Rad Tech Minutes 2017-10-31 to 2017-11-03

From IHE Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Location

RSNA
820 Jorie Blvd.
Oak Brook, IL 60523

Meeting Directory

Topics

Tuesday, October 31, 2017 Minutes

(Number in parentheses is cumulative total hours for week)

Tuesday, Oct 31, 2017: 8:15 am - 5:30 pm CST

08:15-08:30: Welcome , Agenda Review
  • Introductions
    • Wim Corbijn, Philips
    • Kinson Ho, Change Healthcare
    • Elliot Silver, Change Healthcare
    • Rob Horn, Agfa
    • Hamid Neshat, Agfa
    • Teri Sippel Schmidt, Toshiba/Vital Images
    • Alex Goel, Cancer Care Ontario
    • David Kwan, Cancer Care Ontario
    • Steve Winnett, Carestream Health
    • Michael Bohl, Radiology Group
    • Antje Schroeder, Siemens Healthineers
    • Yasunari Shiokawa, IHE-J/Toshiba
    • Jason Nagels, HDIRS
    • Kevin O'Donnell, Toshiba
    • Andrei Leontiev, Visage Imaging
    • Ken Meyer, Merge Healthcare
    • Emmanuel Everett, GE
    • Charles Parisot, GE
    • David Clunie, PixelMed
    • Lynn Felhofer, IHE Radiology Technical Project Manager
    • Chris Carr, RSNA
    • Nichole Drye-Mayo, RSNA
  • Guest
    • Dan Kayhart, Marshfield Clinic Health System
08:30-10:30: Import and Display of External Priors (2)
  • Focused discussion on review of the wiki proposal and sequence diagram
10:30-12:00: Encounter-based Imaging Workflow (1.5)
  • Committee agreed the use case focus is point of care ultrasound. App or camera issues will be submitted as a work item next year.
12:00-13:00: Lunch
13:00-15:00: Technical Framework Maintenance - Identify CPs to focus on this week, CP Ballot Review (2)
  • CP Ballot Resolutions can be found by clicking on comments.
  • CP-RAD-375: Clarify De-identification Method Documentation Requirements
    • Still outstanding
  • CP-RAD-376: Correct Presentation State tags to match DICOM names
    • Approved.
  • CP-RAD-377: Fix to Appendix E for RAD-4 Accession Number
    • Approved.
  • CP-RAD-381: Update Codes for Biopsy Target Sequence
    • Approved.
  • CP-RAD-383: SOLE – updates for consistent terminology and alignment of table contents
    • Approved.
  • CP-RAD-386: SOLE fix to object event, location, and patient encoding
    • Approved.
  • CP-RAD-387: RAD-124 is a POST (not PUT)
    • Approved.
  • CP-RAD-388: Align Actor-Config audit event with DICOM Part 15
    • Approved.
  • CP-RAD-389: Mandate Study and Series level query support for Image Display
    • Approved.
  • CP-RAD-390: Put back critical note on Referenced Study Sequence in MWL
    • Approved.
15:00-17:30: Import and Display of External Priors (4)

Wednesday, Nov 1, 2017 Minutes

Wednesday, November 1, 2017: 8:15 am - 5:45 pm CST

08:25-08:30: Welcome, Agenda Review
  • Attendees
    • Wim Corbijn, Philips
    • Kinson Ho, Change Healthcare
    • Elliot Silver, Change Healthcare
    • Rob Horn, Agfa
    • Hamid Neshat, Agfa
    • Alex Goel, Cancer Care Ontario
    • David Kwan, Cancer Care Ontario
    • Steve Winnett, Carestream Health
    • Charles Parisot, GE
    • Emmanuel Everett, GE
    • Jason Nagels, HDIRS
    • Yasunari Shiokawa, IHE-J/Toshiba
    • Michael Bohl, Radiology Group
    • Antje Schroeder, Siemens Healthineers
    • Teri Sippel Schmidt, Toshiba
    • Kevin O'Donnell, Toshiba
    • Andrei Leontiev, Visage Imaging
    • Lynn Felhofer, IHE Radiology Technical Project Manager
    • Chris Carr, RSNA
    • Nichole Drye-Mayo, RSNA
  • Guest
    • Dan Kayhart, Marshfield Clinic Health System
  • Agenda approved
08:30-10:30: Encounter-based Imaging Workflow Discussions(3.5)
    • Notes made directly into their documents
10:30-12:00: Import and Display of External Priors Discussions (5.5)
    • Notes made directly into their documents
12:00-13:00: Lunch
13:00-15:00: Technical Framework Maintenance - WIA (4)
    • Worked on resolving comments
15:00-17:00: Import and Display of External Priors Discussions (7.5)
    • Notes made directly into their documents
17:00-17:45: Scheduling
    • Nichole will schedule the following tcons
      • December 12, 13, 20 - 10:00 am - 12:00 pm CT
      • January 9, 11, 18 - 10:00 am - 12:00 pm CT
    • Nichole will adjust the following 2018 meeting dates
      • February 5-8, 2018 instead of February 6-9
      • November 12-15, 2018 instead of November 12-14, 2018

