DEV Joint 2020-07-22 Webex

From IHE Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Patient Care Device Domain

Meeting Purpose

Joint DEV Domain Meeting (PCD, PCH, DPi): At the Regularly Scheduled Meeting Time

WebEx Information

Topic: Joint DEV Domain Meeting

Regularly Scheduled Meeting Time

- Time: 11:00 am, Eastern Time (New York)
- Duration: 60 Minutes

Proposed Agenda

1. Agenda Approval
2. Review Discussion Summary: DEV Joint 2020-06-24 Webex
3. Standards Coordination
4. Ballots - None currently
5. Marketing DEV, IHE
6. Calendar http://wiki.ihe.net/index.php?title=Domain_Milestone_Dates
- Status of Adopted Workitem Proposals DEV_Proposals: Cycle 15
Quiet Hospital
New Profiles
7. DEV Action Item Review
8. Programs activities
- PCD
- PCH
- DPi
9. Other Business
- Tiger Team update
- Virtual F2F (September?)
- DEV meeting week (3rd or 4th week)?
10. Next and Recent Meetings
- Dev Cochair July 21, 2020
- Dev Domain July 22, 2020

Action Items from Previous Meetings

None currently

See DEV Planning Committee Action Items and DEV Technical Committee Action Items

Significant changes, other than dates, will be in bold.

References

  • Published and Draft Versions of the TF, Supplements, Other Documents:
- The PCD ftp site has draft versions.
- Published (and possibly in the process of being replaced with new versions):
o http://ihe.net/Technical_Framework/index.cfm#pcd
  • Not Yet Published:
o ftp://ftp.ihe.net/Patient_Care_Devices/Profiles/

Participants

Cochairs: Kurt Elliason, Thom Erickson, Javier Espina, Todd Cooper, Rob Wilder
Technical Project Manager: Michael J. Kirwan
Chair: Rob Wilder
Guests: Todd Cooper, Thom Erickson, Javier Espina, Ken Fuchs, Monroe Pattillo, Paul Schluter, Paul Sherman, Rob Wilder

Discussion

Discussion Summaries do not require formal approval, while minutes of meetings where votes are taken do. Participants are encouraged to review and bring up significant issues with discussion summaries of previous meetings. Votes will be taken to approve meetings where votes took place; these may be email ballots.

Item Topic Discussion
1 Introductions & Agenda Review
- Chair
Status/Discussion:

Decisions/Issues:

Agenda approved

Action(s):

2 Discussion Summary or Approval of Minutes
- Chair
Status/Discussion:
- Accepted

Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):

