IHE Domain Coordination Committee Teleconference Minutes 2012-05-22
General Committee Business
1. Roll Call see Roster
2. Approval of May 8, 2012 Minutes - not approved due to lack of quorum
3. New Business: from Future Agenda Topics Page
4. Review Action Items List
0. Teri Sippel Schmidt is transitioning off of IHE roles on the DCC and Documentation Workgroup to go back into the corporate world. However, her email address (email@example.com) and cell phone (262 385 6362) will remain valid if questions should arise in the future.
1. Domain Milestone Dates -cardiology meeting this week face to face to review public comments -European Connectathon meeting this week in Bern; too early for an update from them.
2. Domain Board Reports (10 min - Karen Witting)
- Radiation Oncology - completed & accepted by board
- Endoscopy - 3 months LATE - Kevin working with Endoscopy domain to improve report
- Anatomic Pathology - 1 month LATE - Expected in June; will review at meeting in Paris
- Radiology - LATE to DCC - due to DCC 5/10 - Kevin aware of due date; is working on it
- Patient Care Devices - due 6/7 - PCD aware of due date
- Comment was made that one of the reasons that "second round" of Board Reports seem to be late may be that the format of the board report template has changed significantly and domains are underestimating the amount of work that it takes to transition from last year's template to the current template. This should change with the Radiology domain since it was at that point that the new template was adopted.
Domain Coordination Issues
- Cross-Domain Strategic Planning Work Group (update - Mike Nusbaum/Chris Carr - 20 min)
- Update on Strategic Planning Retreat - There are two calls scheduled with the facilitator to work through the goals and agenda. (These are open calls, contact Chris Carr if you would like to attend/join.) The output (goals and agenda) of these calls will be presented to the Board at the next board meeting (2nd Thursday of the month; June 14th).
- Survey of SNOMED CT usage across domains (Juergen Brandstatter)
- no update available
Documentation, Websites and Public Information
- Documentation Work Group (10 min - Teri Sippel Schmidt)
- Current plans for Content Module template - The Documentation Workgroup has internally reviewed (to some extent) the following documents:
- Volume 1 (Profiles) TF "shell"
- Volume 3 (Content Modules) TF "shell"
- Supplement Template with CDA Content Modules added. Probably key document out for review.
- TFs General Introduction (one additional paragraph to describe Content Modules)
- TFs General Introduction Appendix E - Conventions (Cardinality, Optionality, etc.) This is an important document, also!
- It was recommended that until someone is identified to perform the review and incorporation of the public comments (ie. take over Teri's current role), however, the documents remain in an "updated" state, but not go out for public comment.
- Technical Framework Publication Planning and Schedule - 2012 cycle (10 min Mary Jungers)
- reminder of/reintroduction to the process
- See: Technical Framework Supplements Publication Schedule
- There are MANY documents coming due for publication in the next two weeks. Be certain to contact Mary Jungers if you have any questions about the schedule (link above) or how to submit a document. If a document misses its publication submission date, it will miss its Public Comment period, in turn, it will then not be able to be tested at the next Connectathon!