IHE Domain Coordination Committee Teleconference Minutes 2013-11-19

From IHE Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search


  • Art Amano - Endo
  • Laura Bright - PCC Tech
  • Chris Carr - RSNA
  • La Shawn Edwards - HIMSS
  • Mary Jungers - Documentation Specialist
  • Joan McMillen - RSNA
  • Kevin O'Donnell - Rad Plan
  • Monroe Patillo - PCD Plan
  • Gila Pyke - IIT Tech
  • Nancy Ramirez - HIMSS
  • Antje Schroeder - Card/Rad
  • Amber Sims - RO
  • Michelle Williamson - QRPH Plan
  • Karen Witting - ITI Plan

Absent Domains: Anatomic Pathology, Dental, Eye Care, Laboratory, Pharmacy.


General Committee Business

1. Roll Call see Roster

2. Approval of Oct. 22 Minutes

3. New Business: from Future Agenda Topics Page

4. Review Action Items List

Domain Announcements

1. Domain Milestone Dates

  • RAD - Selected Profiles
  • Cardiology: Working on two work items remaining from last year
  • PCC: Selected two profiles and a white paper; details in December
  • ITI: has nearly completed profile selection; will announce in December
  • Endoscopy preparing Endoscopy Workflow and Endoscopy Report and Pathology Order profiles for public comment; planning meeting for mid-December
  • PCD: Awaiting for ballots to select profile proposals on FHIR, Medical Equipment Management: Device Communication Management and Location Services

2. Domain Board Reports

  • Pharmacy Report - Defer until Pharmacy representative is available
  • Next due: Cardiology due for December

Domain Coordination Issues

  • Cross-Domain Strategic Planning Work Group
  • Review dashboard to track status of work groups

Documentation, Websites and Public Information

  • Documentation Work Group
  • Inviting comment especially on new sections and content types needed (eg, DICOM, Workflow definitions); use comment form or track changes on Word version of document and submit via Google Group
  • Publication of glossary and shared appendices
  • IHE RO inquiry about method for defining reusable transactions
  • Radiology took this approach in the PAWF profile: define transaction and keep a table of the actors that are the endpoints in different profiles
  • Amber will add to upcoming agenda for RO and send invitation to Kevin O'Donnell and Chris Carr
  • Add "with primary representative to listing on Web page"
  • Updates invited. Please send to secretary@ihe.net

Governance Implementation

  • IHE-HL7 joint balloting initiatives
  • IHE and HL7 have new SOU that makes mention of such initiatives.
  • QRPH undertook joint comment ballot of Healthy Weight profile with HL7 PHER committee
  • Have established work group to define rules and processes around any future efforts. Participation from DCC is invited.
  • Questions to be addressed:
  • What are the benefits?
  • Who initiates? Why?
  • Rules for commenting
  • Alignment of committee cycles
  • Student intern/volunteers to perform committee administrative tasks; scope of involvement
  • ITI has identified tasks that could be performed by student volunteers
  • Meeting notes: attendance and action items
  • Wiki updates
  • HIMSS investigating ways to engage student volunteers; will report status on December tcon
  • mHealth Working Group
  • Has met twice; major goal identified is developing a white paper
  • Minutes from most recent call
  • Action Item: Schedule next call and invite participation through DCC list

Next Call

  • Dec. 17, 9-10:30
  • Recruiting/reinvigorating committees
  • Pharmacy report
  • Student volunteers

Domain Coordination Committee