Difference between revisions of "PCD Technical Committee Action Items"

From IHE Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
(Items 190-199)
(Items 200 - 209)
(109 intermediate revisions by 2 users not shown)
Line 15: Line 15:
 
==Items 100-109 are closed==
 
==Items 100-109 are closed==
  
==Items 110-119==
+
==Items 110-119 are closed==
 
+
:{|border="2"
+
|-
+
! width="5%"  align="center" |Number
+
! width="15%"  align="left"  |Action
+
! width="5%"  align="left"  |Owner
+
! width="15%"  align="left"  |Participants
+
! width="5%"  align="left"  |Due Date
+
! width="5%"  align="left"  |Status
+
!              align="left"  |Comments
+
 
+
|-
+
| align="center" | 118
+
| '''<Action Item>''' | Implementation Guide
+
| '''<Owner>:'''  | John Garguilo
+
| '''<Participants>''' |
+
| '''<Due Date>'''  | June 1, 2016
+
| '''<Status>''' |OPEN
+
| '''<Comments>:'''  | May 2011 F2F, reviewed by TC June 1: John Garguilo will provide a first draft of the Implementation Guide and vendors will be essential contributors. Sept. 5, 2012: Change date to October 19, 2012. Nov. 12, 2012: Change date to March 13, 2013.  Jan. 9, 2013: John Garguilo reported Sandra will look at POI supplement as an initial PCD example. John Rhoads noted that an implantation guide is very different than specifications found in the TF. Add Sandra. An example will be provided at the F2F. Change date to April 17. Oct 22, Discussion of progress and planned progress, plan on webex for users in November.  Nov 6, 2013:  John G – building resources to help implement. Building a guide from the TF, hone in on other items. Will be 2014 Spring f2f Goal – impl gde 0.1 for vol 2.  Change date to December 8  January 15, 2014:  Still working on PCD-01 walk through. Change date to March 26  June 11, 2014: Build a base implementation guide to follow TF.  Change date to Sept 24  October 15, 2014: John G can provide an update at F2F, add to agenda.  Two parts – how to build software and also documentation.Change date to F2F.  Nov 5, 2014:  Still in progress, Dec 3, 2014:  First pass will be basic structure.  Some will be auto-generated.  Will need some help to describe constraints and use cases.  Once created, it can be reused in other message types.  Change date to end of December.  Jan 4, 2015:  No change, push to February.  Feb 11, 2015:  Set date to end of March.  April 22, 2015: New NIST tool not quite ready, will update when it's ready. Change date to June 10.  June 3, 2015:  Change due date to July 1  July 1, 2015:  Still working on it, change date to August 19.  Aug 19, 2015:  In progress, change date to Sept 30.  Oct 14, 2015:  John will update at F2F, There will be some interim work as well. Oct 22, 2015: Ties to Igamt and tcamt work. Trying to implement PCD-01. Will mirror TF Vol 2, provide more focused device specialization guides. Set date to Dec 31.
+
:Dec 15, 2015:  Will likely be a F2F item.  Change date to April F2F.
+
:'''April 21, 2016: IGANT has come a long way since started.  Originally for MU use, plan a more constrained model for IHE.  Tuesday discussion on Casc, Gazelle and Casc work leads to a virtual machine.  It'll be fairly formal for certification.  Monroe has done a good job.  The guides are a constrained document, tied closely to Vol 3.  Need to constrain the message to tie in to message and device type.  Leads to device type specific messages.  IGANT still being developed, somewhat recursive.  John has a couple of items to resolve before showing it to us, should be soon.  Goal - show at HL7 meeting in May.  If specs/profiles are done, then can be used to auto-build tools.  Helps to support multiple areas, allows 'custom' tool for each need.  Eliminates need to interpret.  Once base message defined, can easily know how to make your system compliant.  Set due date to June 1 '''
+
 
+
 
+
 
+
|}
+
  
 
==Items 120-129 are Closed==
 
==Items 120-129 are Closed==
Line 58: Line 33:
 
==Items 160-169 are Closed==
 
==Items 160-169 are Closed==
  
==Items 170-179==
+
==Items 170-179 are Cosed==
 +
 
 +
==Items 180-189 are closed==
 +
 
 +
==Items 190-199==
  
 
:{|border="2"  
 
:{|border="2"  
Line 69: Line 48:
 
