Rad Plan Minutes 2012-01-04
From IHE Wiki
- Chris Carr - RSNA
- John Carrino - Johns Hopkins
- LaShawn Edwards - RSNA
- David Heaney - McKesson
- Kinson Ho - Agfa
- Chris Lindop - GE
- Cor Loef - Philips
- Kevin O'Donnell - Toshiba
- Francesca Vanzo - Arsenal IT
- Niki Wirsz - Siemens
- Review domain timeline
- Planning Committee communication activities
- Planning of educational presentations
- SIIM (June 7-10, Orlando) - No abstracts submitted. Consider suggesting hot topic?
- Program Chairs - Wyatt Tellis and Luciano Prevedello.
- Existing tracks for dose monitoring, image sharing, cancer imaging archive.
- AUR (March 19-22, San Antonio) - Consider for 2013. Figure out program and committee structure to propose IHE-focused session.
- ECR (March 1-5, Vienna) - Consider for 2013.
- AMIA (Nov. 3-7, Chicago) - Abstract submission deadline Mar. 15.
- CARS (June 27-30, Pisa) - Abstract deadline Jan. 10.
- John Carrino, Kevin O'Donnell, Niki Wirsz and Cor Loef all potential attendees.
- Action Item: Chris Carr to inquire with Dr. Lemke about appropriate topic for session. New items in IHE Radiology: eg, Post-processing Workflow (CAD/3d, clinical applications)? Hot topics: Image Sharing, Dose? General overview of what's new?
- RSNA (Nov-Dec. , Chicago) - Abstract deadline April 15. Dedicated slots for IHE sessions. Goal to pair speakers at sessions: IHE geeks plus radiology/clinical experts.
- Action Item: Chris Carr to organize dedicated Planning Committee tcon to review topics with Drs. Erickson, Mendelson and Carrino.
- Other strategic planning issues
- Review Radiology Strategic Planning input to IHE Intl Board strategic planning work group
- Action Item: Schedule two-hour teleconference to address strategic planning approaches and select one to begin work. Chris Carr to send out survey to get times. Target early February.
- Committee governance and process for new co-chair election
- Dr. John Carrino has accepted nomination to fill role of user Co-chair. Kevin O'Donnell would roll off as co-chair and Chris Lindop would continue until February 2013.
- Hold voice vote on February tcon. Announce in advance as part of agenda.
- Next meeting: Strategic Planning and Co-chair election in early February. To be scheduled via Doodle poll.