IHE Domain Coordination Committee Teleconference Minutes 2011-04-26

From IHE Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Attendees

  • Juergen Brandstaetter - Pharmacy Plan/Tech
  • Laura Bright - PCC Tech
  • Chris Carr - RSNA
  • Bruce Curran - RO Tech
  • Didi Davis - QRPH Plan/Tech
  • Rob Horn - ITI Tech
  • Mary Jungers - Doc Specialist
  • Steve Merritt - PCD Tech
  • Steve Moore - Tech Proj Mgr
  • Mike Nusbaum - ITI Plan
  • Celina Roth - HIMSS
  • Antje Schroeder - Cardio Tech
  • Teri Sippel Schmidt - Process Specialist
  • Karen Witting - ITI Plan
  • Rick Butler - Eye Care Plan
  • Simon Letellier - Pharmacy Plan/Tech
  • John Rhoads - PCD Tech
  • Mike McCoy - PCC Plan
  • Amit Popat - QRPH Plan/Tech
  • John Donnelly - Interop Showcase

Absent domains: Anatomic Pathology, Lab, Radiology

Minutes

General Committee Business

1. Roll Call see Roster (5 min - all)

2. Approval of April 12 Minutes (5 min -all)

3. New Business: from Future Agenda Topics Page (urgent item pulled up to this agenda from Steve Moore 4/25/11)

4. Review Action Items List (defer)

Domain Announcements

1. Request for new Domain Announcements (5 min- ITI/PCC/QRPH/PCD/PAT co-chairs to confirm)

  • Upcoming F2F meetings: week of May 1st: ITI, PCC, QRPH; week of May 8th: PCD; week of May 15th: PAT
  • IHE RO TC meeting and pre-testing May 2-13
  • May 2-5, 13 Tech Cmte meeting; two supplements: Integrated Patient Delivery; series of CPs to update TF to current structure
  • May 6-12 Pre-testing, informal Connectathon
  • IHE Cardio: May 24-25, Tech Cmte meeting to process public comments on Cardiac Imaging Report Content (CIRC)
  • IHE Pharmacy: plans to make use of ITI XDW profile; no new profiles planned within domain for this cycle

Domain Coordination Issues

  • Added publication dates Lab, Pharmacy and Radiation Oncology, on call, rest will be emailed directly to Mary. Still awaiting input from Anatomic Pathology. PCD to confirm dates as they become known.
  • Mary Jungers has developed this timeline to schedule, track and coordinate the flow of document publication work (on wiki)
  • Co-chairs should also use the timeline to confirm their Public Comment and other publication plans; notify Mary Jungers of any requests to change to planned schedule
  • All Profiles to be tested must be Published at Trial Implementation stage prior to the Call for Participation for the Connectathon (in August) to be able to be tested at the Connectathon.
  • Status
  • Lab - See detailed notes below
  • Anatomic Pathology - Late (due 4/7)
  • Radiation Oncology - Due 5/5)
  • Radiology - Due 5/5
  • Committee reviewed report and comments by Kevin O'Donnell
  • Information missing on several elements currently listed as TBD
  • Refer report back to domain secretary and co-chairs to provide additional information
  • Action Item: Chris Carr and Nichole Drye-Mayo to contact secretary and co-chairs to request additional information
  • Updated Lab Domain report to be presented to DCC for review on upcoming call
  • Respond to questions Board may have brought up on 4/14 call regarding progress and form.
  • Cross-Domain Documentation Work Group Tcon Update (5 min - Karen or Teri)
  • See meeting minutes of Doc Workgroup for more details
  • Vol 0 (across all domains) is approx 85% complete, but has several detailed Appendices which are under development and incomplete (Glossary, List of Actors, Transactions, etc.)
  • Vol 1 Template approx 80% complete
  • Vol 2-4 Templates incomplete
  • Intent is to have full Vol 0 and all Template package ready to review by Aug 31, out for 1 month Public Comment
  • Plan to publish for use by all Domains end of October, 2011
  • First domain to be impacted (trial) is Radiology in November
  • NOTE that Work will be created for all Domains to conform to new IHE Documentation Standards


  • "Optionality" Discussion/Informational Update - (15 min Steve Moore)
  • DICOM and HL7 v2.x - R, R2 and O is maintained for historical reasons (and has worked effectively)
  • PCC redefined R and R2 to meet their needs, as has Cardiology recently
  • CDA - move to newer methodology which has come out of the HL7 harmonization efforts
  • Affects upcoming QRPH and PCC F2F, as well as any other Content Module, decisions
  • Next task- PCC and others given Change Proposals to move to HL7 CDA model moving forward
  • Leave old CDA templates "as is", change current Public Comment and moving forward; revisit old CDA documents as time permits
  • Be sure not to be silent on nulls - explicitly state permitted or not
  • Steve Moore to submit more concrete proposal for PCC and QRPH (and other CDA Content Modules) moving forward

Documentation, Websites and Public Information

  • IHE International Webinar Series: Planning, dates, contributors (10 min - Celina Roth)
  • Review process for items being added to ihe.net (10 min - Chris Carr)
  • Updating old material - noted that Profile Descriptions on www.ihe.net are out of date and should be updated to match the wiki description for general user

Process Improvement

  • Public Comment Process (10 min - Nichole Drye-Mayo and/or Steve Moore)
  • Change the process for entering public comments from RSNA Forums to Google Docs. We can publish a form that someone can fill in that will map directly to the columns in the spreadsheet we use for tracking. Nichole did a prototype of this. She can present that work or Steve can.
  • This is urgent because the F2F meetings for ITI/PCC/QRPH will need to reference some mechanism for entering comments. Default would be to fall back to the RSNA Forums. It would be helpful to use this new Google Doc mechanism.

Governance Implementation

Next steps and New Actions Items

  • May 10, 9-10:30am CDT


Domain Coordination Committee