PCD PC 2008-11-19 Webex

From IHE Wiki
Revision as of 11:44, 24 January 2009 by Efurst (talk | contribs) (→‎Next Meeting)
(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Patient Care Device Domain

Meeting Purpose

Regularly scheduled meeting of the PCD Planning Committee

WebEx Information

Topic: PCD Committee Tcons

Date: Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Time: 11:00 am, Eastern Time (New York )

Duration: 60 Minutes

Proposed Agenda


1 Review of Discussion Summary of F2F, Joint PC/TC November 5
2 PCD Governance Wiki
3 Update on Brief Profile Proposals:
  • ACM Open Issues / Extensions
  • PIV Open Issues / Extensions
  • RTM Open Issues / Extensions
  • DPI Profile Update
  • WCM Profile Update
  • QBD Profile Update
4 White Paper Proposals
  • DPI
  • Medical Device Semantic Architecture
  • Regulatory Considerations
5 Showcase Planning
  • Companies and systems participating
  • Scenario
  • Physical layout
  • Network and utility requirements
  • New Directions
6 IHE International
  • IEEE-IHE MoU Update
7 Continua
8 Review Schedule for remainder of 2008
9 Review Action Items
9 New Business

Discussion Summary and Action Items from Previous Meetings

Discussion Summaries from previous meetings for review:

Oct. 21-23: PCD PC&TC 2008-10-21 to 23 F2F
Nov. 5: PCD PC&TC 2008-11-05 Webex

Action Items from the previous meetings, including the F2F:

No. Action Item Owner Participants Due Open/Closed Description/Update
41 Monitor FDA actions on Universal Device ID Jeff Secunda -- January 1, 2009 Open Jeff Secunda said that the FDA will be starting a project on the UID concept. The project will take at least 1 year.
44 Define relationship between IEEE standards and IHE profiles; the role of the PCD in determining this relationship. MOU – reviewed and published for consideration at this Friday’s IEEE Board meeting. The HL7/IEEE MOU is also in process Todd Cooper -- October 1, 2008 Open Elliot arranged for Didi to forward the current HL7 draft to IEEE for review as a template. That one is complete and signatures added. This MOU addresses intellectual property exchanges. Change date to Oct. 1.
66 Analysis of Survey Results Ray -- October 21, 2008 Open --
69 Recruit Champions for development of Profiles, e.g., document transfer Ken -- October 1, 2008 Open Various new profiles (DPI, WCM) as well as extensions to current profiles were discussed during the Webex. Also the "black box" profile was brought up as a possible effort and Ken said he would look to see if we already had something in our files originally submitted by J. Harrington.
70 Coordinate 12 lead ECG effort with Cardiology domain. Cardiology Domain – will become active again. Ray -- January 2, 2009 Open Depends upon Cardiology Domain's success in finding sponsors. Defer until Cardiology Domain has updated its workplan and additional action is required.
71 Recruit clinicians; develop novel ways, attend to their priorities and schedules Ken, Manny -- None Open A few replies were recieved from Ken's email indicating nurses would not be able to participate in PC. Todd indicated that RTM ventilator WG has successfully recruited physicians. Profile development may be a reasonable initial focus for involvement and perhaps lead to further involvement in PCD. Paul had earlier suggested a booth at at ACC, other meetings. Liase with standards groups such as ASTM, professional societies.
72 Press releases as recruiting tool, including the Showcase. PCD will invite companies to observe Connectathon and reach out to companies and users to invite them to the PCD demo at the Showcase. Manny -- Open Open Two press releases have been prepared and distributed to various organizations for distribution.
74 Mapping PCD into v3 CDA with relevance to RTM Todd Peter Hendler October 22, 2008 Open Todd: VA was planning to move forward about use of CDA. He will talk with James McCain. Peter: Kaiser and VA working to trade documents as part of NHIN project.
Goal is to assure the appropriate set of medical device semantic components is included in the appropriate location in CDA/CCD documents and HL7 v3 nessages.
Todd will ask the VA as to whether there is still any interest in this project.
Todd will schedule a webex the end of August/early September to discuss the status of the profile proposal and identify what needs to happen to move it forward in this next cycle.
Will be addressed in Vancouver meeting the week of September 15.
76 Test Tooling, NIST and MWB John Garguilo Al Engelbert, Todd Cooper, Robert Flanders, John Garguilo, John Rhoads, Peter Rontey, Paul Schluter October 8, 2008 Open Rob Snellick is working on this. Peter Rontey identified two open issues. One suggests that PCD may need to select HL7 v.2.6 as baseline. The other relates to OBX.5 which has an indeterminate data type. Peter believes he has a solution if NIST Message Maker can accommodate his approach.
77 Develop PCD Cycle 4 Profile Proposals Ray Zambuto, Ken Fuchs IHE PCD October 15, 2008 Open Todd will update PCD_Profiles and related Wiki pages for use in the profile development process. Members will submit Brief Profile Proposals for consideration at the F2F.

