IHE Domain Coordination Committee Teleconference Minutes 2013-10-22

From IHE Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Attendees

  • Laura Bright - PCC Tech
  • Chris Carr - RSNA
  • Mary Jungers - Documentation Specialist
  • Flora Lum - Eye Care
  • Kevin O'Donnell - IHE Radiology
  • Monroe Pattillo - PCD Plan
  • Amit Popat - QRPH Tech
  • Gila Pyke - ITI Tech
  • Nancy Ramirez - HIMSS
  • Michelle Williamson - QRPH Plan
  • Karen Witting - ITI Plan

RSNA staff: Chris Carr, La Shawn Edwards, Nichole Drye-Mayo, Joan McMillen

Absent Domains: Anatomic Pathology, Cardiology, Dental, Endoscopy, Laboratory, Pharmacy, Radiation Oncology, Surgery

Minutes

General Committee Business

1. Roll Call see Roster

  • Quorum attained: 6 of 11 active domains present

2. Approval of Sept. 24 Minutes

  • Motion: Approve as amended. Carried unanimously.

3. New Business: from Future Agenda Topics Page

  • Carried forward item regarding soliciting comment on supplement templates (see below)

4. Review Action Items List

  • Chris Carr and La Shawn Edwards to update for next meeting

Domain Announcements

  • Several domains (ITI, PCC, PCD, QRPH, Radiology) selecting work items for 2013-2014 development
  • Items identified as requiring cross-domain collaboration:
  • PCD working on implementing FDA UDI (Universal Device Identifier) in HL7 2.6 transactions; will make information available to Cardiology, Eye Care, ITI, PCC and Radiology and will collaborate with HL7 Orders and Observations committee


1. Domain Milestone Dates

  • Request co-chairs to add dates and number of work items (new and repub) as soon as known. Send via email to secretary @ ihe.net if you are not comfortable editing Wiki tables.

2. Domain Board Reports

  • Minor revisions suggested to report. Laura Bright will make them and resubmit
  • Motion: Approve report as amended. Carried unanimously.
  • Domain Report Template
  • Motion: Add table with the following headings to Significant Deployment Activity section of template for future reports:
  • Region
  • Organization Name
  • Profiles
  • Status (planning, installation, operational)
  • Contact
  • Carried unanimously.
  • Action Item: Chris Carr to add to template and republish.

Domain Coordination Issues

  • Cross-Domain Strategic Planning Work Group
  • DCC Members invited to review Strategic Planning Work Group dashboard here

Documentation, Websites and Public Information

  • Review the TF Supplement Template and comments after one cycle of use for publication
  • Supplement template and others published on ihe.net public comment page. Mary will update supplement template posted there to latest version.
  • Mary to send request to DCC to submit comments; Co-chairs to follow-up with supplement editors to solicit comments.
  • XDW and new workflow profiles (Telehome Monitoring and eReferral Workflow) are not specifically addressed in the new profile template; authors may propose new sections to meet the needs of documenting these profiles. Specifically solicit their input on template.
  • Tagging on Wiki: Comments from new committee members that Wiki is difficult to use and navigate
  • Need to identify specific difficult navigation tasks that can be improved with documentation or tagging
  • Add guidance on Wiki navigation to Tools page; description of major navigation categories - Kevin
  • Add guidance on on Wiki conventions for use of Category tags Tools page - Chris
  • Some useful categories of tags could be CPs, Profile Proposals; categories of information that could usefully be included in an index
  • Add link to main page pointing to section on navigation and Wiki use - Chris


  • Documentation Work Group outcomes from recent meeting regarding plan for Republication of Technical Frameworks in new templates. Conclusions:
  • Do not require that TI supplements be revised to conform to the new template until they published as Final Text
  • Revise section organization of TF documents to match high-level structure of new TF supplements; align with specific section guidance as appropriate.
  • Take one sample domain and work through how the conversion works in detail
  • Select domain to do trial run: possibly Radiology (one of the most challenging, big and uniquely structured)

Governance Implementation

  • Plan for delegation of co-chair tasks to committee volunteers (eg, students)
  • Chris will request from Celina and Nancy information on the possibility of using student intern/volunteers to perform administrative tasks; scope of involvement

Next steps and New Actions Items

  • Reschedule next call for Nov. 19
  • Reschedule Dec. call for Dec. 17


Domain Coordination Committee