Pharm Tech Minutes 2016.06.28
From IHE Wiki
- Juergen Brandstaetter
- Simon Letellier
- Leonidas Tzimis
- Michael Tan
- José Costa Teixeira
- Stéphane Spahni
- Marc Robberecht (Webex)
10:00 - 10:30 Welcome
- Review and Approve Agenda
- The agenda is approved
- Approval of minutes of Technical Committee TCon
- the minutes of the Tecnical Committee TCon were approved uninamously.
- Review of activities to date, agenda topics (so that we don't bypass topics before time).
10:30 - 11:00 Change proposals
- CP109: The code generation tools cannot differentiate between Amount of Units of consumable and substitution handling, because they start in a similar way,
- Kai Heitmann suggests to add a template-id to the templates.
- Using template id's is usually combined with the use of a content modules.
- the other issue is the optionality. Jurgen suggests to assign a status SHALL instead. This has to be checked with the Austrian implementation.
- We would have to create mini content modules if we go for the status SHALL.
- This also touches the topic of versioning of templates. PCC has run into issues and have not been able to solve this issue yet.
- CP101: We suggest to keep CP101 as it was. The ommission was already integrated and accepted. Stephane will reverse any change.
11:00 - 13:00 Supply
- Pending Issues of White Paper Supply
- The white paper has sufficient content and material. This includes the barcode supplement. Only editiorial action to be carried out.
- The supplement from GS1 has to integrated into the white paper in a white paper format.
- The next step is to create a profile.
- In the discussion with HL7 (O&O) an agreement has been made for use of chapter 4 and 17 of HL7v2.
- Supply transactions
- In IHE Pharmacy we will concentrate on the functional profile.
- See powerpoint slides from Jose
- Resupply request
- Resupply response
- Request status check query
- See powerpoint slides from Jose
- Do we need any transport profiles? In FHIR the REST concept can be used for transportation of resources.
- For the return or recall procedure we have the following transactions.
- Return permission request
- Return authorization
- Recall order
- Recall order acknowledgement.
- The return permission is also used for example to return stock in case of elapsed date.
- Inventory Transactions;
- inventory query
- Stock level report.
- Consumption or usage report.
- Barcode transactions
- There are 2 barcode transactions:
- Please read the barcode.The barcode reader returns a string of numbers.
- Please tell me what this string says. The barcode processor does not interpret the meaning of the string, It only decodes the string.
- The interpretation is not part of the profile.
- There is also discussion on a seperate transaction where the barcode reader initiates the process and sends a string back.
- The transactions are given names:
- request scan code
- send scanned code
- retrieve scanned code
- UBP-1 is just the request, UPB-3 is just the response
- UPP-4 is a synchronous request and response for scan
- Chirstian Hay has given input.Jose will send the document out once more to the
- Every product has to be scanned in a similar way in an IHE compliant manner.
- This could be at different moments, for example at the point of dispense or at the moment of consumption.
13:00 - 14:00 Lunch
14:00 - 15:30 Joint meeting with the Austrian e-Medication project group
- The Austrian Social Insurance (Responsible for the entire server-part + implementing an API for the client-side)
- presented by Rainer Schugerl from the Social Insurance.
- Seconded by mr.Michael Daimler as technical expert.
- The CompuGroup (which have developed an API for the client-side)
- Mr. Karl Holzer is on the Webex
- e-Medication and ELGA
- Currently in introduction phase starting with 10 pharmacies. There will be affinity domains in Vienna and Steiermark shortly.
- Many interactions. There is a need for caching, but this is not possible in the current architecture.
- Also centralized intelligence is recommendable.
- Provision of Medication List. The system makes a PML. This is an on-demand generated document.
- This is a centralized complex system. Stephane suggests to look at MTP, This has been discussed in Austria.
- The central system cannot express the state of the prescriptions on the Medication List.
- As a patient you cannot hide parts of the medication. You can only provide the whole document or not.
- Medication safety checking is responsibility of the local care provider. This is not enforced centrally.
- Apart from the e-medication Austria will also have an e-prescription project. This is a seperate system. The reimbursment process is complex in Austria, because it depends on the situation of the patient. He could have different insurrances and right om reimbursements.
- Error-messages: the documents are validated, but there is no standard mechanism to handle the error-messages.
- Question whether IHE Pharmacy would be interested in e-Prescription. This would only be feasable if an architect would be funded to create the profile. This would have to be started with a description of the use case.
- CGM is responsible for the central API. The seperate IT vendors do not have to worry of creating a ML.
- here also the problem of reporting of the errors is recognized.
- also the consistency of the code (of the medication) in relationship with the description of the medication.
- There were also issues with the qualifiers of the author of the prescription.
- Question whether IHE Pharmacy will look into FHIR?
15:30 - 16:30 Outreach: Liaison activities and reports, projects
- IHE DCC conference call
- see DCC minutes : (IHE_Domain_Coordination_Committee_Teleconference_Minutes_2016-06-28#Domain_Announcements ).
- We have put topics about FHIR transportation and the Supply topic forware.
- 19256 - Medicinal Product Dictionaries
- This has relationship with the catalogue profile.
- There will an IHE transaction for the catalogue.
- One transaction is a batch update of products.
- The other transaction is to verify a single product.
- IDMP and its impact on IHE
- 19293 - Dispense record
- openMedicine status and meetings
- NCPDP - MoU