! width="5%  align="left"  |Open/Closed
 
! width="5%  align="left"  |Open/Closed
 
!              align="left"  |Description/Update
 
!              align="left"  |Description/Update
 +
 +
 +
  
 
|-
 
|-
| align="center" | 170
+
| align="center" | 196
| '''<Action Item>''' | Convert IPEC to EC
+
| '''<Action Item>''' | Add PCD specific values to HL7 table 78
| '''<Owner>:'''  | Todd Cooper
+
| '''<Owner>:'''  | John Garguilo
 
| '''<Participants>''' |  
 
| '''<Participants>''' |  
| '''<Due Date>'''  | October 21, 2016
+
| '''<Due Date>'''  | Feb 3, 2021
 
| '''<Status>''' |OPEN
 
| '''<Status>''' |OPEN
| '''<Comments>:'''  | Spring 2013 F2F: CP to change the name and provide additional changes to convert IPEC to EC. To be completed in time to submit for ballot and TIAugust 6, 2014:  Change due date to October 8, 2014 October 15, 2014: Push to next cycle Change due date to F2F for brief discussion (15 Minutes). Dec 17, 2014Change due date to April 2015 F2F.   Jan 7, 2015: Cochairs will come up with a direction and bring up to F2F.   June 10, 2015:  Set due date to June 17.   June 17, 2015Todd disowned it a bitEC is a higher scale; use IPEC as a specialty of ECA small number of generalities would cover themEC was mostly device to device, don't always require human interventionJoe will contact Todd to discuss at TC, change due date to August and add to agenda. (Check F2F notes).   Aug 5, 2015Joe will ping Todd againChange date to Sep 2 TC.   Sep 2, 2015: Working on IPEC right now. Al working on a sample message, hope to review at F2FChange to F2F.   Oct 22, 2015Do we take it down a notch and put info in framework, and let device specific groups define as needed (IPEC becomes an example of EC)? IPEC principles can provide a base for others to build on. Close this and open another to create common EC material to go into TF. Owner of new AI – IPEC team and John R. What is the need for this material? Would be a template for other equipment types to build onChange date to Nov 4.
+
| '''<Comments>:'''  | From 2016 NA Connectathon.  Status is in PCD TF v5 Vol2 page 119 at line 2890, but not in NIST Tool which only supports values from HL7 Table 0078.  We can suggest table changes to HL7, John will take this to HL7.
:Nov 4, 2015: Suggest moving this past Connectathon and Showcase.  It's a cure with no known disease. Move to April Face to Face. Paul Schluter - May be tied to containment work.
+
April 21, 2016:  Values are in TF.  John will approach HL7 vocab group at their meeting in two weeks.  Anticipates no issue.  If not successful, will add XML table.  Set to PC&TC meeting May 18.
:'''April 20, 2016Long historyCommunicate items that need to go to people, addressed a lot by ACMSome device sourced events may be delivered to other systems (such as CMMS)IPEC was a successful limited implementationOther profile based comms have not been as successfulTodd took it, then ended up with other activities. John Rhoads willing to take over, but will need to be after summer, as he has other projectsMore use this as a templateResult a single EC document or a new document using IPEC as a model? Likely leave IPEC as isChange name from 'Convert' to 'Port IPEC Concepts' Change owner to John R and due date to next F2F.'''
+
: May 18, 2016: Couldn't find the term we wanted to add, please send it to John. Change date to June 1. Should be in Vol 2, reference to table 78. Set to next TC meeting.
 +
:June 1, 2016: Change to July 6 TC call.
 +
: July 6, 2016: Nothing new, set to next TC meeting.
 +
: Aug 3, 2016Nothing new, set to next TC meeting.
 +
: Sep 7, 2016: Will try to present at HL7, set to Oct PC/TC meeting. Set to Oct meeting.
 +
:Oct 5, 2016Contacted Vocabulary working group, almost done.  Will extend tables with appropriate codes.  A simple add to get the changes put in. Set to F2F.
 +
: Oct 12, 2016: Add PCD specific values to HL7 table 78 – pp61 discusses it, we have values not in HL7.    HL7write up proposal for them to approve or not.  These are generic enough for other to use them, it is also a way to get some null values in thereCan we create a local table to address it – Yes.  We will need to do that for the Connectathon.  But was only checked against HL7 table for DEC; need to add a local DEC tableMay want to define a write operation as well.  Targeting HL7 Jan 2017 to have values added to Table 3.9.4.1.2.5-3Set due date to Feb TC meeting.
 +
:Feb 1, 2017: Will submit to HL7 vocabulary groupWill present to May HL7 meeting.  Review May 17th PC and TC.
 +
:May 17, 2017:  Needs some paperwork done and sent, should be done in a month. Review June 21.
 +
:July 12, 2017Nothing newReview at Aug TC.
 +
:Aug 15, 2017:  No new information, move to Sep meeting.
 +
:Sep 27, 2017: No update, effort to get these formally into HL7John will contact Ted Klein at HL7, set to Oct TC.
 +
:Oct 5 2017Validated and put in tool.  Contacted Ted Klein, moving forward.  Should be completed Nov 29.  Set to Dec TC.
 +
:Dec 20 2017:  John not available, move to Jan TC meeting.
 +
:Jan 3, 2018: No update, move to Feb TC.
 +
:Feb 7, 2018:  John still needs to submit somethingSet to March TC meeting.
 +
:Mar 21, 2018No update, move to Apr F2F.
 +
:April 12, 2018: John not available, move to April PC&TC.
 +
:April 19, 2018No update, move to May TC meeting.
 +
: May 2, 2018: Work continues, hope to make progress from HL7 meetingsSet to June TC meeting.
 +
: June 13, 2018: No new info, move the joint PC&TC meeting.
 +
: June 27, 2018: John G not available, set to next TC meeting.
 +
: July 25, 2018: No update yet, set to Sept TC meeting.
 +
: Aug 15, 2018:  John submitted info to Ted Klein, will need to follow up at HL7 meetingHe can update at F2F.
 +
: Oct 18, 2018: John not available, move to next TC meeting.
 +
: Nov 5, 2018: No new info, next HL& should provide update. Set to Jan meeting.
 +
: Jan 2, 2019: NIST unavailable, set to Feb meeting
 +
: Feb 6, 2019: John not here, move to Joint PC/TC
 +
: Mar 6, 2019: John not available, move to F2F
 +
: Apr 25, 2019: John will get it in as soon as he can. Review in June
 +
: June 5, 2019: John not on call, set to July meeting
 +
: July 10, 2019: No change, move to August
 +
: Aug 7, 2019: Checks data validity. John not available, move to next month.
 +
: Sep 4, 2019: No update, move to next month.
 +
: Nov 6, 2019:  No update, move to Dec.
 +
: Dec 4, 2019: Review after next HL7 meeting. Move to March.
 +
: March 4, 2020:  John not available, move to April meetings
 +
: April 1, 2020:  May HL7 cancelled, unable to do anything for now, move to September meeting.
 +
: Sept 2, 2020: HL7 meeting this month, move to F2F
 +
: '''Oct 8, 2020: ::- No update.  Move to February.'''
  