3 Agenda Items
- Standards Coordination
Status/Discussion:
- Rob led today's discussion. No further additions to the agenda noted, the agenda was approved.
- Reviewed discussion/meeting summary from last month.
3. Standards Coordination
- Paul Schluter noted no news on nomenclature but they are working on the ventilator and a few other things. We are currently in vacation season so a bit slow.
4. Ballots - None currently and nothing planned.
5. Marketing DEV, IHE
- Ken noted he’s part of EMBC Webinar sessions and will be providing a presentation. There are two sessions, each 1.5 hours long, which will cover standardization in healthcare. He will give discuss IHE as as part of his presentations. Presentation may not be shared but Ken can share the slides. The recording may be available publicly at some point. Ken’s slides are located on the Google drive here: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1HSAUUQfDPSFO60QVq04ONfuH7pMPTqad
- Quiet hospital (discussed below).
- Todd noted that for SDPi, a European group focused on marketing is creating messaging and collateral. In August we may have stuff to share with this group.
- Rob noted that the Cotinga Webinar is to be shared once available.
6. Calendar http://wiki.ihe.net/index.php?title=Domain_Milestone_Dates
- Reviewed milestones. Michael noted that he spoke to Mary Jungers and made a few updates to the milestones such as column E for DEV (as there have been 2 new/repub PC supplements this year).
- Todd to send an email on TF updates. In past things have gotten developed and tossed over to Mary so now there is more interaction. This is necessary as we’ve moved to more of an on demand publishing cycle.
- Status of Adopted Work item Proposals DEV_Proposals: Cycle 15
- Quiet Hospital – Rob noted the work is moving along and that in recent meetings they’ve discussed the spreadsheet reviewing the swim-lanes. They will be breaking these out and will address a few more scenarios. This will be the background of use-cases which, once complete, will marry these in a document and will ensure we have a broad understanding for its readers. Todd is focused on getting the first draft of this supplement out noting that it’s not an easy list due to questions about the SDPi profiles:, are they technical or content profiles or a combination of these. XDS may be more of a technical document and workflow in radiology more complex and tightly bound. He’s looking at the constructs, specifically the central. Leaning to keeping SDPi technical and more semantics but next year they may decide to have a workflow profile which may be where you have a central station. We know the pieces but trying to figure out the use-cases (so the vision for the DEV domain). More participation from clinicians would be encouraged (this so our focus on the profiles is good). Rob notes we do have a provider attending (Ricky) who joined the meeting (and contributed input). Rob spoke to him after the call and encouraged him to participate further. There are other people interested as well. Todd and Rob will continue to work on the spreadsheet. We can do a review of this after Todd’s vacation next week.
- New Profiles – No new profiles planned right now.
- Todd noted IHE GitHub IO, will be used for web pages and documents repository. He questioned what the plan was from IHE International for all of the recent changes.
- Michael to provide the link to the doc repo on future DEV agendas (not clear where it is): https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1bASbQ802YbXVr--1kCiAGeyKCk6Om6Tv
7. DEV Action Item Review
- We closed Todd’s action item on the Tiger Team. Todd questioned other actions we should include on the DEV list. Michael added Wiki Web updates to the list. Todd questioned if we should include the Board report as an action (also added). Todd will send Michael other actions that should be added.
- Thom noted a disconnect between programs electing TC & PC Cochairs vs the ballot at the DEV Domain level. Michael added the action to Finalize the DEV Cochair Leadership (PCD vs DEV TC & PC). Further discussion on the process: It was noted early on that programs would nominate their own TC and PC and then run a formal ballot at the Domain level. Paul questioned this noting this is only an issue for PCD (as they have multiple programs). Thom question that if you have 6 candidates, 2 for each program (TC and PC), how would this be voted on at the Domain level (could others be added)? Paul noted that we can narrow this down to 2 senior cochairs at the Domain level. Todd provided his thoughts on what was decided early on noting that each program can figure out their own consensus process and send over their 2 TC & PC. These would represent the DEV at the domain level. The Programs could decide who they want on ballot for the DEV domain. For each program there would be 2 names put forward for the DEV ballot. Javier questioned whether we want to put the same 2 people at the DEV level. Agreed to continue in our term. In a future PCH call the group will just need to confirm (PCH meeting planned for the first week of August). We can then ballot in August. Todd noted that the action item is to get this stuff within the Wiki.
- Also questioned was how balloting should work: if at the Domain level, do you have to participate at both the Domain and Program levels, is there flexibility here. Noted that all official ballots happen at the Domain level. And at the Program level, it’s the group’s choice (how they get consensus). Noted by Paul that you must participate in 2 of the last 3 ballots, not meetings, and that this happens at the Domain level.
- Questioned what the criteria was for voting on a given ballot. Paul noted that if you have eligibility at the Domain level you would typically have a representative vote. The representative must be an IHE member and have attended 2 consecutive ballots or voting meetings or a combination there of (a F2F or ballot). He further noted that the first vote is a place marker and the second vote counts and establishes you as a voting member. Participation at only the Program level would be insufficient; however, as PCH is new, we can make an exception. Todd noted that the principle is to prevent people from showing up out of the blue and voting, so we grandfathered this in the process and you do need to be on the TC and PC roster. Paul notes that he doesn’t have a Domain roster. Todd noted we would need to create a DEV roster. Michael to add the roster as an action. Todd noted that he would do this.
- Javier questioned if a member has several representatives, does the attendance of any individual from the company count for voting? Noted that it’s by company attendance when the emails are sent out (so any company individual would count as part of the ballot requirements. So, we have to trust that they are voting according to the desire of their company). Yes, based on company when emails for ballots are sent out.
8. Programs activities
- PCD – Nothing more here.
- PCH
– Thom summarized the current work on the new Abstract Information Content Model noting it was moving forward. He also noted that the Bluetooth SIG approved Generic Health Sensor and that this work would likely take 18 months.
- PCH is all developing value proposition worksheets. He noted that this identified the need to update the IHE RPM profile.
- Javier and Thom are officially approved at the PCH TC and PC level.
- Thom also mentioned that the group is studying & defining COAP transport for direct-to-cloud (D2C). ::- Additionally, they have not yet started Mobile Health Apps (Keith Boone delayed due to other activities related to Covid-19).
- Thom noted that they are still seeking funding to complete the CTT/Gazelle integration an dCTT support of POU. They will develop procedures for remote CAT (if funded). Thom provides slides and Michael to add to Google drive. Todd noted that in the Testing and tools meeting last week, there was a survey of 104 orgs that might participate in the Connectathon. These are the same portion of profiles that we’ll test next January. IHE working on this now to see what can be done remotely. We currently don’t know who is looking at this but Todd believes that we could look at the spreadsheet and quickly decide what we can accomplish remotely.
- Dpi – no update.
9. Other Business
- Tiger Team update – this action was closed, so will remove from future meetings.
- Virtual F2F (September?) – Noted that we’re starting the planning for this event. It went well last time. We are fairly certain that this will be virtual. There is an added wiki and we will be looking at this next week.
- DEV meeting week (3rd or 4th week)?
- Currently this is the 4th week but we could decide to move this to the 3rd week. Questioned what happens when we get into the 5 week months? Noted that it’s just a week off. Concluded that we’ll leave it on the 4th week (currently working well for the group).
10. Next and Recent Meetings
- DEV Cochairs July 21, 2020 DEV Cochairs 2020-07-21 Webex
- DEV Domain July 22, 2020 DEV Joint 2020-07-22 Webex
- DEV Cochairs August 25, 2020, DEV Cochairs 2020-08-25 Webex
- DEV Domain (Joint) August 26, 2020 DEV Joint 2020-08-26 Webex
- DEV Domain F2F Sept 2020 DEV Domain F2F Sep 2020 Webex

Next Meetings

The next meetings are:

- DEV Cochairs August 25, 2020, DEV Cochairs 2020-08-25 Webex
- DEV Domain (Joint) August 26, 2020 DEV Joint 2020-08-26 Webex
- DEV Domain F2F Sept 2020 DEV Domain F2F Sep 2020 Webex

PCD Home