IHE Domain Coordination Committee 2009-09-29 Teleconference Minutes

From IHE Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Attendees

  • Rick Butler - Eye Care TC
  • Todd Cooper - PCD TC
  • Bruce Curran - RO Tech
  • Ana Estelrich - QRPH Plan
  • Mike McCoy - PCC Plan
  • Mike Nusbaum - ITI Planning
  • Kevin O'Donnell - Rad Planning
  • Sondra Renly - Lab TC
  • John Rhoads - PCD TC
  • Jason Colquitt, QRPH
  • Karen Witting - ITI Tech
  • Yvonne Horton - HIMSS
  • Celina Roth - HIMSS
  • Lisa Spellman - HIMSS
  • Mark Schofield - HIMSS
  • Chris Carr - RSNA
  • Joan McMillen - RSNA
  • Nichole Drye-Mayo - RSNA

Minutes

General Committee Business

1. Roll Call see Roster

2. Approval of September 15 Minutes

  • Motion: Approve Minutes; approved with 3 abstentions

3. New Business: from Future Agenda Topics Page

4. Review Action Items List

Domain Announcements

1. Domain Milestone Dates

  • Rad Onc issued call for proposals on Aug. 6

Domain Coordination Issues

1. IHE Pipeline Impedance Matching

  • Page identifies the critical factors in successful adoption of profiles
  • Need to identify metrics for each stage
  • Action Item: Planning and Technical Co-chairs to review page and send comments on key considerations and potential metrics to Domain Coordination Committee list

2. Community Bandwidth to review profiles

  • Simultaneous publication of large batch of profiles makes it impossible for the broader community to review all the relevant profiles from their own and other domains
  • Several alternatives proposed
  • Multiple publication cycles through the year
  • ITI, PCC and QRPH considering moving to two development cycles per year concentrating on smaller batches of profiles
  • Initial step is to identify a few profiles for potential early release
  • Could be one planning meeting or multiple planning cycles
  • Staggered publication cycles across domains
  • Calendars would need to be coordinated carefully
  • Many domains have the same endpoint goal: Connectathon

3. Evaluation of published profiles

  • Annual process ongoing; well documented on Wiki

4. HL7 Subgroup

  • No activity toward completion of needed Appendix document in the last several months
  • February deadline for document approved by Domain Coordination Committee to be incorporated into Technical Frameworks
  • Needs to go through CP process in ITI and other domains
  • Subgroup needs additional leadership to move forward
  • Propose adding Rob Horn as liaison to oversee work
  • Action Item: Chris Carr to send message to Rob, Yongjian Bao and Vassil to schedule teleconference and set timeline for completion of work

Documentation, Websites and Public Information

  • Review Draft Domain Board Reports - Deferred pending completion of reports
    • Anatomic Pathology
    • Pharmacy
  • New Trial Implementation profiles need to be added
  • Action Item: Planning Committee Co-chairs to update list with their Trial Implementation profiles
  • Review Radiology annual TF development cycle. (Proposal-Selection-Draft-PublicComment-TI Publication)

Governance Implementation

  • Update on Roster Pruning/Committee Recruitment
  • Sample Roster Confirmation Message
  • Action Item: Committee Secretaries to distribute message to their lists and prune rosters accordingly

Next steps and New Actions Items

1. Next call - October 13, 9:00am - 10:30am CDT

  • Update from PCC and PCD face-to-face meetings


Domain Coordination Committee