  
 
|}
 
|}
  
==Items 180-189==
+
==Items 200 - 209==
 +
 
  
 
:{|border="2"  
 
:{|border="2"  
 
|-
 
|-
! width="5%"  align="center" |No.
+
! width="5%"  align="center" |Number
! width="15%"  align="left"  |Action Item
+
! width="15%"  align="left"  |Action
 
! width="5%"  align="left"  |Owner
 
! width="5%"  align="left"  |Owner
! width="5%   align="left"  |Participants
+
! width="15%align="left"  |Participants
! width="10%   align="left"  |Due
+
! width="5%align="left"  |Due Date
! width="5%   align="left"  |Open/Closed
+
! width="5%align="left"  |Status
!              align="left"  |Description/Update
+
!              align="left"  |Comments
  
 
|-
 
|-
| align="center" | 183
+
| align="center" | 200
| '''<Action Item>''' | CP for WCM and implementation
+
| '''<Action Item>''' | MDS and VMD Requirements
|'''<Owner>:'''  | Chris Courville, Paul Schluter
+
| '''<Owners>:'''  | Paul Schluter
| '''<Participants>''' | WCM Workgroup
+
| '''<Participants>''' |  
| '''<Due Date>'''  | Aug 3, 2016
+
| '''<Due Date>'''  | Jan 6, 2021
| '''<Status>''' |OPEN
+
| '''<Status>''' | Open
| '''<Comments>:'''  | April 4, 2014August 6, 2014: Paul Sherman will ping Bikram and Chris for any activity. Change date to August 20.   Oct 1, 2014: No specific update, they're working on it. Change to F2F.   Oct 23, 2014: Progress on integer/second issue. Chris and Paul Sc will update documentation. Change due date to Dec 17, 2014. Jan 2015: Met 2 months ago with some follow-up. Don't need any changes now, maybe in the future. Most work clarifies text. Change due date to TC call in February. April 22, 2015  Meetings underway. CPs expected, but not before F2f, need to be out by July. IDCO looking at waveforms as well. Move to June 10.   Per Chris, WCM work is generic for PCD. change owner to Chris, participants to WCM workgroupIDCO is participating; Paul Schluter hopes to define WCM as a general drop-in moduleMove to June 17.   July 1, 2015: Two CPs under way for WCM, Once CP approved WCM Trial implementation will need updated. Change due date to July 15July 15, 2015:  No change, move date to to Aug 5.   Add Paul Schluter, there are a couple of CPs related to it. Change Date to Sep 2 TC.   Sep 2, 2015: Paul Schluter is sending out tech notes to broader groupHas more topics to explore, such as representing invalid valuesMove to Sep 30.   Oct 14, 2015:   Most issues resolved, haven't had time to completeSet to F2F.   Oct 22, 2015: Will update WCM TI rather than create a CP. Change date to Nov 18.
+
| '''<Comments>:'''  | June 27, 2018Created. Need to make consistent, so they can be applied uniformly by NIST tool. Set to next TC meeting
:Nov 18, 2015Nothing right now, change date to Dec 31.
+
: July 25, 2018: No update yet, move to F2F TC meeting.
Dec 15, 2015: Will likely be a F2F item. Change date to April F2F.
+
: Oct 18, 2018: Loose, not tested by NIST tools. Required disclosure at CMI. Need to assemble ‘uber’ models. How rigorous. Part may include retrofitting specificity in TF. May need general x-type path. May be able to use a tool like FHIR’s to create the containment models. Also want to clearly state what containment is. Discussed options and current process with some examples. Need to work out wrinkles for multiple devices doing the same thing. Need to solve persistence issue. Example: BP monitoring channels, when expanding channels, need to ensure the original maintains its channel number. Discussed different IV pump models as well as monitoring. Found a challenge with ACM; Alarms and other messages. If the alarm is in the first message, then another message is generated with another field completed, the alarm may not be at the same location in the message. Oliver will draft a White Paper to address MDS, persistence and channel identification, what works, doesn’t work and mine fields. He has a lot of notes already. Will review Dec TC meeting.
