when minutes are approved; e.g., "(Reviewed & approved by PCD RTM Vent TG 2008-04-16)">


PCD Home