PCD Cochairs 2008-10-02 Webex

From IHE Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Patient Care Device Cochairs Weekly Meeting

Date: Thursday, October 2, 2008

Time: 3:00 pm, Eastern Daylight Time (GMT -00:00, New York)>

Duration: 60 Minutes

Proposed Agenda

Minutes of September 4, September 11, 2008 - no meetings were held September 18, 25
Connectathon Registration Review
  • Companies Participating & Companies absent
  • Registration Detail Issues
  • Follow-On Recruitment
  • PIV & ACM Ramifications
Co-Chair Recruitment Update
Continua-IHE Coordination Update
Action Items
IHE International (IP, quorum, elections)
Other

Attachments / Materials

Minutes of earlier meetings http://wiki.ihe.net/index.php?title=PCD_Cochairs_2008-09-04_Webex and http://wiki.ihe.net/index.php?title=PCD_Cochairs_2008-09-11_Webex

Action Items Brought Forward

Number Action Owner Participants Due Date Status Comments


26 Open discussions on unifying efforts for device interoperability - facility for year 'round lab Ray Ken 10/2/08 OPEN Julian is planning to join the F2F on Thursday morning. A discussion will be held in Vancouver as well, simultaneously with the ICE meeting in Boston. Nothing to report about developing a test lab. A new Action Item, #79, for PCD to develop the MOU that is intended to enable coordinating profiles, similar to the Continua document. Ken will open discussion with Julian re the MOU.
38 Purchasing Guide for PCD Users Elliot 10/2/08 OPEN
55 Showcase vendor display policy Todd Ray, Elliot 10/2/08 OPEN Will include in draft Domain Governance document. Would be best to have in place by the F2F. Todd will develop a Wiki page for discussion, and a vote at the F2F. Also see #57.
57 Develop PCD governance document. Ray Cochairs 10/2/08 OPEN Supplements the IHE governance document (e.g., quorum and non-quorum meetings). See #63, 64. Ray will review ITI document and modify for PCD.
61 Analyze, publish results of survey Ray 10/2/08 OPEN Survey closed some time ago. Ray was asked if any results will be available at the F2F.
62 Add Governance page to IHE PCD Wiki Todd 10/16/08 OPEN See #57, ITI as an exemplar; Todd will post before F2F.
63 IHE Governance: IP, participation in F2F, etc. Cochairs 10/2/08 OPEN Add Quorum issues to Ray's discussion IP with Didi. Ray will incorporate in Governance and submit to IHE. Also see #57, 64.
64 IP and patent issues - risks to IHE Todd 10/2/08 OPEN What if WG on a Profile runs into an IP or patent issue? Ray will incorporate in Governance and submit to IHE. Also see #57, 63.
70 IEEE MOU Ray 10/2/08 OPEN Concern on two issues: use of IEEE intellectual property, need to establish mechanism to continue and maintain the RTM effort. Manny to ask Elliot for an update, what the cochairs need to do.
71 October F2F Cochairs Manny 10/2/08 OPEN We have approximately 20 coming. Manny to send emails to a half dozen or more PCD members to learn if they will attend.
73 Collaboration with HIBCC - transferred from TC Todd Cochairs and TC 10/2/08 OPEN Todd received material from HIBCC. Todd was told that internationally, GS1 is preferred, while HIBCC is preferred in the US.
74 Clinical Recruitment Ray Cochairs and PC OPEN OPEN
  • (Zambuto) Review IHE membership to identify recruitment opportunities.
  • (All) Identify invitation opportunities for participation in the October F2F.
  • (Cooper)Update profiles wiki page so as to capture the attention of clinical reviewers.
  • (Zambuto) Ask Mario Castenada re. KP participants (perhaps also Michael Robkin)
  • (Zambuto) Ray will contact Rick Schrenker re F2F participation. Dr. Mun may attend F2F.
  • (Cooper) To contact Rick Schrenker re. profile proposal review.
76 Cochairs Election Preparation Ray Ray, Manny 10/2/08 OPEN Ray will contact three potential PC cochairs and two potential TC cochairs.
77 Monitor HITSP development of RMON and coordinate a demonstration with HITSP. Todd 10/2/08 OPEN Todd will monitor and coordinate with HITSP.
78 Foster collaboration with Continua and monitor developments. Coordinate with Didi, Joyce. Sept. 17 Todd Paul 10/2/08 OPEN Paul will do what he can to act as a point of contact to foster communication between PCD and Continua.

HITSP, Continua and PCD were represented on a conference call earlier, with no agreement on how to encode and send the messages. While RTM appears agreeable for coding parameters and units of measure, Continua does not want to use PCD-01, which was the placeholder construct at an RMON meeting in Chicago. Continua may submit an alternative.

The MOU between IHE and Continua may permit a limited, low cost membership permitting PCD representation at meetings. Another approach is to start with Rosetta. As for joint demonstrations, that may be more difficult since Continua has held several “plug fests” and has the resources to proceed independently, but this may be possible.

79 PCD to develop the MOU with Julian. Ken 10/2/08 OPEN To enable coordinating profiles, similar to the Continua document. Ken will open discussion with Julian re the MOU, develop draft.


Minutes

Participants

Todd Cooper, Ken Fuchs, Ray Zambuto, Manny Furst

Discussion

<Adjust table rows per meeting needs>
Item Topic Discussion
1 Introductions & Agenda Review
- Chair
Status/Discussion:

Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):

2 Approval of Minutes
- Chair
Status/Discussion:

Decisions/Issues: Approved

Action(s):

3 Action Items Review
- Chair
Status/Discussion:
  • #26: Not likely to see Julian at the F2F. Todd will hold the DPI meeting at TiM Thursday afternoon and at CIMIT on Friday and will ask Julian to attend.
  • #38: Nothing new. Table for F2F PC. Close with note.
  • #55, 57: Add to F2F agenda. 55 to PC portion, 57 to joint portion.
  • #61: Add survey to F2F, change date to 10/21 and update comment.
  • #63, 64: Add to F2F.
  • #70: Todd will ask for update tomorrow during a call with IEEE on another subject.
  • #71: We have approximately 20. Close.
  • #73: Now a PC or TC item; close.
  • #77: Need to respond to public comment period. Deadline for comments is the 24th. Set date for the 30th.
  • #78: Continua coordination: latest meeting failed to reach an understanding.
  • #79: Todd and Julian to discuss while Todd is in Boston after the F2F. Set date for 10/24.

Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):

  • #26, 79: Todd to invite Julian to meeting on Friday, Oct. 24.
  • #38: Nothing new. Table for F2F PC. Close with note.
  • #63: IP issues: Todd to draft email to Ray, copy Didi for discussion at F2F.
4 Connectathon Update
- Manny
Status/Discussion:
  • Reviewed Connectathon registrations to date. Cochairs reviewed registration for each of the profiles and observed that there may not be sufficient participants to support testing all actors. This would be especially troublesome for ACM and PIV.

Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):

  • Todd will ask Didi, Chris if we require three independent partners to qualify.
  • Manny to contact Welch Allyn who are not listed,Cerner to better understand what they would like to do, and call Polycom, Ascom to follow up on recruiting. Only 1 independent AM.


Next Meeting

The next meeting will be October 9: http://wiki.ihe.net/index.php?title=PCD_Cochairs_2008-10-09_Webex

Meeting of 10/9 was cancelled, as were several others. Next meeting was November 6: PCD Cochairs 2008-11-06 Webex

Minutes were approved on November 6

PCD Home