IHE Domain Coordination Committee Teleconference Minutes 2011-05-10

From IHE Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Attendees

  • Laura Bright - PCC Tech
  • Rick Butler - Eye Care Tech
  • Chris Carr - RSNA
  • Bruce Curran - RO Tech
  • Christel Daniel - Anapath Plan/Tech
  • Didi Davis - QRPH Plan
  • Tom Dolan - Cardio Tech
  • Nichole Drye-Mayo - RSNA
  • Rob Horn - ITI Tech
  • Mary Jungers - Document Specialist
  • Francois Macary - Lab Plan
  • Mike McCoy - PCC Plan
  • Steve Moore - Tech Proj Mgr
  • Mike Nusbaum - ITI Plan
  • Amit Popat - QRPH Tech
  • Antje Schroeder - Cardio Tech
  • Teri Sippel-Schmidt - Process Specialist
  • Karen Witting - ITI Plan

Absent domains: Pharmacy, Radiology

Minutes

General Committee Business

1. Roll Call see Roster

  • Quorum attained

2. Approval of April 26 Minutes

3. New Business: from Future Agenda Topics Page (review to pull at least one item forward for review? -all?)

4. Review Action Items List

Domain Announcements

1. Request for new Domain Announcements (5 min- ITI/PCC/QRPH/PCD/PAT co-chairs to confirm)

  • Outcomes of face-to-face meetings
  • ITI: 4 of 5 supplements ready for release; tcon today to finalize 5th one
  • Rob Horn will deliver drafts to Mary Jungers tomorrow
  • PCC: Final meetings for Reconciliation profile today; two more meetings scheduled for Transport profile
  • Deliver to Mary Jungers by May 20
  • QRPH: Eight supplements to be published and re-published
  • PRPH-Ca: will separate out three content profiles for publication
  • June 8 is scheduled date for delivery of supplements to Mary Jungers
  • Committee still has work to do to prioritize supplements for publication

2. Cardiology published the CIRC (Cardiac Imaging Report Content) Profile and would appreciate input from other domains, especially PCC. Public Comment ends on May 23, 2011.

Domain Coordination Issues

  • Still need requests from Anatomical Pathology, other domains
  • Should be reviewed regularly by Domain TC chairs. Notify Mary Jungers of any changes in schedule or list.
  • Status
  • Lab - Updated, ready for re-review
  • Anatomic Pathology - Ready for Review
  • Radiation Oncology - Ready for Review
  • Radiology - Requesting an extension (due 5/5)
  • Patient Care Devices - Due 6/9
  • Radiology - discussion of request for extension
  • Concern that this delay will set a bad precedence.
  • Request Radiology to submit report by 5/19 for review on 5/24 tcon.
  • Review and clarified based on committee comments.
  • Action Item: Chris Carr will post updated document to ftp site.
  • Motion: Approve amended report for presentation to IHE International Board. Approved unanimously.
  • Review and clarified report based on committee comments.
  • Action Item: Chris Carr will post RO Domain Board report to ftp site.
  • Motion: Approve amended report for presentation to IHE International Board. Approved unanimously.
  • Additional information needs to be provided
  • Updated draft due for committee review by 5/19 for review on 5/24 tcon.
  • Action Item: Chris Carr to schedule next work group tcon.
  • Cross-Domain Documentation Work Group Tcon Update (deferred)
  • Review new proposal for Technical Review Board process(deferred)
  • "Optionality" Discussion/Informational Update - (deferred)
  • DICOM and HL7 v2.x - R and R2 is maintained for historical reasons (and has worked effectively)
  • CDA - move to newer methodology
  • Affects upcoming QRPH and PCC F2F decisions
  • Review discussions from last week's F2F meetings

Documentation, Websites and Public Information

  • IHE International Webinar Series: Planning, dates, contributors (10 min - Celina Roth)

Process Improvement

  • Public Comment Process
  • Proposal for new public comment process to replace RSNA forums
  • Sample domain test page: http://www.ihe.net/qrph/qrphcomments.cfm
  • Process would give commenters the option to submit via Web (Google) form or Excel spreadsheet submitted to dedicated Google Group.
  • Enables commenters to submit without delay of subscribing to forums.
  • Committees can manage comments using Google Spreadsheet behind Web form or by exporting information to Excel file(s).
  • Comments on form
  • possible to allow form to "remember" entries?
  • different committees can determine different methods for managing and publishing comments
  • request in instructions that commenters provide one spreadsheet per supplement and indicate in subject line which supplement they are referring to
  • Action Item: Chris Carr to propose to each technical committee's co-chairs and secretary that they use this method for upcoming public comment cycle. Consider making mandatory in future cycles.

Governance Implementation

Next steps and New Actions Items

  • May 24, 9-10:30am CDT


Domain Coordination Committee