:'''April 20, 2016: Discussed with IDCO, IDCO is working mostly on waveform and annotating. IDCO doesn't plan on changes for 2016 CN, will be ready for 2017. IDCO is willing to incorporate their work into this workPaul and Chris will finish the write-up, won't do a CP, will update the profileNeeds delivered to PCD leadership, then to TC for review and submitted. Change due date to August 3.'''
+
:Dec 19, 2018 - Using it, NIST working on itUntil 10101r is out the door, won’t be able to focus on itNot sure next stage of ‘done’ is.  Push out to February, and discuss at DPI meetings.
 +
: Feb 6, 2019: Nothing right now, move to next TC.
 +
: Mar 6, 2019: Should be able to start on it again soonReview next PC&TC
 +
: Mar 20, 2019:  No new info, could use a ½ hour discussion at F2F.  Set to F2F
 +
: Apr 25, 2019Related to the OBX-4 question, need to figure out what to do. It is a ‘should’, do we make it a ‘shall’? If so, we need to let implementer know well before Connectathon. Include Lexicographic order. Move out to June meeting.
 +
: June 5, 2019: Tabled for now, move to July
 +
: July, 10, 2019: Paul not here, fair amount of discussion recentlyMichael Faughn working on RTMMS, which will helpAlso need to work on TF and IGAMPT. Move to August
 +
:-Aug 7, 2019: Will work on it after Events and AlertsMichael and Nicholas will work on it when they have time. Move to September.
 +
: Sep 4, 2019: Should be able to convene a call and take care of it. Move to October
 +
: Nov 6, 2019Some progress, move to Dec.
 +
: Dec 4, 2019: No new info, move to Feb.
 +
: Feb 5, 2020: Making progress, move to F2F.
 +
: Apr 23, 2020 - Containment modeling important, can resolve problems, especially during Connectathon. Asking those that need terms to create containment models.  This limits the need for inspecting messages by hand, as computers are much better at it.  He, Michael, and Brian are working on consistent output data as well. NIST is working with CDC on a similar issues regarding COVID-19 tracking. Inconsistent data quality is an issue for them as wellJohn G – Nicholas will have some info that will help later during F2FMove to next F2F.
 +
:''' Oct 8, 2020: ::- Should be resolved with Pump group and work with Michael Faughn. Move out to January call.'''
  
|}
 
  
==Items 190-199==
 
 
:{|border="2"
 
 
|-
 
|-
! width="5%"  align="center" |No.
+
| align="center" | 202
! width="15%"  align="left"  |Action Item
+
| '''<Action Item>''' | MEMDMC CP to make PID and PV1 segments optional
! width="5%"  align="left"  |Owner
+
| '''<Owner>:'''  | Monroe Pattillo
! width="5%  align="left"  |Participants
+
| '''<Participants>''' | Dalibor, John Rhoads
! width="10%  align="left"  |Due
+
| '''<Due Date>'''  | Feb 3, 2021
! width="5%  align="left"  |Open/Closed
+
| '''<Status>''' | Open
!              align="left"  |Description/Update
+
| '''<Comments>:'''  | Apr 25, 2019: MEMDMC profile to change via CP to use a message template of ORU_R(as allocated by O&O) which affords it the ability to make the usage of the PID and PV1 segments as optional for MEMDMC use cases.  If PID and/or PV1 segments are present they should be populated per the IHE PCD TF.  We did this with ACM, so should be able to do so in MEM.
 
