PCD PC 2012-04-11 Webex
Patient Care Device Domain
PC Regularly Scheduled Meeting
Topic: PCD Planning Committee Meeting
- Regularly Scheduled Meeting Time
Date: Wednesday, April 11, 2012
Time: 11:00 am, Eastern Time (New York)
Duration: 60 Minutes
- 1. Agenda Approval
- 2. Review Discussion Summaries: PCD PC 2012-03-28 Webex
- 3. Profile/Supplement Development
- - News from the Pump Summit in AFC
- - Update on the ACM F2F
- - Timetable: Patient Care Device
- 4. April F2F
- - Registration, Agenda, Webex
- 5. AAMI Mini-Showcase
- - Posters, Handout, Demonstration
- 6. Action Item Review (Feb. 1 reviewed to 116)
- 7. Next and Recent Meetings
- - TC April 18
- - May 2: No meeting, followed by joint PC/TC May 9
- 8. Additional Business
Action Items from Previous Meetings
See PCD Planning Committee Action Items.
Significant changes, other than dates, will be in bold.
- Chair: Ken Fuchs
- Paul Elletson, Al Engelbert, Robert Flanders, Ken Fuchs, John Garguilo, Monroe Pattillo, John Rhoads, Jeff Rinda, Paul Schluter, Erin Sparnon, Greg Staudenmaier, Khalid Zubaidi, Manny Furst
Discussion Summaries do not require formal approval, while minutes of meetings where votes are taken do. Participants are encouraged to review and bring up significant issues with discussion summaries of previous meetings. Votes will be taken to approve meetings where votes took place; these may be email ballots.
Item Topic Discussion 1 Introductions & Agenda Review
- Agenda approved.
2 Discussion Summary or Approval of Minutes
- Discussion Summary of previous meeting was accepted
3 Agenda Items
- As Noted
3. Profile/Supplement Development:
- - Pump Summit: Ken referred to the detailed description provided last week in the TC Webex. Jeff added that they have a number of action items. The Pump WG meets today at 2 ET.
4. April F2F
- - ACM F2F takes place Monday April 23. Ken reviewed the timetable/deadlines for PCD (see link above). He then reviewed the agenda, noting there is a lot on Monday’s ACM agenda. Monroe noted that he continues to solicit items for discussion from everyone, even if some remain for a later time. The priority will be to get ACM ready for inclusion in the FT TF. Paul requested that the agenda include some elements of Rosetta and categorizing alarm types. Monroe said he’s received Paul’s email and will be updating the ACM agenda.
- - ADQ presentation will be shifted in time.
- - PCIM
5. AAMI Mini-Showcase
- - Manny provided an update. Planning is on track.
6. Action Items
- - See below.
- - F2F April 23 – 27, with an alarm meeting Monday April 23 in San Diego at CareFusion.
- - No meeting following F2F, joint meeting May 9, PC May 16.
8. Announcements and Other Business:
- - The CE-IT Virtual Town Hall meeting today may be of interest to PCD members. This will be recorded and available.
4 Action Items
- As Noted
- - 121. Vision: Close as unnecessary.
- - 128. Promote RTM: John Garguilo will add this to the F2F agenda. Paul noted this is a major contribution to interoperability; it has been promoted by voice and that a paper may be worthwhile. Change date to April, 2013.
- - 132. ONC and CONNECT: Change date to F2F.
- - 133. Follow up to Alarm Summit: Nothing to show yet. Change date to F2F.
- - 134. ACM Publication: Change date to Fall F2F.
- - 135. Market PCD: ECRI Institute included the link to Commercially Available items in a recent publication. Close.
- - 136. PCD at HIMSS12: Close.
- - 137. Testing Commercially Available Systems: Ken suggested that Erin talk with Mario and Ted before defining requirements to learn if there is any interest. Change date to F2F.
- - 138. MOVE TO TC
- - 139. PCIM: Manny to ask Todd about this item. Ken will consider including something in his AAMI presentation.
The next meetings are:
TC April 18, 2012 PCD TC 2012-04-18 Webex
Face to Face Meetings, April 23-27 PCD PC&TC 2012 April F2F
Joint PC and TC Meeting, May 9, 2012 PCD PC&TC 2012-05-09 Webex
TC May 16, 2012 PCD TC 2012-05-16 Webex
PC May 23, 2012 PCD PC 2012-05-23 Webex