PCD TC 2012-04-04 Webex
Patient Care Device Domain
TC Regularly Scheduled Meeting
Topic: Technical Committee Meeting
- Regularly Scheduled Meeting Time
Date: Wednesday, April 4, 2012
Time: 11:00 am, Eastern Time (New York)
Duration: 60 Minutes
- 1. Agenda Approval
- 2. Review Discussion Summaries: Technical Committee March 21, 2012 PCD TC 2012-03-21 Webex
- 3. Pump Summit Review (Todd)
- 4. F2F Meeting, Agenda PCD PC&TC 2012 April F2F
- 5. Status Reports for Work Items for the TC Cycle 7:
- Schedule/Deadlines: Patient Care Device and Domain Milestones
- - Device Specializations - General Content Profile (Todd)
- - Pulse Oximetry Integration with Clinical Applications (Greg and Ioana)
- - Device Management: CMMS - MEM WG(Steve Merritt and Richard Swim)
- - ITI Domain: Device Cybersecurity - MEM WG (Axel and ITI)
- - Pharmacy Domain: Medication Administration Clinical Integration White Paper (Todd)
- 6. Status Reports for Ongoing Projects:
- - Asychronous Data Query (ADQ)
- - Point of Care Identity Management (PCIM)
- - Alarm Communications Management (ACM)
- 7. IEEE / NIST etc. nomenclature work
- 8. Action Item Review (Continue after __)
- 9. Next and Recent Meetings
- - See bottom of page
- 10. Additional Business
Action Items from Previous Meetings
Significant changes, other than dates, will be in bold.
- Chair: Ken Fuchs for John Rhoads
- Todd Cooper, Paul Elletson, Al Engelbert, Robert Flanders, Ken Fuchs, Sandra Martinez, Jeff Rinda, Paul Schluter, Erin Sparnon, Khalid Zubaidi, Manny Furst
Discussion Summaries do not require formal approval, while minutes of meetings where votes are taken do. Participants are encouraged to review and bring up significant issues with discussion summaries of previous meetings. Votes will be taken to approve meetings where votes took place; these may be email ballots.
Item Topic Discussion 1 Introductions & Agenda Review
- Agenda approved with removal of one item.
2 Discussion Summary or Approval of Minutes
- Discussion Summary of previous meeting was accepted
3 Agenda Items
- As Noted
3. Infusion Pump Summit (Todd): Todd summarized the goals and successes of the summit. The notes are available at PCD Pump 2012-03-27 to 29 F2F.
- - The objectives were to think through the development of Device Specializations, the General and the specific Pump Specializations. Large Volume, Syringe and PCA Specializations were addressed, as was mixed modality (e.g., LVP with PCA module).
- - Consideration of PCIM for infusion pumps.
- - Todd described the process for implementing device specialization and indicated that he is working on five supplements. Two are "content modules" only and three are profiles that include content module definitions & bindings to transactions. For the immediate future there will be CPs then over a longer period the IPEC profile will be generalized to an EC profile. He noted this plows new ground and the process may change.
4. Face to Face:
- - Todd noted that Monroe has a list of topics for the agenda. The goal is to review and rework the ACM profile for consistency.
- - Paul emphasized the need to move to a RTM-type standard set and mapping of alarm communications. Todd responded by saying that much of this discussion should take place in the TC sessions.
- - An open item is the commonality of ACM and IPEC/EC. Events generally have a start and stop while alarms do not.
- - Ken suggested that John Garguilo’s presentation on RTMMS be included on Wednesday.
- - Manny requested update on those attending and noted Webex availability.
- - Manny to invite West Wireless
5. Status Reports Cycle 7 Work Items:
- - Volume 3:
- - Device Specialization: Slides describing the organization can be found at
- - Pharmacy Collaboration:
6. Status Reports Other Work Items:
- - Pulse Ox: Work continues.
- - DCM: Will meet Fridays at 2 pm ET
- - Cybersecurity: Meetings have moved to Thursday
- - Collaboration with Pharmacy Domain: Will be addressed over the summer
- - PCIM: Will focus on actors and transactions tomorrow.
- - ACM: Major effort during the F2F.
7. IEEE/NIST nomenclature work: Some issues remain.
8. Action Items: Deferred.
9. Next and Recent Meetings:
- - PC April 11; TC April 18; No meeting May 2. Joint PC/TC May 9.
- - F2F April 23 – 27, with the alarm meeting Monday April 23 in San Diego at CareFusion.
The next meetings are:
PC April 11, 2012 PCD PC 2012-04-11 Webex
TC April 18, 2012 PCD TC 2012-04-18 Webex
Face to Face Meetings, April 23-27 PCD PC&TC 2012 April F2F
Joint PC and TC Meeting, May 9, 2012 PCD PC&TC 2012-05-09 May Webex
PC May 16, 2012 PCD PC 2012-05-16 Webex
TC May 23, 2012 PCD TC 2012-05-23 Webex