+
: May 1, 2019: Getting a new trigger event from HL7.  We can start testing to this.  Won’t make official until HL7 releases new normative.  Will need to talk to NIST about flagging this in testing.  Set to June TC.
 +
: June 5, 2019: Dalibor not here, move to July meeting.
 +
: July 10, 2019:  Nothing new, move to August.
 +
: Aug 7, 2019: HL7 change, NIST tool isn't clear on how to communicate needed info.  Add John Rhoads to Participant list.
 +
: Sep 4, 2019:  Up to HL7 meeting to communicate MEMDMC msg.  Conflict in use of PID segment.  MEMDMC needs it’s own trigger.  Monroe will send to John G for the agenda.  Move to October.
 +
: Nov 6, 2019:  At HL7 O&O.  They have a huge backlog, will take time.  Problem with HL7 standard, a bit of an unstable reference loop.  Is it possible to ‘pre-adopt’ the triggers?  Yes, if HL7 says they will create them.  Move to Dec.
 +
: Dec 4, 2019: Still waiting on HL7.  Review in March.
 +
: March 4, 2020: Waiting for HL7.  In the queue, not discussed yet.  Needs a promoter on the committee at HL7 O&O to ensure it’s addressed.  John Rhoads will disuss with a member.  Move to F2F.
 +
: Apr 23, 2020 - Once triggers are officially committed by HL7, they can implement it.  Monroe isn’t sure should be actually owner of this.  John Rhoads talks to O&O a lot.  They have a lot to do with limited resources.  He will take ownership.  Move to next F2F.
 +
:''' Oct 8, 2020: In HL7 queue, move to February, after HL7 meeting.'''
  
 
|-
 
|-
| align="center" | 192
+
| align="center" | 206
| '''<Action Item>''' | FHIR
+
| '''<Action Item>''' |  
| '''<Owner>:'''  | Chris Courville
+
| '''<Owner>:'''  |  
 
| '''<Participants>''' |  
 
| '''<Participants>''' |  
| '''<Due Date>'''  | July 6, 2016
+
| '''<Due Date>'''  |  
| '''<Status>''' |OPEN
+
| '''<Status>''' |  
| '''<Comments>:'''  | PCD is staying in touch with FHIR group.  Will also share of C4MI work in this area.  July 1, 2015:  Addressing comments, on track for next review in August..  Aug 5, 2015:  Change date to Sep 2 TC.  Sep 2, 2015:  Change date to F2F.  Oct 22, 2015:  Change date to Dec 31.
+
| '''<Comments>:'''  |  
: Dec 16, 2015:  Will be able to update after Jan HL7 meeting.  Make a F2F item.  Change date to April F2F.
+
 
:April 20, 2016:  PCD detailed much of this to C4MI, But C4MI has changed quite a bit.  Stefan Schlicting and Stefan Pohlsen at Draeger have worked on this quite a bit.  ACM is looking at mACM FHIR activities for information.  Will be discussion at May HL7 meetings.  Change due date to May PC/TC.
+
:'''Discussed with FHIR group at HL7 F2F.  Ongoing work, three comments/questions taken care of.  ACM will use mACM model for FHIR implementation in current TF to have a single transaction manage both.  Some discussion of this, may be a challenge 'blending' FHIR and HL7 V2.  Message encoding could be a problem.  Will reference mACM profile, not define directly.  Change owner to Chris Courville.'''
+
 
+
  
 
|-
 
|-
| align="center" | 196
+
| align="center" | 207
| '''<Action Item>''' | Add PCD specific values to HL7 table 78
+
| '''<Action Item>''' |  
| '''<Owner>:'''  | John Garguilo
+
| '''<Owner>:'''  |  
 
| '''<Participants>''' |  
 
| '''<Participants>''' |  
| '''<Due Date>'''  | June 1, 2016
+
| '''<Due Date>'''  |  
| '''<Status>''' |OPEN
+
| '''<Status>''' |  
| '''<Comments>:'''  | From 2016 NA Connectathon.  Status is in PCD TF v5 Vol2 page 119 at line 2890, but not in NIST Tool which only supports values from HL7 Table 0078.  We can suggest table changes to HL7, John will take this to HL7.
+
| '''<Comments>:'''  |
April 21, 2016:  Values are in TF.  John will approach HL7 vocab group at their meeting in two weeks.  Anticipates no issue.  If not successful, will add XML table.  Set to PC&TC meeting May 18.
+
:'''  May 18, 2016:  Couldn't find the term we wanted to add, please send it to John.  Change date to June 1.  Should be in Vol 2, reference to table 78.  Set to next TC meeting.'''
+
  