Todd and Ken will determine whether ITI and possibly PCC have any interest in RTLS profiling.

78 2009 Survey Development Ray Zambuto -- January 1, 2009 Open Ray will add a question or two regarding the need to support web services and other service oriented architectures.
79 Transferred from PCD Cochairs: White papers, e.g., for DPI. Todd Cooper -- October 21, 2008 Open White Papers will be helpful in estabishing context for development of specialized profiles. For example, Device Semantic Architecture, Point-of-Care Integration.
80 Recruiting Members -- January 1, 2009 Open Invite new companies to observe PCD at this year’s Connectathon. Manny to compile list as suggestions are received.

81 ISO 215 Requirements for Posting Profile Details - transferred from TC Todd -- November 19, 2008 Open ISO TR283800 Part 2 has been approved. These work items were submitted to ISO TC215 per IHE International's Liaison agreement, and standardize both the IHE process as well as the technical frameworks that have been developed. A document that includes descriptions and pointers to all the different IHE profiles are required. As a result of this, each domain needs to make sure that the referenced material is complete and consistent. The following must be correct and up to date (from Charles Parisot):
  • The overall listing of IHE profiles (TI and TF) at: http://www.ihe.net/Profiles.
  • The overall listing of IHE profiles (TI and TF) at: http://wiki.ihe.net/index.php?title=Profiles. Each detailed Profile Description page referenced must be accurate.
  • The overall listing of profiles included under IHE Domains at: http://www.ihe.net/Domains/index.cfm. Verify that each detailed Profile Description page referenced must be available from the Wiki (see above).
  • Each Domain name must have a link to the decription of the domain and its scope. NOTE: THOSE descriptions are really weak and inconsistent. Todd will produce a one page (max) description of the Domain and more importantly of its scope for the ISO TR28380. This will be the place where the IHE.net web site will be referenced with specific profile decriptions.
82 Users Guide Steve Merritt -- January 1, 2009? Open --
83 Recruiting in Chicago area in advance of Showcase Manny -- December 3, 2008 Open Follow up with Didi, Lisa regarding PCD recruiting during Connectathon.
84 Vote on Brief Profile Proposals Todd -- -- Open Provide Wiki pages and prepare ballot.
85 MEM detailed proposal Steve Merritt -- January 1, 2009 Open --
86 Contribute to, or develop a glossary. -- -- -- Open --
87 Review the IHE.net/pcd page Todd -- November 7, 2008 Open --
88 Consider how to move non-IHE members to membership Ken -- -- Open --
89 Open
90 Open
91 Open
92 Open
93 Open


Chair: Ken Fuchs
  • Alex Beechie, Al Engelbert, Robert Flanders, John Garguilo, Colin FX Gartska, Steve Merritt, Monroe Pattillo, John Rhoads, Jeff Rinda, Paul Schluter, Jan Wittenber, Scott Zaffrin, Ray Zambuto, Khalid Zubaidi, Manny Furst


