IHE Domain Coordination Committee Teleconference Minutes 2012-05-08

From IHE Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Attendees

  • Teri Sippel Schmidt, IHE
  • Andrew Casertano, Dental
  • Nichole Drye-Mayo
  • LaVerne Palmer
  • John Roads, PCD TC
  • Don VanSyckle, Eyecare
  • Derrick Evans, ITI
  • Karen Witting, ITI
  • Chris Pauer, RO
  • Tom Dolan, Cardiology
  • Celina Roth
  • Laura Bright, PCC
  • Sidrah Abdul, RO
  • Bruce Curran, RO
  • Sondra Renly, Lab

Minutes

General Committee Business

1. Roll Call see Roster

2. Approval of April 24, 2012 Minutes Unanimous approval

3. New Business: from Future Agenda Topics Page

4. Review Action Items List

Domain Announcements

1. Domain Milestone Dates


2. Recap/important updates from any of the domain Technical Committee meetings last week? (15 min - all)

ITI Recap - Focus was making progress on the mobile health profile (developing an interface with XDS that is applicable with a mobile device; editor John Moehrke); worked on critical findings whitepaper

PCC Recap - XDW - E-referral and telemonitoring; Request for Clinical Knowledge profile - both moving along well; Nursing workflow profile also making some progress

QRPH Recap - CRD used for Clincal Research trial; (EHCP - split into 3 different profiles: Care plan; Quality measure for execution; quality measure for definition; one more profile with transactions pushed into next years work); NANI - way to capture required ADT information for mother and child; Administrative Data Collection Whitepaper - all moving forward


2b. Call for Proposals - Celina/HIMSS - How can we better engage international authors during Call for Proposals? QRPH, ITI and PCC - end of publication cycle Encourage international participation's through various means Do not limit any profile proposals. Profile proposals are just ideas. The profile proposer and the editor are not necessarily the same person. Some domains hold meetings outside U.S. annually. Others hold off-business hours meetings. Confirm profile editors are able to participate in on-site face to face meetings; encourage international participation by including Recorded Webinar on how to develop an IHE profile and expectations; will make webinar review mandatory for all considering being editors to review: Lisa Nelson will present; Part of the profile evaluation process has to be "Is there a committed editor?" If the editor cannot be onsite for face to face meetings, put that profile on a slow/extended schedule. For non-English speaking editors, pair with a joint editor. This has worked very well. As long as all meetings are in the U.S., on-site participation cannot be required.


2c. Don Van Syckle and Andrew Casertano are working with the ADA with IHE Dental and DICOM activities Just started organizing Dental group; planning meeting focusing on goals of group; main technical scenario is to exchange images between dental offices; exchange images over network and with media; aligns with Radiology Technical committee; provided comments to Rad Tech; goal is to come out with a framework by Fall (by September) through IHE Dental domain and will go out to PC by RSNA time; Point to point exchange or some form of scheduled workflow


3. Domain Board Reports (10 min - Karen Witting)

Endoscopy - still following up

Radiation Oncology - will present this week at IHE International Board mtg

Anatomic Pathology - late report; what to do here?

Radiology is due this week - Kevin O'D is aware.

Patient Care Devices due to DCC beginning of June

Domain Coordination Issues

  • Keith Boone will be providing an IHE profile update to the HL7 Working Group meeting in Vancouver on May 14th. Keith will be submitting a report of new IHE activities that use or which are relevant to HL7. By May 11th (Friday), if all domains could please provide Keith with a one or two line summary of the intent of the profile and which HL7 standards are used, Keith will summarize all of the information. If your domain has provided a recent board report that has what is needed, you could just simply send him a link. (<keith.boone@ge.com>); send by 5/11/2012

Abstention: 1 - Karen Objections: None

Action Item: Approved to add to the Wiki; Chris Carr will replace current wiki page with this new one


Send agenda items to CC for consideration

Karen Witting developed a draft agenda available on Wiki Each domain should have a domain representative identified who should be present at this retreat. If you have issues/ideas/concerns you should present to your board rep and have them bring to retreat. Or, join the DCC Strategic Working Group.


  • Survey of SNOMED CT usage across domains (Juergen Brandstatter)

Defer to 5/23 call

Documentation, Websites and Public Information

  • Documentation Work Group (10 min - Teri Sippel Schmidt)
    • If interested please join calls on Mondays at 3pm CT
  • Recap ITI/PCC/QRPH joint meeting on Wed, May 2nd - got through most of "new" Vol 1, did not get as far in Content Modules supplement template as had hoped, but the joint review did serve to get people interested and on the same page.
  • Current plans for Content Module template: 5 weeks or so of Public Comment, beginning hopefully late May; straddle other domain's Public Comment periods.
  • Like to get new CDA template in place by September so everyone can use the same
    • trying something new: 2 different formats acceptable: 1. tabular and 2. discrete conformance
  • Technical Framework Publication Planning and Schedule - 2012 cycle (10 min Mary Jungers)

Governance Implementation

Next steps and New Actions Items

  • Next Call May 22, 2012, 9am-10:30am CT

Domain Coordination Committee