 
|-
 
|-
| align="center" | 197
+
| align="center" | 208
| '''<Action Item>''' | Verify tiny URL values on business cards and welcome letter.
+
| '''<Owner>:'''  | Paul Sherman
+
| '''<Participants>''' | Cochairs
+
| '''<Due Date>'''  | June 22, 2016
+
| '''<Status>''' |OPEN
+
| '''<Comments>:'''  | Recent users of the PCD 'welcome letter' have found dead links, Paul Sherman verified.  Monroe recommended checking the business cards as well.  Set due date to May 18.
+
:''' May 18, 2016:  No new activity, set date to June 22, 2016.'''
+
 
+
|-
+
| align="center" | 198
+
 
| '''<Action Item>''' |  
 
| '''<Action Item>''' |  
 
| '''<Owner>:'''  |  
 
| '''<Owner>:'''  |  
 
| '''<Participants>''' |  
 
| '''<Participants>''' |  
 
| '''<Due Date>'''  |  
 
| '''<Due Date>'''  |  
| '''<Status>''' | OPEN
+
| '''<Status>''' |  
 
| '''<Comments>:'''  |
 
| '''<Comments>:'''  |
 +
  
 
|-
 
|-
| align="center" | 199
+
| align="center" | 209
| '''<Action Item>''' |
+
| '''<Action Item>''' |  
 
| '''<Owner>:'''  |  
 
| '''<Owner>:'''  |  
 
| '''<Participants>''' |  
 
| '''<Participants>''' |  
 
| '''<Due Date>'''  |  
 
| '''<Due Date>'''  |  
| '''<Status>''' |OPEN
+
| '''<Status>''' |  
| '''<Comments>:'''  |  
+
| '''<Comments>:'''  |
 
+
  
  
Line 202: Line 227:
 
DCM (Detailed Clinical Model for Devices) - Develop/provide a publication in a form that will be given to IHE-PCD (Ioana S.) due  
 
DCM (Detailed Clinical Model for Devices) - Develop/provide a publication in a form that will be given to IHE-PCD (Ioana S.) due  
 
| '''<Date Added>:'''  | F2F Oct. 2011
 
| '''<Date Added>:'''  | F2F Oct. 2011
| '''<Date Closed>''' |  
+
| '''<Date Closed>''' | Oct 5, 2017
| '''<Description/Update>''' |  
+
| '''<Description/Update>'''   | Oct 5, 2017: Reviewed at F2F.  Unanimous decision by TC to sunset this item.
  
 
|-
 
|-
 
| align="center" | 3
 
| align="center" | 3
| '''<Item and Relationships>''' |  
+
| '''<Item and Relationships>''' | SFT Segment - Desire to include info from pumps, software segment preferred.
| '''<Date Added>:'''  |  
+
| '''<Date Added>:'''  | F2F April 12, 2018
 
| '''<Date Closed>''' |  
 
| '''<Date Closed>''' |  
 
| '''<Description/Update>'''  |  
 
| '''<Description/Update>'''  |  

Revision as of 10:54, 4 November 2020

See also PCD Technical Committee Closed Action Items page.

To see changes between current and last(or any earlier) versions of the action item list, click the history tab at the top of the page, select versions to compare and click compare command.

Significant recent changes, other than dates, will be in bold.

Items 60 - 69 Are Closed

Items 70-79 Are Closed

Items 80-89 are closed

Items 90-99 are closed

Items 100-109 are closed

Items 110-119 are closed

Items 120-129 are Closed

Items 130-139 are closed

Items 140-149 are Closed

Items 150-159 are Closed

Items 160-169 are Closed

Items 170-179 are Cosed

Items 180-189 are closed

Items 190-199

No. Action Item Owner Participants Due Open/Closed Description/Update



196 Add PCD specific values to HL7 table 78 John Garguilo Feb 3, 2021 OPEN From 2016 NA Connectathon. Status is in PCD TF v5 Vol2 page 119 at line 2890, but not in NIST Tool which only supports values from HL7 Table 0078. We can suggest table changes to HL7, John will take this to HL7.

April 21, 2016: Values are in TF. John will approach HL7 vocab group at their meeting in two weeks. Anticipates no issue. If not successful, will add XML table. Set to PC&TC meeting May 18.

