PCD TC 2013-01-23 Webex
Patient Care Device Domain
TC Regularly Scheduled Meeting
Topic: PCD Technical Committee
- Regularly Scheduled Meeting Time
Time: 11:00 am, Eastern Time (New York)
Duration: 60 Minutes
- 1. Agenda Approval: Review Discussion Summary: Jan.9: TC January 9, 2013 PCD TC 2013-01-09 Webex
- 2. Detailed Proposals
- 3. Status: TF, Supplement, Other Documents
- - ACM CP: Passed; Voting Continues
- 4. Pre-Connectathon/Connectathon/Showcase
- - Need to recruit EMR vendors.
- - Need PAM providers.
- - General issue: how to provide essential test partners?
- 5. Action Item Review (last reviewed Jan. 9; continue with 132)
- - Item 123 - Close result of Phoenix meetings
- 6. Next and Recent Meetings
- - PC Jan. 16, Feb. 13; TC Jan. 23, Feb. 6 and 20
- - Face to Face Monday April 15 thru Thursday April 18 at Westhealth, San Diego
- 7. Additional Business
Action Items from Previous Meetings
Significant changes, other than dates, will be in bold.
- Chair: John Rhoads
- Paul Elletson, Al Engelbert, Ken Fuchs, John Garguilo, Bob Gold, Richard Lane, Monroe Pattillo, John Rhoads, Jeff Rinda, Mark Thomas (IHS), Manny Furst
Discussion Summaries do not require formal approval, while minutes of meetings where votes are taken do. Participants are encouraged to review and bring up significant issues with discussion summaries of previous meetings. Votes will be taken to approve meetings where votes took place; these may be email ballots.
Item Topic Discussion 1 Introductions & Agenda Review
- - John Garguilo noted that all issues have been resolved with the tools (item 5).
- Agenda approved
2 Discussion Summary or Approval of Minutes
- Discussion Summary of previous meeting January 9 was accepted
3 Agenda Items
- As Noted
2. Detailed Proposals:
- - Remove from future agenda; all have been approved.
3. Status: TF, Etc.:
- - ACM CP ballot reached quorum and we have approval. While the ballot won’t officially close until Monday it is very unlikely that it won’t pass. The changes will be employed at the Connectathon.
- - Richard suggested that information be readily available about updates/changes to the tests. John Garguilo indicated that a new tab will be added to track versions of the profiles and tool.
- - Manny and John noted that PCD needs to recruit EMR vendors for customer needs, availability of EMR time for testing and at the Showcase. Members were asked to think about how PCD can address this and if they have relationships to educate/recruit. John noted that vendors that have stable systems may not return to the Connectathon.
- - Manny to check Epic for WCM. Will ask if Cerner can play consumer role at Connectathon, Showcase.
- - John Rhoads noted that PAM providers are in short supply as well. John Garguilo noted that EUI-64 numbers are not familiar to other systems and a local table may be required.
- - John Garguilo noted that Manny’s reminder email this morning has important information.
- - John Garguilo described the use of Gazelle along with the NIST tool. He asked that participants upload messages for verification in the NIST tool. Developers can save time by starting this verification process in the tool while waiting for a monitor. They should proceed to the next test as well while waiting.
- - Manny requested any missing electrical information and requests for the 32 inch upgrades by Friday when he will send the data to Elli for the Showcase.
- - John Garguilo asked members to keep notes next week – what worked well, not so well and what can be improved.
5. Action Items:
- - Deferred
- - F2F will meet for four days; the poll remains open. Responses to date indicate that a few participants cannot attend one or the other of the options (M-Th or Tu-Fri).
- - TC will meet again Feb. 6, 20. PC will meet Feb. 13.
7. HL7/IEEE Meeting Last Week:
- - John Garguilo quickly summarized a successful meeting. Notes are available on the HL7 health site.
- - RTMMS has been endorsed and included in the standard. Hundreds of terms will be added as a result of PCD’s efforts.
- - x73 standards are being updated.
- - There were joint meetings with FHIR WG.
- - A mobile health WG is being formed.
The next meetings are:
TC February 6, 2013 PCD TC 2013-02-06 Webex
PC February 13, 2013 PCD PC 2013-02-13 Webex
TC February 20, 2013 PCD TC 2013-02-20 Webex