Thursday, Nov 2, 2017 Minutes

Thursday, November 2, 2017, 8:15 am - 5:30 pm CST

  • Attendees
    • Wim Corbijn, Philips
    • Kinson Ho, Change Healthcare
    • Elliot Silver, Change Healthcare
    • Rob Horn, Agfa
    • Hamid Neshat, Agfa
    • Alex Goel, Cancer Care Ontario
    • David Kwan, Cancer Care Ontario
    • Steve Winnett, Carestream Health
    • Charles Parisot, GE
    • Yasunari Shiokawa, IHE-J/Toshiba
    • Ken Meyer, Merge
    • David Clunie, PixelMed
    • Michael Bohl, Radiology Group
    • Antje Schroeder, Siemens Healthineers
    • Teri Sippel Schmidt, Toshiba
    • Kevin O'Donnell, Toshiba
    • Andrei Leontiev, Visage Imaging
    • Lynn Felhofer, IHE Radiology Technical Project Manager
    • Nichole Drye-Mayo, RSNA
  • Guest
    • Dan Kayhart, Marshfield Clinic Health System
  • Agenda approved
  • 08:30-10:30: Technical Framework Maintenance - WIA (6)
  • 10:30-12:00: Encounter-based Imaging Workflow (5)
    • Notes made directly into their documents
  • 12:00-13:00: Lunch
  • 13:00-15:00: Import and Display of External Priors (9.5)
    • Notes made directly into their documents
  • 15:00-17:30: Technical Framework Maintenance - CP works (8)
    • Change Proposals
      • CP-RAD-281 - Ready for Ballot
      • CP-RAD-265 - Will be reviewed by Kinson and Elliot
      • CP-RAD-323 - Keep it assigned. Will be updated according to discussion.
      • CP-RAD-371 - Ready for Ballot
      • CP-RAD-261 - Cancel
      • CP-RAD-264 - Elliot will finalize tonight for review on 11/3
    • Radiology at IHE NA Connectathon 2018
      • Ideas on how to get profiles adopted
      • Suggestions include: ask planning committee to write marketing brochure after profile prioritization. Highlight profiles at RSNA annual conferences.

Friday, Nov 3, 2017 Minutes

Friday, November 3, 2017, 8:15 am - 3:00 pm CST

  • Attendees
    • Wim Corbijn, Philips
    • Kinson Ho, Change Healthcare
    • Elliot Silver, Change Healthcare
    • Rob Horn, Agfa
    • Hamid Neshat, Agfa
    • Alex Goel, Cancer Care Ontario
    • David Kwan, Cancer Care Ontario
    • Steve Winnett, Carestream Health
    • Charles Parisot, GE
    • Jason Nagels, HDIRS
    • Yasunari Shiokawa, IHE-J/Toshiba
    • Ken Meyer, Merge
    • David Clunie, PixelMed
    • Michael Bohl, Radiology Group
    • Antje Schroeder, Siemens Healthineers
    • Teri Sippel Schmidt, Toshiba
    • Kevin O'Donnell, Toshiba
    • Andrei Leontiev, Visage Imaging
    • Lynn Felhofer, IHE Radiology Technical Project Manager
    • Chris Carr, RSNA
    • Nichole Drye-Mayo, RSNA
  • Guest
    • Dan Kayhart, Marshfield Clinic Health System
08:30-10:00: Import and Display of External Priors (11)


10:00-12:00: Encounter-based Imaging Workflow (7)
    • Technical action items documented in profile draft
    • Action: Re-activate weekly EBIW calls. Kinson, Kevin and Nichole will work off line regarding schedule
    • Action: Reach out to other domains to make sure no overlap regarding EBIW.
      • David C - PaLM and Pathology
      • Antje - CARD
      • Kevin - Endoscopy
      • Wim - Eyecare (Don VanSyckle) and PCD John Rhoads
      • Kinson - PCD (Monroe Patillo)

Kick-off Status Evaluations:

Profile Name: EBIW

  • Describe gaps in Use Case coverage
    • Don't need to talk about other portable modalities - portable x-ray (don't disrupt current practices, maybe don't discuss?), endoscopy, ophthalmology
    • Can compare to the (order-based) workflow profiles for endo and eyecare
  • Describe unresolved technical issues/tasks
    • Transaction details
      • Detailed mapping to worklist
      • Detailed notification transaction.
    • (EMR->EnctMgr->Modality->IM/IA->EMR)
    • Do we need to define a query for these images? - relook at the query transactions
    • And look at PACS rejecting for lack of accession - cover that case.
  • Describe potential practical issues
    • Doctors don't want to do ANYTHING with a GUI other than see the patient
    • Too many clicks
    • Pre-post nonunity of studies
    • Will too much of this be mandatory (high implementation load)
    • Maybe not meeting query requirements with our attributes
  • Does the open issue list feel complete
    • Not yet. Its all in the discussion sections but needs to migrate
    • Some unknown unknowns.
  • Which open issues feel most risky
    • Rob: Security
    • Dan: Device and people mobility issues and associated complexity
    • Andrei: Encounter identification concept - how it fits into MWL
  • How is the work fitting in the allocated bandwidth? (Time to spare? Just right? Things were left undone?)
    • About right.
  • How does the scope feel? (Room to expand? Just right? Pretty ambitious?)
    • Doing well on constraining scope.
  • If you had to reduce scope, what would you drop?
    • EMR Notification (but its still really useful so don't drop it)
  • Have the promised resources manifested?
    • Partly/mostly
    • EMR vendors is a gap
  • What tasks would benefit from additional expertise?
    • Review of notification mechanisms by EMR
    • Overall review of profiles by sites that have done this already.
    • Review of metadata
  • What vendors are engaged for each actor?
    • EMR is light, Encounter Mgr is new, Modality is OK (poke), PACS is OK (poke),
  • How many tcons would you like between now and the PC Prep Meeting?
    • 1 or 2 maybe for TC (already scheduled)
    • Re-engage the EBIW subgroup for a few weekly calls.

  • Profile Name: IDEP
  • Describe gaps in Use Case coverage
    • discuss Display in more detail, e.g., hanging protocol requirements, fine grain relevancy
    • discrepancy between content (IOCM-like issues)
  • Describe unresolved technical issues/tasks
    • query interface Report Gateway, use of MHD
    • IOCM integration - specifically how tightly to couple
    • metadata mappings between transport technologies
    • architectural concept: focus is on "target" relevancy and display (contextual knowledge and, e.g., procedure codes; centralized architecture needs to understand that all local details need to be understood)
    • one Acc Num: multiple SIUID - opportunity to mediate - PACS to PACS compatibility issues
    • Security section
  • Describe potential practical issues
    • deployment models
    • consumption bandwidth, performance issues, processing bandwidth on Import Mgr and/or Report Converter
    • data duplication, version sync, and de-duplication tasks:
      • self-replication because SIUID
      • re-forwarding studies back to central archive after being moved as priors
    • challenge of relevancy models
    • Consent Management
    • national privacy regulations range from realistic to delusional
  • Does the open issue list feel complete
    • will complete notes, many open issues identified
  • Which open issues feel most risky
    • "everything" to do with reports :) - esp GW i/f
    • security - scope it not address it
  • How is the work fitting in the allocated bandwidth? (Time to spare? Just right? Things were left undone?)
    • workable, but tight, slightly over time
  • How does the scope feel? (Room to expand? Just right? Pretty ambitious?)
    • pretty ambitious -> reports
  • If you had to reduce scope, what would you drop?
    • reports, as HL7 external reports
  • Have the promised resources manifested?
    • mostly
  • What tasks would benefit from additional expertise?
    • seems ok
  • What vendors are engaged for each actor?
    • DSS/OF- no special reqmnts
    • IM- have a few, no special requirements
    • Import Manager - new actor, VNA vendors, interface vendors, tool vendors - DSS/OF and IM may be hard to get for Connectathon -poke
    • Report Converter - new actor, VNA vendors, interface vendors, tool vendors - DSS/OF and IM may be hard to get for Connectathon -poke
    • Report Manager - poke Report Creator; VNA vendors will pick up as well
    • XDS Reg/Rep - have a few, no special requirements - poke
    • reporting vendors not here once again. will design profiles to proxy.
  • How many tcons would you like between now and the PC Prep Meeting?
    • one or two; already scheduled


It will be the responsibility of the Profile Editor to lead resolution of these issues before the Public Comment preparation meeting.

Resolution may involve:

  • Scheduling additional Tcons to complete the technical discussion
  • Reducing the scope of the profile to fit within the allocated % bandwidth
  • Including open issues in the PC Profile draft for wider comment (generally for issues that would not radically change the profile)
  • Changing the workitem from a profile to a whitepaper to explore the solution space if it is not ready for profiling.
    • Hopefully the whitepaper work is solid enough that it will be ready to profile next year and the same proposal will be selected again
  • Dismissing the workitem as not ready for profiling in the forseeable future.
    • This likely means there was something the TC should have caught during evaluation
  • Action
    • Schedule an IDEP preview webinar in mid-January 2018, prior to public comment.
    • Planning committee will help plan.
    • Nichole will reach out to Dr. Koff to identify date/time. Will also reach out to Canada Health Infoway (Jason Nagels).
    • Promote at RSNA 2017.
12:00-13:00: Lunch
13:00-15:00: Technical Framework Maintenance - CP works (10)
  • CP-RAD-394: assigned to Antje
  • CP-RAD-395: assigned to Kinson
  • CP-RAD-396: assigned to Kinson; he may withdraw
  • CP-RAD-397: assigned to Wim; completed and ready for ballot
    • Need to keep radiology public comment page up to date
    • Keep profile pages updated
      • Add profile tags to DCC November call. Need to decide if committee's should use tags or icons. Need consistency across domains.
2:55 meeting adjourned.

Scope for Maintenance

Radiology Technical Committee