May 18, 2016: Couldn't find the term we wanted to add, please send it to John. Change date to June 1. Should be in Vol 2, reference to table 78. Set to next TC meeting.
June 1, 2016: Change to July 6 TC call.
July 6, 2016: Nothing new, set to next TC meeting.
Aug 3, 2016: Nothing new, set to next TC meeting.
Sep 7, 2016: Will try to present at HL7, set to Oct PC/TC meeting. Set to Oct meeting.
Oct 5, 2016: Contacted Vocabulary working group, almost done. Will extend tables with appropriate codes. A simple add to get the changes put in. Set to F2F.
Oct 12, 2016: Add PCD specific values to HL7 table 78 – pp61 discusses it, we have values not in HL7. HL7: write up proposal for them to approve or not. These are generic enough for other to use them, it is also a way to get some null values in there. Can we create a local table to address it – Yes. We will need to do that for the Connectathon. But was only checked against HL7 table for DEC; need to add a local DEC table. May want to define a write operation as well. Targeting HL7 Jan 2017 to have values added to Table 3.9.4.1.2.5-3. Set due date to Feb TC meeting.
Feb 1, 2017: Will submit to HL7 vocabulary group. Will present to May HL7 meeting. Review May 17th PC and TC.
May 17, 2017: Needs some paperwork done and sent, should be done in a month. Review June 21.
July 12, 2017: Nothing new. Review at Aug TC.
Aug 15, 2017: No new information, move to Sep meeting.
Sep 27, 2017: No update, effort to get these formally into HL7. John will contact Ted Klein at HL7, set to Oct TC.
Oct 5 2017: Validated and put in tool. Contacted Ted Klein, moving forward. Should be completed Nov 29. Set to Dec TC.
Dec 20 2017: John not available, move to Jan TC meeting.
Jan 3, 2018: No update, move to Feb TC.
Feb 7, 2018: John still needs to submit something. Set to March TC meeting.
Mar 21, 2018: No update, move to Apr F2F.
April 12, 2018: John not available, move to April PC&TC.
April 19, 2018: No update, move to May TC meeting.
May 2, 2018: Work continues, hope to make progress from HL7 meetings. Set to June TC meeting.
June 13, 2018: No new info, move the joint PC&TC meeting.
June 27, 2018: John G not available, set to next TC meeting.
July 25, 2018: No update yet, set to Sept TC meeting.
Aug 15, 2018: John submitted info to Ted Klein, will need to follow up at HL7 meeting. He can update at F2F.
Oct 18, 2018: John not available, move to next TC meeting.
Nov 5, 2018: No new info, next HL& should provide update. Set to Jan meeting.
Jan 2, 2019: NIST unavailable, set to Feb meeting
Feb 6, 2019: John not here, move to Joint PC/TC
Mar 6, 2019: John not available, move to F2F
Apr 25, 2019: John will get it in as soon as he can. Review in June
June 5, 2019: John not on call, set to July meeting
July 10, 2019: No change, move to August
Aug 7, 2019: Checks data validity. John not available, move to next month.
Sep 4, 2019: No update, move to next month.
Nov 6, 2019: No update, move to Dec.
Dec 4, 2019: Review after next HL7 meeting. Move to March.
March 4, 2020: John not available, move to April meetings
April 1, 2020: May HL7 cancelled, unable to do anything for now, move to September meeting.
Sept 2, 2020: HL7 meeting this month, move to F2F
Oct 8, 2020: ::- No update. Move to February.