Item Topic Discussion
1 Introductions & Agenda Review
- Chair


  • Accepted


2 Approval of Minutes
- Chair
  • The PCD is developing a Governance Document building upon the IHE's, and using ITI's as a guideline.
  • Meetings fall into two categories: Discussion and Decision Meetings. Only Decision Meetings will require a vote on minutes, and this can be accomplished by email. Discussion Meeting documentation will be called Discussion Summaries. Corrections, additions, can be made on the Wiki pages.


  • Previous meetings, including the PC portion of the F2F were not Decision Meetings. No vote on those meeting summaries is conducted.


3 Action Items Review
- Chair
  • #44: IEEE MOU, above change date to Dec. 17
  • #66: Survey results, there is a request to present them to the coordination group of the CE-IT Community. Close.
  • #69: Depending upon outcome of votes on profiles additional recruitment may be necessary. Close.
  • #70: Cardiology Domain: no change
  • #71, 72: set open or none as standard
  • #74: no change; consider moving to TC, change date to Dec. 3
  • #76: Test Tooling: change to two issues, one related to HL7 profiles and the other to develop and validate the profiles. With regard to test tools and validation the MWB will be used, and can be used in Pre-Connectathon testing. We need to identify what the vendors will communicate within the profiles and select the parameters that will be used. We then need to know what tables and other data is used and these must also be provided to NIST. Optimally, values and ranges will be defined. We need to define the profiles and parameters that will be used to validate RTM.
This effort is a test of sorts for the NIST tools, the goal is to provide Cypress as a web tool available anytime desired.
  • #77: RTLS profile will be addressed in MEM; close
  • #78: No change
  • #79: Close; redundant
  • #80: No change
  • #81: Change date to Dec 3
  • #82: No change
  • #83: Recruiting presentation during the Connectathon has not received support from Didi. We may want to consider a webinar.
  • #84: No change
  • #85: No change
  • #86: No change
  • #87, 88: add John Rhoads, change date to jan. 21



4 Announcements
- Chair


  • Cochairs elections are over, Steve Merritt and John Rhoads have been elected to the PC, TC respectively.
  • IEEE MOU is close to resolution
  • Continua: It is possible that HITSP will not make a decision of the two options this year, and may not decide to have a single solution. ITE group within HITSP will hold one more meeting. Elliot (representing IHE) and Todd (representing IEEE) were reelected to the IHE Board and Rick Cnossen will represent Continua.



5 PCD Governance
- Ken
  • Ken lead discussion of the PCD Governance Wiki page under development. It is based upon the ITI document, but with changes.
Ken requested review.



6 Updates on Brief Profile Proposals
- Ken
  • Waiting for DPI proposals to send out for vote.
  • Ken asked how we will resolve the availability of resources to work on these.
  • MEM was not on the list.
  • PCC may have a profile for query of a database that requires consideration in developing QBD.



7 Showcase Update
- Manny
  • Physical layout, utility requirements are requested this week.
  • Manny to layout the structure with devices, systems.
  • Wireless control of the convention floor will not be managed by HIMSS; we will work with their contractor



8 Meetings Schedule
- Ken
  • No meeting next week
  • Joint PC/TC Dec. 3
  • Dec. 10 TC
  • Dec. 17 PC
  • No meeting Dec. 24
  • To be resolved: Joint meeting, any meeting on Dec. 31?



Next Meeting

The next meeting will be a joint PC, TC meeting on Dec. 3: PCD PC&TC 2008-12-03 Webex

The following PC meeting will be Dec. 17: PCD PC 2008-12-17 Webex

<Add review line here when minutes are approved; e.g., "(Reviewed & approved by PCD RTM Vent TG 2008-04-16)">

PCD Home