IHE Domain Coordination Committee Teleconference Minutes 2013-10-22
- Laura Bright - PCC Tech
- Chris Carr - RSNA
- Mary Jungers - Documentation Specialist
- Flora Lum - Eye Care
- Kevin O'Donnell - IHE Radiology
- Monroe Pattillo - PCD Plan
- Amit Popat - QRPH Tech
- Gila Pyke - ITI Tech
- Nancy Ramirez - HIMSS
- Michelle Williamson - QRPH Plan
- Karen Witting - ITI Plan
RSNA staff: Chris Carr, La Shawn Edwards, Nichole Drye-Mayo, Joan McMillen
Absent Domains: Anatomic Pathology, Cardiology, Dental, Endoscopy, Laboratory, Pharmacy, Radiation Oncology, Surgery
General Committee Business
1. Roll Call see Roster
- Quorum attained: 6 of 11 active domains present
2. Approval of Sept. 24 Minutes
- Motion: Approve as amended. Carried unanimously.
3. New Business: from Future Agenda Topics Page
- Carried forward item regarding soliciting comment on supplement templates (see below)
4. Review Action Items List
- Chris Carr and La Shawn Edwards to update for next meeting
- Several domains (ITI, PCC, PCD, QRPH, Radiology) selecting work items for 2013-2014 development
- Items identified as requiring cross-domain collaboration:
- PCD working on implementing FDA UDI (Universal Device Identifier) in HL7 2.6 transactions; will make information available to Cardiology, Eye Care, ITI, PCC and Radiology and will collaborate with HL7 Orders and Observations committee
- Request co-chairs to add dates and number of work items (new and repub) as soon as known. Send via email to secretary @ ihe.net if you are not comfortable editing Wiki tables.
2. Domain Board Reports
- Minor revisions suggested to report. Laura Bright will make them and resubmit
- Motion: Approve report as amended. Carried unanimously.
- Domain Report Template
- Motion: Add table with the following headings to Significant Deployment Activity section of template for future reports:
- Organization Name
- Status (planning, installation, operational)
- Carried unanimously.
- Action Item: Chris Carr to add to template and republish.
Domain Coordination Issues
- Cross-Domain Strategic Planning Work Group
- DCC Members invited to review Strategic Planning Work Group dashboard here
Documentation, Websites and Public Information
- Review the TF Supplement Template and comments after one cycle of use for publication
- Supplement template and others published on ihe.net public comment page. Mary will update supplement template posted there to latest version.
- Mary to send request to DCC to submit comments; Co-chairs to follow-up with supplement editors to solicit comments.
- XDW and new workflow profiles (Telehome Monitoring and eReferral Workflow) are not specifically addressed in the new profile template; authors may propose new sections to meet the needs of documenting these profiles. Specifically solicit their input on template.
- Tagging on Wiki: Comments from new committee members that Wiki is difficult to use and navigate
- Need to identify specific difficult navigation tasks that can be improved with documentation or tagging
- Add guidance on Wiki navigation to Tools page; description of major navigation categories - Kevin
- Add guidance on on Wiki conventions for use of Category tags Tools page - Chris
- Some useful categories of tags could be CPs, Profile Proposals; categories of information that could usefully be included in an index
- Add link to main page pointing to section on navigation and Wiki use - Chris
- Documentation Work Group outcomes from recent meeting regarding plan for Republication of Technical Frameworks in new templates. Conclusions:
- Do not require that TI supplements be revised to conform to the new template until they published as Final Text
- Revise section organization of TF documents to match high-level structure of new TF supplements; align with specific section guidance as appropriate.
- Take one sample domain and work through how the conversion works in detail
- Select domain to do trial run: possibly Radiology (one of the most challenging, big and uniquely structured)
- Plan for delegation of co-chair tasks to committee volunteers (eg, students)
- Chris will request from Celina and Nancy information on the possibility of using student intern/volunteers to perform administrative tasks; scope of involvement
Next steps and New Actions Items
- Reschedule next call for Nov. 19
- Reschedule Dec. call for Dec. 17