Items 200 - 209

Number Action Owner Participants Due Date Status Comments
200 MDS and VMD Requirements Paul Schluter Jan 6, 2021 Open June 27, 2018: Created. Need to make consistent, so they can be applied uniformly by NIST tool. Set to next TC meeting
July 25, 2018: No update yet, move to F2F TC meeting.
Oct 18, 2018: Loose, not tested by NIST tools. Required disclosure at CMI. Need to assemble ‘uber’ models. How rigorous. Part may include retrofitting specificity in TF. May need general x-type path. May be able to use a tool like FHIR’s to create the containment models. Also want to clearly state what containment is. Discussed options and current process with some examples. Need to work out wrinkles for multiple devices doing the same thing. Need to solve persistence issue. Example: BP monitoring channels, when expanding channels, need to ensure the original maintains its channel number. Discussed different IV pump models as well as monitoring. Found a challenge with ACM; Alarms and other messages. If the alarm is in the first message, then another message is generated with another field completed, the alarm may not be at the same location in the message. Oliver will draft a White Paper to address MDS, persistence and channel identification, what works, doesn’t work and mine fields. He has a lot of notes already. Will review Dec TC meeting.
Dec 19, 2018 - Using it, NIST working on it. Until 10101r is out the door, won’t be able to focus on it. Not sure next stage of ‘done’ is. Push out to February, and discuss at DPI meetings.
Feb 6, 2019: Nothing right now, move to next TC.
Mar 6, 2019: Should be able to start on it again soon. Review next PC&TC
Mar 20, 2019: No new info, could use a ½ hour discussion at F2F. Set to F2F
Apr 25, 2019Related to the OBX-4 question, need to figure out what to do. It is a ‘should’, do we make it a ‘shall’? If so, we need to let implementer know well before Connectathon. Include Lexicographic order. Move out to June meeting.
June 5, 2019: Tabled for now, move to July
July, 10, 2019: Paul not here, fair amount of discussion recently. Michael Faughn working on RTMMS, which will help. Also need to work on TF and IGAMPT. Move to August
-Aug 7, 2019: Will work on it after Events and Alerts. Michael and Nicholas will work on it when they have time. Move to September.
Sep 4, 2019: Should be able to convene a call and take care of it. Move to October
Nov 6, 2019: Some progress, move to Dec.
Dec 4, 2019: No new info, move to Feb.
Feb 5, 2020: Making progress, move to F2F.
Apr 23, 2020 - Containment modeling important, can resolve problems, especially during Connectathon. Asking those that need terms to create containment models. This limits the need for inspecting messages by hand, as computers are much better at it. He, Michael, and Brian are working on consistent output data as well. NIST is working with CDC on a similar issues regarding COVID-19 tracking. Inconsistent data quality is an issue for them as well. John G – Nicholas will have some info that will help later during F2F. Move to next F2F.
Oct 8, 2020: ::- Should be resolved with Pump group and work with Michael Faughn. Move out to January call.


202 MEMDMC CP to make PID and PV1 segments optional Monroe Pattillo Dalibor, John Rhoads Feb 3, 2021 Open Apr 25, 2019: MEMDMC profile to change via CP to use a message template of ORU_R(as allocated by O&O) which affords it the ability to make the usage of the PID and PV1 segments as optional for MEMDMC use cases. If PID and/or PV1 segments are present they should be populated per the IHE PCD TF. We did this with ACM, so should be able to do so in MEM.
May 1, 2019: Getting a new trigger event from HL7. We can start testing to this. Won’t make official until HL7 releases new normative. Will need to talk to NIST about flagging this in testing. Set to June TC.
June 5, 2019: Dalibor not here, move to July meeting.
July 10, 2019: Nothing new, move to August.
Aug 7, 2019: HL7 change, NIST tool isn't clear on how to communicate needed info. Add John Rhoads to Participant list.
Sep 4, 2019: Up to HL7 meeting to communicate MEMDMC msg. Conflict in use of PID segment. MEMDMC needs it’s own trigger. Monroe will send to John G for the agenda. Move to October.
Nov 6, 2019: At HL7 O&O. They have a huge backlog, will take time. Problem with HL7 standard, a bit of an unstable reference loop. Is it possible to ‘pre-adopt’ the triggers? Yes, if HL7 says they will create them. Move to Dec.
Dec 4, 2019: Still waiting on HL7. Review in March.
March 4, 2020: Waiting for HL7. In the queue, not discussed yet. Needs a promoter on the committee at HL7 O&O to ensure it’s addressed. John Rhoads will disuss with a member. Move to F2F.
Apr 23, 2020 - Once triggers are officially committed by HL7, they can implement it. Monroe isn’t sure should be actually owner of this. John Rhoads talks to O&O a lot. They have a lot to do with limited resources. He will take ownership. Move to next F2F.
Oct 8, 2020: In HL7 queue, move to February, after HL7 meeting.
206


207
208


209


Tracking Related Items, 1-20

Number Item and Relationships Date Added to List Date Closed Description/Update
1

VA proposal on PulseOx - write up details / issues to TC (Ioana S./Greg S.). Provide mappings to x73 of what VA has from LOINC & SNOMED CT - VA to encode (encode all information?)

F2F Oct. 2011
2

DCM (Detailed Clinical Model for Devices) - Develop/provide a publication in a form that will be given to IHE-PCD (Ioana S.) due

F2F Oct. 2011 Oct 5, 2017 Oct 5, 2017: Reviewed at F2F. Unanimous decision by TC to sunset this item.
3 SFT Segment - Desire to include info from pumps, software segment preferred. F2F April 12, 2018
4
5
6
7
8


9


10


11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18


19


20


Tracking Related Items, 21-40

Number Item and Relationships Date Added to List Date Closed Description/Update
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28


29


30


See also PCD Technical Committee Closed Action Items page.

Links to PCD TC Meetings

Go to most recent/past meetings or next meeting Category: PCD Meeting

Patient Care Device home