The Document Registry Actor maintains metadata about each registered document in a document entry. This includes a link to the Document in the Repository where it is stored. The Document Registry responds to queries from Document Consumer actors about documents meeting specific criteria. It also enforces some healthcare specific technical policies at the time of document registration.
Responsibilities in Profiles
A system that supports an Actor does not have to meet the requirements in any given Profile unless the system claims support of that Profile in the product Integration Statement.
This Profile depends on the actor to:
- use patient identifiers provided by a Patient Identity Source to ensure that XDS Documents metadata registered is associated with a known patient,
- update patient identity in document metadata by tracking identity change operations (e.g. merge)
- index, store and retrieve document metadata,
- recieve and execute queries against the stored document metadata,
- return selected metadata to the Document Consumer
This Profile depends on the actor to perform the same functions as for XDS above.
This page is based on the Actor Template